Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe Employer Reviews

Its like having your family here
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great way to grow in the company
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
A fast paced, Relaxing environment where a guest can just kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee and a sandwich. The typical work day consists of prepping and preparing your work station to either start the day or shift. As part of the management team, our store rank #2 in the south florida area. My fellow co-workers was like my family away from home, – more... everyone had fun and work hard. – less
Corner Bakery Cafe
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: can learn to work in different areas
Cons: too far to travel to
Fast paced environment. I learned alot in a little bit of time. It was like taking a crash course.
Very hard working enviroment
Hot chef (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch if you get on the good side maybe once a week
Cons: short breaks, lots of yelling, speed is critical
Hardest part was basiacally everything. they expect one person to do the job of two and not pay him for it. very bad management on my behalf.
Fast pace casual restaurant
General Manager/Market Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hours of operations
Cons: open 365 days
Corner Bakery was not just a restaurant it was a place where people meet to just talk or have their meetings. Business went from bakery all the way to catering which allowed the GM to build up sales not just from within but also by going out and reaching to other businesses.
Fun work place, amazing managment, fun co-workers
Cashier and Corner Bakery Cafe' Franchise Trainer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: co-wokers, managment, fun enviorment
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work would be I would clock in then go to the lockers to put away my purse. Then I would go to my area were I worked was right behind the cashiers. I have learned to work in a fast pace environment and also learned how to multitask. I also learned how to deal with diverse personalities. My co-workers were very nice. I had a lot of friends – more... while working there. the hardest part of the job was waking up really early. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming a franchise trainer and going to different cities to open new stores and train employees. – less
Friendly but very busy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), La Habra, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day was an 8 hour shift on the cash register taking people orders, making coffee, frappes, smoothies, etc. Often times you would cover expo or server. Corner Bakery was my first job so I learned how to work and act at a work place. Management at Co Workers were very family friendly and helpful. The hardest part was dealing with customers – more... who often tried to get a free meal. The most enjoyable part was making friends and keeping those friends even after I left. – less
the truth about corner bakery
service attendant (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: only pros are the very few hard workers that do work there, the very few.
Cons: poor management, non-competitive pay, false promises, and lack of training
I recently worked at the corner bakery in Orange, they have managers that don't care about you, promise things that they never fulfill, tell you what you want to hear just to make you happy but never follow through, and don't listen to complaints that have to do with people that don't do their job and are wasting company time and money.
I'm a server – more... and I'd come in for my closing shift, to add i close by myself, and everyday day the bakery would be a mess, coffees expired, teas are out, no back ups, condiments are almost gone, and trashes are filled to the top and the mangers would do nothing about it. I would tell them that this isn't right and that the two servers before me shouldn't leave the store looking like this, but they always turned their heads and ignored my requests. I took it upon myself and started telling the servers before me to not leave until everything was done. I had to grill them everyday for weeks if not months.
Cashiers would stand around and do nothing while others are working and i would tell them to do something bc I'm running around busting my buns and these girls are just doing nothing. I got tired of all the lazy people there and told the managers but they did nothing about it. I just got fired bc apparently i created a hostile environment. I think that is bull. If the managers would have done their job in the first place when i first said something, then there wouldn't be a problem. Horrible place to work, i do not recommend it to anyone to work here.
When i say managers I even mean the general manager. Corner bakery really needs to shape up, that's why they have such a high turn around. Also bc when someone calls out and doesn't show up you think they would call someone else in, wrong, they just make the other employees pick up the slack. Horrible horrible place to work. It's bitter sweet getting fired from that place.
I hope corner bakery's hr department sees this post – less
Fun workplace
Server/ cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
I enjoy working here because of the great atmosphere.

I've learned how to be more outgoing and people friendly from this job and I've learned to multitask very well.

My co workers are very nice and friendly they are quick to help you out with anything you need.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the guests that are more difficult.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is making guest happy and being complimented in return – less
Productive & Fun work place.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch
Cons: short breaks
It was a very comfortable work space for the most part, The other employee's were nice for the most part.
Fun workplace if you love to work hard
MANAGER (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great food, great benefits
Cons: long hours
Great food great atmosphere
The job is fun, very guest focused
Long hours, lots of politics
Great Place and people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMay 1, 2014
I enjoy working here because of the management, and other employees, The corporation has really made this business guest and employee friendly. From training to daily duties, every thing is clearly outlined. The management encourages and gives opportunities for the staff to show their abilities and leadership as well as advancement.
My first Job back from school!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
LEarned tons from my Manager to help me step into management
Productive ad Fun workplace
Catering Driver (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Great people, and management, not afraid to talk to you about what my be happening in you life or what you could possibly do to help produce more in the store.
Great environment with friendly co-workers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: half off price of food, friendly staff, free coffee.
Cons: compensation, sometimes understaffed.
Generally the work day is routine. As a cashier you come in and help guests, make suggestions, explain the menu and do it with a smile.
I've learned how to be more out going and people friendly from this job and I've also learned to multitask very well.
My co-workers are great. Most of them are very helpful and friendly and do whatever they can to keep – more... our team going throughout the day.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the guests that are more difficult, like the ones who say one thing to you but insist they wanted something else. For the most part it's not a big deal.
The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished when I solve problems in the workplace and when I can assist a guest so well that they compliment on the establishment before they leave. – less
New Fast Casual Concept To Bay Area
Manager Administrator (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I enjoy the community and the excitement they have for the opening of this restaurant.
Great if you only work
Cashier (Current Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 12, 2013
Pros: comps on food, schedule availability
Cons: no raise after a yr., 20min breaks and you can not leave
This job is great, for people who only work. For students going to HS or college sometimes it is hard because everyone needs days off and needs to study and the managers can not always accommodate for everybody. This place was wonderful when I started working here, but it has begun to become a hassle to go to work.
Great jobs
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: great places to work
Cons: need more income
Great atmosphere and great people to work with. Management was wonderful also.
Feed the Day
Sales/Marketing Director and Community Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, MSNovember 6, 2013
Corner Bakery Cafe is a wonderful company to work for. The enthusiasm and attention to quality make it a company that you can take pride in associating yourself with. I resigned to pursue higher education and I will definitely pursue returning once I have earned my Master's degree.
Not bad
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great salads
Cons: short breaks
Good food! Management ok.No decent break.
No Sundays. Catering phones never stopped ringing, even when closing for the day. Could be slightly unorganized.
I love my job but its not enough
Line Cook/Catering Production (Current Employee), Pikesville, MDOctober 1, 2013
Pros: friendly work place ok for a part-time job
Cons: doesnt pay well i have to work alot of over-time
I love my job but it doesn't pay that well and no matter hard I work I don't feel like my job is secure. I come in at 5:00 am and I start opening right away. I collect the required tools and set up my cooking area. I dice tomatoes, red peppers, and green peppers. When the customers start to come in, I prepare meals fresh to order. My management team – more... helps me when I asked for it but they get very upset if you don't produce orders in time. The hardest part of my job is speed of service. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people. – less

1 2 3

About Corner Bakery Cafe

The bakery does seem like a logical place to start looking for a sandwich. CBC Restaurant Corp. operates and franchises more than – Read more