Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Not the best Job to have!
Assistant Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Worked at this company for a good amount of time, worked really hard to do everything they gave me. We would lose people and I was one of the people they turned to in order to cross-train and take the job that we were short at. Management is severely lacking at the location I was at.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Short breaks, Not guaranteed your hours, very hard to advance
Dishwasher/ Baker (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSFebruary 2, 2016
My co workers arent the best but some are the best and wouldn't trade them in the world. The best day is Monday when there's no catering going on and i can catch up on my other duties.
N/a
Catering supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 30, 2016
This was my first job I really enjoyed it until they switched to Panera. They were doing good with the first concept they had. But now it has become all weird.
Fun Environment
Sandwich Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2016
Great people to work with. Managers were knowledgeable and attentive. Fast paced environment teaches you to work fast and accurately.
ok
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Is a good company to work. I learned a lot of new costumer service skills, and also I acquire more catering experience. They expect way too much of you specially on the marketing field.
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
low pay
General Food Service and Trainer of New Employees (Former Employee) –  Westwood Village, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Corner Bakery is a significant experience for a job to learn about the food and beverage career environment. It is a daily busy work force that gains leadership and teamork. It takes tremendous vitality to work on basis full time schedule. From working to and from seven days a week, enforcing three person jobs done at one person ability, propaganda for subjectivity than community with employees and management. However a job one can do with patience, teamwork and mutual understanding for customer service in food and relations with compassionate behavior and responsibility.
Pros
emplyees, community, learning experience
Cons
management
Career Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2015
I have been with the company for two years and there is a strong opportunity for career development at Corner Bakery Café.
great start up job
Catering/ Coordinating Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 11, 2015
if you want to hone your skills with marketing and communicating to high end corporate accounts, this is a great place to get your feet wet. the catering job is very fast paced and you must be willing to work under stress. this is not a place that you can build a long term career at. pay compensation is low, but the experience you gain is valuable.
Pros
schedule flexability, food discounts, job opportunities
Cons
pay, poor managment, high stress, you must have schedule flexibility
Great Place!
A supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 3, 2015
Great place to work! Coming to work each day was rewarding and the staff and the customers were friendly! Would recommend people to work there anytime!
Pros
Awesome place
fun and busy
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 1, 2015
Early morning shift start by turning on my Panini grills, stove, and warmers. Collecting all ingredients for the day. In charge of making sure kitchen is up to and has all ingredients for the day. Communicating with FOH making sure everyone from cashier to the servers. Not hardest but would a little hold being short staff, having head cook pick up the extra responsibilities. Having awesome feed back from our guest made the smile fro the day.

Want to know more about Corner Bakery Cafe?

Ask a question
horrible place. *never again*
hot line cook (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAOctober 14, 2015
This place is a horrible place to work . The managers don't care about there employees and there always making you stay 3 hours past your scheduled time.
Pros
free soda
Cons
managers, hours
fun and hard working atmosphere
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 4, 2015
Every day I go in loving what I do. I know nothing short of exceptional services is required of me, and I love the drive and pressure it puts on me.The most enjoyable part for me is I don't just sit in one position all day I do many things through out the day. at one point I'm running cash and making drinks, then I'm in the back baking cookies, just to run out in the dining room and serve tables or helping to make sure catering is out the door on time, personally delivering catering orders. its what motivates me everyday I don't know what I'll be doing but I know its going to push me to my limit and I'm going to smile throughout it because I'm truly happy doing it.
Hours are limited but they work with your schedule and are flexible. if you need a day off they understand and will make sure you have as many days off as you need. My managers work with you not against you.I love how they realize you have a life outside of work and encourage you to make sure you work to live not to live to work.
We hire people not only based on experience but personality. I can truly say I love every single person I work with. this is the first job I don't go into thinking of away to avoid a certain person. Our personalities meld to gather so perfectly which helps us in our production. Production becomes so easy because everyone truly has each others backs we learn and teach each other everything we know.
the only con that I can think of is I need more hours they cant provide. everyone one has less than 35 hours and it isn't enough to sustain a living.
Pros
fun environment, flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
very good plave to work vary friendly environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CaSeptember 20, 2015
in the past year that i have worked for this company I have learned a lot. They have taught me to be more patient and taught me how to be more multitask able.
Pros
discounts for family, friends, and myself
Cons
lots of busy days
Unless you want a dead end job...
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Hours are long, management is harsh. Compensation is low for what is expected. The only silver lining is that staff. They are family.
Pros
Free meals for management, and the staff because of the long hours becomes your family
Cons
No Break, 12--15 hour days on salary = 60-70 hour week, lucky to get to take vacation, Early mornings, late nights, rotating schedules.
very short breaks
Cashier/Expo/Server (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2015
the most enjoyable part of this job was clocking out, turning in my cash drawer, and of course being able to walk out leave to home
Vindictive management to be overworked and underpaid without steady hours
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 10, 2015
Upon being hired, Corner Bakery loves to give the impression of a future of gainful employment. They pitch a great story about how if you try hard, you'll succeed and get what you want. They tell you to set goals and ambitions and work towards them.
However, within a month of being employed there, you learn that it's a facade. They'll call you in to cover a server shift, knowing that's the number one thing you're working towards. When you get in, they'll tell you that they're moving you to cashier and putting the cashier on serving, even though they told you over the phone that you'd be taking a server shift.
My general manager began a campaign of harassment against me. When I finally called HR and filed a formal complaint, the HR manager was floored at what I told her. However, when the investigation was launched, it went nowhere because my general manager was buddy buddy with the area director, who struck the investigation down.
Shortly following that, my hours were cut from 46 hours per week to 12 hours per week. That's when my employment with them ended.
Pros
Restaraunt experience
Cons
Bad management, low pay, inconsistent hours
fun exciting workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown,PAAugust 8, 2015
Enjoyed my time here, worked with great people that have become really close friends with. Management was fair and expected the best.
more work hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
very busy everyday good and rude customers management very unprofessional disrespectful toward employees worst job i every worked low pay not enough hours
Pros
more work hours
Cons
very low pay
Simple and easy going
Hot Cook (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 18, 2015
This is a casual work environment where you deal with several opportunities to help customers enjoy a great shopping experience through excellent customer service.
Great leadership from corporate office and staff.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 1, 2015
Upper management were very supportive in all decisions in this company. work hard and have fun was company motto. I would work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself.