CORNELL IRON WORKS Employee Reviews

180+ years in family owned business
Materials Manager/Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Operating under the same family ownership. Longevity is impressive. They make a quality product with a strong safety record. It is a configure to order environment. Must be able to react quickly to order releases.
Pros
incredible longevity
Cons
culture changed since acquiring a competitor
Excellent company to work for - very good to their employees
Executive Assistant to V.P. of Sales (Former Employee) –  Mountaintop, PAApril 14, 2012
My typical day was all about multi-tasking. It was a very fun, yet fast-paced environment. Each day would bring along different tasks (challenges) and projects. From attending meetings, organizing sales team projects and working closely with other departments such as Marketing and Accounting was to be expected. My daily job duties also included interacting (via phone) with the 15 Regional Sales Managers and working on individual tasks with them and reviewing and approving expense reports. Enforcing deadlines - often the Regional Managers would be assigned projects and they would submit them to me so that I could compile all the information into a single format/spreadsheet. Updating budget, revenue vs. epxenses and market share spreadsheets. Reviewing and approving Regional Managers commissions, and updating MapPoint database with all customers. In addition, assisting my boss (VP of Sales) with whatever was on his plate for the day.
Pros
compensation and healthcare. worked independently, not micro-managed. the people were awesome!
Cons
travel for my position recently increased greatly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORNELL IRON WORKS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7