Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Corner Bakery
Server (Former Employee), La habra caMay 21, 2015
Its a great place to work. The customers are friendly, kind, they become your family. I would recommend this restaurant to any one. The customer service is great its fast. The place has free wifi so you can go study.
Productive and fun day at the workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
Meet and greet the customers and take their orders in a well manner way. Working here I've learned how to better my communication skills because different cultures come to this restaurant. The management team could be nicer. I got along well with my co-workers. There was nothing hard about this job.
Slow paced environment
Baker/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Madison, MSApril 24, 2015
I really disliked working. The management was unfair. I think that if the management was better, then it would have been a better company to work for.
productive and fun safe working environment
Baker/dishwasher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: great breaks
Cons: getting off on time
come in get everything prep and prepare for the lunch rush learn how to get the orders out under five minutes or less. Management does their part that wayh the employees are happy and still get the job done the hardest part are the rude customer when they take it entirely to far.
i enjoyed working in corner bakery
Retail shift lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: can be stressful, compensation sucks and no career advancement
a typical day at corner bakery would be very busy.

i learned alot specially multitasking in very hectic high speed environment

management wasnt good.

no career advancement. it takes too long to get promoted.

management is not very good at dealing with employing. some people work too hard and some people dont work at all but ironically both get paid the same. i felt very unappreciated.
Easiest Job Ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2015
Working at Corner Bakery had its ups and downs. But for sure, the good always outweighed the bad. It was quite easy and once you knew all the responsibilities and duties of the job, it was like eating cake everyday. The downfall was working with certain co-workers and managers... But hey, thats anywhere. Right?
Standard Restaurant
Cashier/Expo (Current Employee), 7403 N. MacArthur BlvdMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Not enough compensation, Sloppy Management, Breaks not enforced
Days get pretty chaotic, I've learned how to make drinks and to be more patient with management decisions. I get along with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unstructured management and not having the opportunity to take 2 breaks within an 8 hour work shift or more. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers and working with co-workers.
Be prepared to work hard
General Manager (Current Employee), WauwatosaMarch 16, 2015
Decent company. Is a franchise so a little different from corporate/ Staff are good and the Managers are also. Be prepared to work hard
fast paste with dependable coworkers
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: hours
at corner bakery you always had to work at a fast paste, help eachother but worry about your duties,i learned a lot at corner bakery and very fast. some coworkers wwere very helpful when needed hardest part has to be when we have an unhappy customer the frustration of trying to get them happy again.... corner bakery had its pros and cons
Fast Paced with Great Opportunity for Advancement
AREA DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Western RegionFebruary 22, 2015
Great opportunities for advancement and personal growth, rewarding to see impact of labor. Excellent work environment and corporate structure.
Fun but fast pace cooking environment.
Sandwich Cook/Baker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: half off, great management team, working with food, learning about the kitchen environment
Cons: too fast pace, not enough team work, too much prep in a little bit of time
I really liked the job, I enjoyed working with food, I learned about the short order kitchen environment, I met great people, good management team, overall it was a great experience. The con was that it was too busy and you get too much prep work for a too short of a time.
terrible management, terrible job
Line Cook (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2015
typical day consists of doing double work because night shift doesnt prep. learned that nothing. management is loose, lax and shows favoritism. coworkers are not bad people but work ethic is nonexistant. most enjoyable part was going home.
Line Cook
Line Cook (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks
The job requires a lot of standing for up to 8 hours a day. The job requires you to be constantly busy throughout the shift by prepping food and preparing food within 5 minutes of the order being placed. There were often 2-3 other employees and a kitchen manager to supervise and help during the shift. The employees had their own stations such as Hot Station, Sandwich Station, and Salad Station that each had to prepare orders in 5 min or less.
An expanding chain with a typical atmosphere.
Expo./Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: discounted meals that can be made my way.
Cons: frivolous meetings that could have been covered before each shift.
On a typical day I would perform many different front duties. It did not bother me to help out on any duties besides my own. I enjoyed I was given the responsibilities. I learned a lot about the workings of coffee making, and the workings of the back of the house. Like proper temperatures and prep. My only complaint was a small dining area that can quickly become a huge mess.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: short breaks
- Work schedule is perfect
- Co-workers are fun to work with
- Hardest part of the job is to make customers happy when we messed up their order by accident
- The most enjoyable part of the job is work as a team and get everything done through out the day.
Its like having your family here
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great way to grow in the company
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
A fast paced, Relaxing environment where a guest can just kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee and a sandwich. The typical work day consists of prepping and preparing your work station to either start the day or shift. As part of the management team, our store rank #2 in the south florida area. My fellow co-workers was like my family away from home, everyone had fun and work hard.
Corner Bakery Cafe
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: can learn to work in different areas
Cons: too far to travel to
Fast paced environment. I learned alot in a little bit of time. It was like taking a crash course.
Very hard working enviroment
Hot chef (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch if you get on the good side maybe once a week
Cons: short breaks, lots of yelling, speed is critical
Hardest part was basiacally everything. they expect one person to do the job of two and not pay him for it. very bad management on my behalf.
Fast pace casual restaurant
General Manager/Market Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hours of operations
Cons: open 365 days
Corner Bakery was not just a restaurant it was a place where people meet to just talk or have their meetings. Business went from bakery all the way to catering which allowed the GM to build up sales not just from within but also by going out and reaching to other businesses.
Fun work place, amazing managment, fun co-workers
Cashier and Corner Bakery Cafe' Franchise Trainer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: co-wokers, managment, fun enviorment
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work would be I would clock in then go to the lockers to put away my purse. Then I would go to my area were I worked was right behind the cashiers. I have learned to work in a fast pace environment and also learned how to multitask. I also learned how to deal with diverse personalities. My co-workers were very nice. I had a lot of friends while working there. the hardest part of the job was waking up really early. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming a franchise trainer and going to different cities to open new stores and train employees.

1 2 3

About Corner Bakery Cafe

The bakery does seem like a logical place to start looking for a sandwich. CBC Restaurant Corp. operates and franchises more than – Read more

Corner Bakery Cafe Salaries