Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe United States Employee Reviews

productive and fun safe working environment
Baker/dishwasher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: great breaks
Cons: getting off on time
come in get everything prep and prepare for the lunch rush learn how to get the orders out under five minutes or less. Management does their part that wayh the employees are happy and still get the job done the hardest part are the rude customer when they take it entirely to far.
i enjoyed working in corner bakery
Retail shift lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: can be stressful, compensation sucks and no career advancement
a typical day at corner bakery would be very busy.

i learned alot specially multitasking in very hectic high speed environment

management wasnt good.

no career advancement. it takes too long to get promoted.

management is not very good at dealing with employing. some people work too hard and some people dont work at all but ironically both get paid the same. i felt very unappreciated.
Easiest Job Ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2015
Working at Corner Bakery had its ups and downs. But for sure, the good always outweighed the bad. It was quite easy and once you knew all the responsibilities and duties of the job, it was like eating cake everyday. The downfall was working with certain co-workers and managers... But hey, thats anywhere. Right?
Standard Restaurant
Cashier/Expo (Current Employee), 7403 N. MacArthur BlvdMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Not enough compensation, Sloppy Management, Breaks not enforced
Days get pretty chaotic, I've learned how to make drinks and to be more patient with management decisions. I get along with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unstructured management and not having the opportunity to take 2 breaks within an 8 hour work shift or more. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers and working with co-workers.
Be prepared to work hard
General Manager (Current Employee), WauwatosaMarch 16, 2015
Decent company. Is a franchise so a little different from corporate/ Staff are good and the Managers are also. Be prepared to work hard
fast paste with dependable coworkers
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: hours
at corner bakery you always had to work at a fast paste, help eachother but worry about your duties,i learned a lot at corner bakery and very fast. some coworkers wwere very helpful when needed hardest part has to be when we have an unhappy customer the frustration of trying to get them happy again.... corner bakery had its pros and cons
Fast Paced with Great Opportunity for Advancement
AREA DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Western RegionFebruary 22, 2015
Great opportunities for advancement and personal growth, rewarding to see impact of labor. Excellent work environment and corporate structure.
Fun but fast pace cooking environment.
Sandwich Cook/Baker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: half off, great management team, working with food, learning about the kitchen environment
Cons: too fast pace, not enough team work, too much prep in a little bit of time
I really liked the job, I enjoyed working with food, I learned about the short order kitchen environment, I met great people, good management team, overall it was a great experience. The con was that it was too busy and you get too much prep work for a too short of a time.
terrible management, terrible job
Line Cook (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2015
typical day consists of doing double work because night shift doesnt prep. learned that nothing. management is loose, lax and shows favoritism. coworkers are not bad people but work ethic is nonexistant. most enjoyable part was going home.
Line Cook
Line Cook (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks
The job requires a lot of standing for up to 8 hours a day. The job requires you to be constantly busy throughout the shift by prepping food and preparing food within 5 minutes of the order being placed. There were often 2-3 other employees and a kitchen manager to supervise and help during the shift. The employees had their own stations such as Hot Station, Sandwich Station, and Salad Station that each had to prepare orders in 5 min or less.
An expanding chain with a typical atmosphere.
Expo./Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: discounted meals that can be made my way.
Cons: frivolous meetings that could have been covered before each shift.
On a typical day I would perform many different front duties. It did not bother me to help out on any duties besides my own. I enjoyed I was given the responsibilities. I learned a lot about the workings of coffee making, and the workings of the back of the house. Like proper temperatures and prep. My only complaint was a small dining area that can quickly become a huge mess.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: short breaks
- Work schedule is perfect
- Co-workers are fun to work with
- Hardest part of the job is to make customers happy when we messed up their order by accident
- The most enjoyable part of the job is work as a team and get everything done through out the day.
Its like having your family here
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great way to grow in the company
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
A fast paced, Relaxing environment where a guest can just kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee and a sandwich. The typical work day consists of prepping and preparing your work station to either start the day or shift. As part of the management team, our store rank #2 in the south florida area. My fellow co-workers was like my family away from home, everyone had fun and work hard.
Corner Bakery Cafe
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: can learn to work in different areas
Cons: too far to travel to
Fast paced environment. I learned alot in a little bit of time. It was like taking a crash course.
Very hard working enviroment
Hot chef (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch if you get on the good side maybe once a week
Cons: short breaks, lots of yelling, speed is critical
Hardest part was basiacally everything. they expect one person to do the job of two and not pay him for it. very bad management on my behalf.
Fast pace casual restaurant
General Manager/Market Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hours of operations
Cons: open 365 days
Corner Bakery was not just a restaurant it was a place where people meet to just talk or have their meetings. Business went from bakery all the way to catering which allowed the GM to build up sales not just from within but also by going out and reaching to other businesses.
Fun work place, amazing managment, fun co-workers
Cashier and Corner Bakery Cafe' Franchise Trainer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: co-wokers, managment, fun enviorment
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work would be I would clock in then go to the lockers to put away my purse. Then I would go to my area were I worked was right behind the cashiers. I have learned to work in a fast pace environment and also learned how to multitask. I also learned how to deal with diverse personalities. My co-workers were very nice. I had a lot of friends while working there. the hardest part of the job was waking up really early. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming a franchise trainer and going to different cities to open new stores and train employees.
Friendly but very busy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), La Habra, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day was an 8 hour shift on the cash register taking people orders, making coffee, frappes, smoothies, etc. Often times you would cover expo or server. Corner Bakery was my first job so I learned how to work and act at a work place. Management at Co Workers were very family friendly and helpful. The hardest part was dealing with customers who often tried to get a free meal. The most enjoyable part was making friends and keeping those friends even after I left.
the truth about corner bakery
service attendant (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: only pros are the very few hard workers that do work there, the very few.
Cons: poor management, non-competitive pay, false promises, and lack of training
I recently worked at the corner bakery in Orange, they have managers that don't care about you, promise things that they never fulfill, tell you what you want to hear just to make you happy but never follow through, and don't listen to complaints that have to do with people that don't do their job and are wasting company time and money.
I'm a server and I'd come in for my closing shift, to add i close by myself, and everyday day the bakery would be a mess, coffees expired, teas are out, no back ups, condiments are almost gone, and trashes are filled to the top and the mangers would do nothing about it. I would tell them that this isn't right and that the two servers before me shouldn't leave the store looking like this, but they always turned their heads and ignored my requests. I took it upon myself and started telling the servers before me to not leave until everything was done. I had to grill them everyday for weeks if not months.
Cashiers would stand around and do nothing while others are working and i would tell them to do something bc I'm running around busting my buns and these girls are just doing nothing. I got tired of all the lazy people there and told the managers but they did nothing about it. I just got fired bc apparently i created a hostile environment. I think that is bull. If the managers would have done their job in the first place when i first said something, then there wouldn't be a problem. Horrible place to work, i do not recommend it to anyone to work here.
When i say managers I even mean the general manager. Corner bakery really needs to shape up, that's why they have such a high turn around. Also bc when someone calls out and doesn't show up you think they would call someone else in, wrong, they just make the other employees pick up the slack. Horrible horrible place to work. It's bitter sweet getting fired from that place.
I hope corner bakery's hr department sees this post
Fun workplace
Server/ cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
I enjoy working here because of the great atmosphere.

I've learned how to be more outgoing and people friendly from this job and I've learned to multitask very well.

My co workers are very nice and friendly they are quick to help you out with anything you need.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the guests that are more difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making guest happy and being complimented in return

1 2 3

About Corner Bakery Cafe

The bakery does seem like a logical place to start looking for a sandwich. CBC Restaurant Corp. operates and franchises more than – Read more

Corner Bakery Cafe Salaries