Cornell Scott Hill Health Corporation

Cornell Scott Hill Health Corporation Employee Reviews

balanced medical office
INTERN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 26, 2017
This was a balanced medical office in terms of work. You had to establish a rapport with the clients because many of them were repeat clients. The computer software was very user firendly in terms of looking up and scheduling patients.
great place to gain experience
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2017
It is a nice place to work but has constant changes in employees and environment. It is a great place when to learn and gain experiences, although there is change quite often, which makes you learn to be very adaptable.
Pros
employees are friends
Cons
no raises
Stress stress stress
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 10, 2017
Not the best environment to work. However I enjoyed working and helping patients and co-workers. ====================================================
Great Place to Work
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 28, 2017
CSHHC is a great place to work. The knowledge and skills learned are unmeasurable! I feel Clinician s at CSHHC are above the standard in the clinical field due to documentation standards and applied clinical skills used. CSHHC offers great benefit packages as well as paid time off and flexible schedule.
Pros
individual supervision
Cons
half hour lunch
Excellent place to garner wide range experience in health care field
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2017
I would recommend this company for those interested in working in community health care. Excellent opportunities to garner wide range experience. Loan repayment is huge bonus
Pros
community relations, loan repayment, extensive experience
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2017
I actually like working here. The only reason I live in CT was for this work offer. Overall Cornell Scott Hill Health Center attempts to create a company culture of inclusion. I like my job and feel I am provided with advancement opportunity and space to create my own rhythm at work. The cons I can find are not comparable to the pros that Cornell has to offer.
Pros
colleagues, career advancement, salary
Cons
need more options for healthcare, would benefit from childcare, possible conflict of interest when needing to resolve issues within clinic.
productive and fun place to work
HR Administrative Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 21, 2017
I was was very busy working in HR and covering reception area and I enjoyed working there. The people were very nice. It was very close to home, which made it easy to get to work on time.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
short term assignment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed all of our patients, coworkers and management. Everyone is very understanding the pay is well and never had a a problem in regards to supervisors being understanding and assisting when it was needed. It may get hectic at time because it is so fast paced but the job is very rewarding,
very productive and interesting
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2017
my typical day at work and be fun to do but sometimes stressful depending on how the day goes or the mood attitude of the workload that we gets each day and depending on the calls that i gets but at the same time it can be interesting and challenging too. what i learn how to do things in a timely manner like when my position as a medical records clerk i scanned patients charts in a professional and timely matter yes i have made mistakes here and there but i have been able to learn from my mistakes.my workplace culture was mix withe different people as a whole that worked in different departments. the hardest part of the job was when you didn"t get the job done correctly or the when you could help the person on the phone to located the documentation of the patient on the computer and when you looked for the documentation sometimes its there or not there its get compliatated. the most enjoyable part of the job that you got pay well to take care family.
Pros
have different events every year
Cons
short breaks or hour lunches depend on what time you come to work
Highly Professional
Referral Specialist Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 19, 2017
This company has given me opportunities of professional and personal growth. I am forever grateful for the lives that have touched me and I have touched!

I'm not leaving a company I worked for the past 9 years, I'm leaving a family behind!
Pros
Cornell Scott Founder of CS-Hill Health Center
Cons
n/a
fully integrated community health center
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  400 Columbus AvenueJune 15, 2017
staff members are passionate about their patients and their work, as BH department has outpatient, inpatient detox and PHP/IOP substance use programs it is easy to provide appropriate level of care. You have one hour for new patients and half an hour for follow-ups. Location of the clinic is very convenient, you can have teaching opportunities at Yale ( I loved that part), medical students and residents come to the clinic.
Worked hard not acknowledged
Office Manager/Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 9, 2017
Good company, not many training or advancement opportunities, loved the patients and the coworkers that actually had a heart for the patients, providers work very hard.
Pros
patient care
Cons
under staffed over worked
high stress
Detox Triage RN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 24, 2017
Working or CSHHC was challenging to say the least. I learned alot do to learning how to function with short staff and high acuity. The work environment was pretty hostile due to staff and patients, and management had a hard time controlling staff. The best part was the pay which was decent.
Great Place to be
Administration (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 7, 2017
Great place to work that offers career advancement opportunities when they become available. I met a lot of great people who were truly dedicated to the mission of the Center.
Diversed
Detox Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 11, 2017
A typical day consist of Vitals , Triage of patients, assist Registered Nurse with patient assessments. Aid and educate patients with steps to recovery.
Pros
Great compensation, overtime welcomed, uniform vouchers provided.
Cons
Highly stressful environment
If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't.
Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2017
The staff is a group of amazing people who work hard to get the job done. The executive management culture needs a complete overhaul. While there, I felt a constant fear of uncertainty as to where the company was headed financially. There were always rumors of financial problems with unconvincing reassurances from the CEO that the company was "doing fine". Human resources is very unapproachable. It felt like an environment of fear of retaliation. I was not impressed by the "leaders". If I could do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would never have accepted the job.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Clear class lines between leadership and staff
Nice place to kwork
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMarch 14, 2016
learn a lot with the Centricity Program, Love to interact with my patient have a nice conversation with them. I get along with my coworkers.
Not a good place to work - do not value employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Management only cares about themselves and does not know how to train and value employees. No raises in years and increased healthcare costs year over year.

Increased work hours without increased pay...more for less

No training provided to staff members and no open door policy and if you employees fearful to go to HR for fear of retaliation.
Pros
Can be a good health center for the community
Cons
Lack of management skills and no value for human capital
Good company to work at to learn a new role.
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 8, 2015
This is a good company to work at if you want to learn something new. However, I don't see the opportunity for growth like I would expect any company to have.
poor morale, poor leadership, poor managers
Clinical staff (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2015
Leadership that doesn't care, managers that can't manage. HR is a joke.
No raises, no bonuses.
Would not recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornell Scott Hill Health Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9