Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

no good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2017
One of my old managers at this job was very perverted. He would touch one of the underaged girls and keep her after we closed. i told the GM but they never did anything about it and i quit because of that. we ended on bad terms.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Fun Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2017
Everything was good. They had some poor upper management, but there have been some good turnovers. It makes work life better. They could pay a little better, but its not horrible.
Not a good place to work whatsoever
Cashier/Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 1, 2017
Management shows favoritism, will not give you hours due to labor budget costs. Hands down the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Owners/Managers don't value their employees. Expects so much with little pay. Everything was always chaotic and no one ever knew what they were doing. Customers were always complaining due to mistakes on their orders, or their drinks not being made right away, due to lack of training employees. You're basically like a chicken running around with your head chopped off on weekend mornings. Management gossips about employees. I can see why no one ever lasts or quits to find a new job. Not a pleasant work experience at all, will NEVER recommend anyone to work at Corner Bakery.
Cafe on 16th street mall
Cashier/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2017
Very busy during lunch period. Sometimes the cashier will also have the duties to run food for the guest they rang up as well. Tips sometimes can be left on tables! So this is nice.
Passionate Company
Trainer/Catering Production (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2017
This company was very passionate about everything they did. This company also taught me a lot about business and my general manager was extremely driven.
good place for work
DISHWASHER, LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 28, 2017
A cafeteria with a lot of speed, but with moderate activity with a certain speed, but possible to work without much stress. Good location and good chefs. A positive experience in learning to work in the food area.
Pros
desconto
Cons
na
From Server to cash
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 26, 2017
To say my four years was rewarding would be a lie. Management treated the workers unfairly with attitude and an unnecessary amount of pressure to do your job and others. I would walk in and not even know the location i would end up in. The corporate office we had to deal with didn't seem to care about the employees either. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Vacation time off
Cons
no tips, Management
Full of new opportunities from opening 2 new cafes in a brand new market
Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 26, 2017
Family oriented, third place environment, focused on attracting individuals looking for a comfortable place to dine and relax. A variety of food options allowed for guests to widen their choices.
great place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Server/dishwasher/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 24, 2017
The service was friendly, quick, abd very efficient. I enjoy going to this location because the atmosphere is calming and relaxing. The quality of food is great and consistently comes that way each visit.
I was greeted with a smile. The staff was very attentive, noticed when I was finished and made sure I was satisfied with my food asking if there was anything they could do to assist me and would that be it for me.
10 week
No thanks
Cashier, Food Preparation, Waitress, Busser (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 24, 2017
Learned a lot but wasn't my favorite job. Just a panera rip off but not as nice to employees from what I understand. Very stressful, and under staffed. I would usually work FOH and BOH and catering while I was there, on a normal day.
Pros
Cons
flexible
Workplace either very fast or slow
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 24, 2017
Corner bakery can get very busy at times, and throughout the day a lot is expected of you. The job is either very fast-paced or slow and boring-you find yourself looking around for anything to do.
Productive job and always on feet and fun eviroment
Barista/Cashier/Catering/ Expo (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2017
Its a great environment but it can also be stressful . its a easy job to adjust to and the employee are very helpful . You can pick up hour at any corner bakery cafe when needed.
Pros
benefits and also a Reimbursement program for college students
Cons
short break and pay for your meal
Fun workplace
Server/FOH (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 21, 2017
- leadership skills
- suggestive selling and salesmanship skills
- fun environment and competitive
- gained expertise in leadership by training co-workers
Pros
Good leaders, discounted food, benefits
Cons
No tips
Fun and Exciting First Job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 20, 2017
A typical work day is fun and exciting while moving at a fast pace. I learned leadership skills and training techniques. Management always wiling to work with others in improving job environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 20, 2017
High paced, organized, fun. Looked forward to working. If I was ever stressed, I was able to rely on my managers. Learn to deal with all different types of people.
Pros
free/discounted lunch
Cons
short breaks
The costumers love to come get a biblical word and/or prayer from me.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed praying for people and sharing a biblical perspective to everyday problems... That's what made my work day phenomenal.. God bless. That was the over and beyond. My job was to serve in a timely manner and meet the needs of the costumers..
Comfortable environment for a restaurant
Front of House (cash/expo/server/busser) (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 19, 2017
Mornings are more busy than afternoons. The staff is awesome and hardworking. The management works with you. There are a handful of kids in school and they make sure they arent working too much where it will affect their schooling. Very family friendly.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 11, 2017
Working for Corner bakery is a fast paced environment and competitive job. I worked from 10 to 12 hours a day sometimes 6 days a week. From mid shift to closing shift.
Pros
Getting to know the customers in the community.
Cons
Work balance life at home.
productive and fun
cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working here the manager was compliance and concern about the employees.It was well relaxed and comfortable with a fasted pace and a chance to get to know the area while being a part of the environment.
literally the worst job i've ever had
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 2, 2017
horribly managed, you won't be trained and then they'll be mad at you for not being trained, and the fellow employees are so incredibly rude which causes for a ridiculously hostile and unprofessional work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.