Corizon

Corizon Employee Reviews

Loved Correctional Nursing
LPN Correctional Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, INJune 24, 2015
A day in corrections was very rewarding. Lots of knowledge in medications for chronic care conditions, assisting the physicians in appointments, exams, EKG's, medical appointments, personal protection training and lots of experiences! This was the best nursing job I have ever had! Only negative I have is once inside the gates, it's a long 12+ hours because the parking lot was too far away and you have to go through the Sally Port to be searched each time which takes time away from breaks.
Fun working environment
PRN (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJune 9, 2015
Pros: free salads for lunch
Cons: not enough parking
A typical day here would be busy but fun. Working at a jail some might find scary but honestly it wasn't. I learned a lot about the medications I would pass out and there uses, more then I did in the classroom. I also learned a lot from our densest when I got the rare opportunities to sit in when he worked on our patients teeth. The management in my opinion needs some help at managing there staff to better and to a higher standers. The hardest part was dealing with some of the staff at the jail, mainly the correction officers. I did enjoy working with most of them though. Some would think the hardest part is the patients but they aren't that bad/
ok
LPN (Current Employee), Wellborn, FLMay 18, 2015
great environment to work and grow as a nurse there is always something to do because of the type of patients we have. benefits are alright,
great expierence
EMT-Basic (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: educational expierence
Cons: dealing with the personalitys of the inmates
I was able to work hand in hand with the medical staff and learned a great deal of medical practice that you do not get to see in the emergence field. I was also able to obtain phlebotomy while I was employed.
Energetic active work place
LPN (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Nursing skills will be used.
Cons: work hours are 36 per week.
Very busy, fast pace work place. Assessment skills will be highly used. A great team to work for. Opportunity to use teaching skills for patient education.
Review Summary
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rockville, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: Safety concerns were addressed; strong team support
Cons: Minimal job security; multiple providers resigned
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a change agent for my patients, and finding a psychotropic regime that would enable them to resume emotional balance in their life.
A nice place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2015
I have learned a lot re: Correctional facilities, and how they work. Typical day for me is data entry which I totally enjoy. I get along with my co-workers and we work well together. Management could be better in interacting with employees, communication, which they are working on.
rewarding work
NY-Correctional Counselor CASAC (Former Employee), Queens NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity to help change someone's life
Cons: prison environment
big organization with room to grow within the organization, good benefits challenging work environment, enjoyed working within the prison population with the opportunity to help change someone's life
Prison and staff
Mental Health Clerk (Current Employee), Pendleton, INApril 2, 2015
The staff here are some of thebest that I have ever worked with. While working in this environment can be trying it comes together with great on site management and team players.
Interesting
Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 26, 2015
Very unique enviornment. The pace is fast and the work load is heavy. Very rarely that you will leave on time and may be required to work mandatory overtime.
Great nursing ministry.
LPN (Current Employee), Wetumpka, ALMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: management rules dont apply to all employees, racism favoritsm
I give vital signs, blood sugars, treatment, med pass, working with providers, taking off orders, pulling blood for stat labs and routine labs.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros- Good hours and office. Good experience and challenging.

Office managing position, customer service, ordering supplies, making accommodations.
Not cohesive to work with
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2015
I ran into issue after issue with this company. They didn't seem to have clear answers on anything. Always said they would get back to you but never did. Short staffed and always asking/making everyone stay longer or work extra to make up the difference.
Medical care for the Department of Corrections, Recptive Diagnositics Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plainfield, INFebruary 18, 2015
Intake, Nurse Sick Call, Wound Care, Medicine Pass. Little support from Management. The Nursing staff was excellent. Safety concerns.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), Coxsackie, NYFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at work for me is taking care of sick inmates. The staff gets along well. Management is great. They work with you if you have a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's not back breaking work.
Fast paced always changing.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good place to practice and use nursing skills.
Cons: staff with poor boundaries.
Dr.'s and APRN very knowledgable and willing to share this with nurses during clinics. Very good job to learn skills such as wound care,cardiac and other diseases. Hardest part of the job is seeing the repeat drug addicts and mentally ill over and over. Best part is seeing them improve after being off the streets.
Great People
Sr. HRIS Analyst (Current Employee), St. LouisFebruary 4, 2015
Highly customized PeopleSoft 9.0. The People were very down to earth and easy to get along with. Smaller company than what I was use to. That was a challenge since they didn't have a formal process and standards
Busy Work
Health Services Administrator (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 10, 2015
As a Health Service administrator you are over the entire medical department within a prison. This can be dangerous at times and very rewarding at time. A typical work involves conference calls and reports that are due.
horrible to work for
Nurse (Current Employee), Ocala FlJanuary 7, 2015
They do not work as a team, management is horrible. Corizon has huge overturn because they do not care about you. Its all about the money for them. You do not even have the basic supplies and equipment you need to do your job. Not even hand soap and paper towels to wash your hands! If you use the paper toweling they tell you they cant get more! And they tell you youre using too many gloves! This place is a joke, corrupt and horibble.
Daily Duties at Pendleton Correctional Facilties
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Pendleton, INDecember 20, 2014
Pros: direct patient care
Cons: ability to maintain consistency between medical and custody
At the beginning of my work day I am in charge of gathering Health Care Requests Forms the offenders fill out requesting medical treatment. I triage the forms and send them to the appropriate departments. I then obtain the Health care forms that are specific to my area and schedule the nursing triage for day, evening, and night shift. During this process, I am also juggling the the Urgent care schedule and any emergent/urgent situations that walk in. My management is always available to work the floor when assistance is needed. My co-workers are also very team-oriented and ready to step in and assist with any emergent situations. The hardest part of my job would be the constant need to be aware of my surroundings while focusing on my nursing assessment relating to being in a maximum security prison. The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant patient care and ability to incorporate my holistic nursing knowledge in every situation.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corizon

Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans,┬ábut┬ádepending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional – Read more

Corizon Salaries