Cornell Cooperative Extension Employee Reviews in United States

Learn a lot and had a good experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 8, 2015
I worked alone on programming the application and had to report to a manager. I describe how the application worked and they would give me feed back on what they were looking for and what they wanted changed about the application. The hardest part was learning how to explain to a person who does not know a lot about technology and explaining what you had done to the application and what you could do.
After getting past all the state required stuff,it was ajoy watching the new moms grow and become more confident.
Program Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJuly 21, 2015
Typically, the day would start out with cleaning equipment that the public would be in contact with.
Two days a week we traveled to other sites.
Participants were rostered upon arrival to determine the nature of their appointment.
Some were required to be measured at every appointment.
If appointment was their first visit proof of identity, income and residency in NY State was required, this was re-established once a year.
Returning appointments were made depending on the nutritional risk of the participant at 1, 2 or 3 month intervals.
The program is nutrition based, and healthy lifestyle information was provided.
Having an impact on someone's life during their pregnancy and what to do after they deliver was a very enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Job Security and Advancement, Grant program every 4 years was a wait and see game
Environmental Educator
EVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Voorheesville, NYApril 23, 2014
I teach a certified EPA course to Contractors and Landlords that fall under the regulation when they disturb Lead paint. I also Educate on Asthma, Radon, IPM, Mold, Energy. Well rounded and trained.
Pros
state benefits, pension
Cons
funding
Cce
Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 6, 2013
I learned so much here! At CCE I have done everything from create learning activities for children that had to do with agriculture, participate and put together 4H functions, answer phones, office work, coach children for Horse Bowl and Dairy Bowl, and much more! I loved everyone who I worked for and with. They were so enjoyable and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of my internship was being able to help children learn!
Great Home Environment
Nutrition Teaching Assistant/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 21, 2012
It was a great place to work, and educate every day people on living better lives.
Pros
to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
long travels to clients who may not be there when you show up
Nice work environment with great freedom to pursue interests.
Academic Enrichment Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 18, 2012
An organization with great diversity and unlimited ability to create a carrer path. However, the pay is very poor and job security is grant funding dependent.
Pros
freedom
Cons
low pay
Volunteer
Intern / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 7, 2012
This is a volunteer job with opportunity for permanent placement. The people are wonderful and the environment is friendly.
Pros
people, experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornell Cooperative Extension. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4