Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Typical large fast food conglomerate, fairly good structure
Caterer/Server (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 25, 2017
They make a big deal of throwing buzzwords like "family, lifetime career" at you, I found it really was only to draw you in and make you feel comfortable. The backbones of the company is very similar to any other large fast food chain. They have strict guidelines towards how you perform your work, and those take complete precedence over any semblance of ingenuity or efficiency improvements. On the other hand, they were fair and the job was standard, so those are positives in my opinion. Lots of the typical bureaucratic bull.
Pros
Decent pay, easy work, well-tuned management structure
Cons
Lunch breaks not included, bureaucracy, limited advancement
productive workplace
Beverly Connection Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I learned the front of the house area, cashier, food runner. Also worked my way up to the kitchen, learned how to multitask and time manage. I leaned how to work with catering big orders.
Fast paced environment with incompetent Supervisors
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Working at Corner Bakery was terrible.The Management is lazy and incompetent. For example when there is a line of customers they stay in the back office doing "paperwork" to avoid helping in the kitchen or dine. In addition to that Supervisors choose favorites among the associates based on looks rather than work ethic, making it difficult to move up within the company.
Pros
Discounted meals, fun coworkers, free coffee or soda
Cons
BAD MANAGEMENT, no flexible scheduling, overtime
Cafe With Great Customers
Salad Cook (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I Feel Like The Job Is Good If They Pay More. Very Hands On And Flexible exercise. Some of the worker fail to do prep and we have to cover their work and ours while its busy in the store.
Pros
Used to have free lunch. New manager Stopped it
Cons
short breaks
Hectic but you get used to it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
For any type of job in this restaurant, you have to be on top of everything. It is very fast during lunch and breakfast time. Make sure you do everything quickly but done right
I was in charge of being a teachers aid
Caterer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I was a volunteer for this position. It was a interesting position helping all ages of students from kinder to sixth grade.
Starter Job
Catering Assistant; Server; Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2017
I have worked at CBC for about six years now; initially hired as a dishwasher I eventually moved up to the role of a trainer. I have worked at several different locations and have seen overall how the company is run. Outside hires tend to be brought in on a regular basis and trained by people who have dedicated most of their lives to the Corner. This can be frustrating, as you are asked to train people, where as you personally may not even be paid the required bonus for the training. This company is simply a starter job for most, that can end up being a lifetime career. Unfortunately, it may not be a very satisfying job at the end.
Pros
Half price off lunch, free cold drinks
Cons
Short breaks, not much room for advancement
it is afun place to work, my co-workers are very helpful and amazing
Assist the cleaning staff (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 18, 2017
we all work together as a team. we help each other all the time. my co-workers are amazing and the management is great. we are fast paced. we are excellent at time management.
Great Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Working for Corner Bakery this past 4 years has been a great learning experience, I have become a very strong General manager and have created very good managers. Corner Bakery Café provides a great quality of life 10 hrs work days. 2 days off per week. 2 paid weeks through out the year. The only thing negative about corner bakery Café is it has weak benefits and slow growth potential. The CEO of the company is a great individual and an amazing mentor.
Pros
Quality of life
Cons
Growth, and benefits
Na
Training General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Challenging but helpful for experience. Poor work life balance not well compensation. Changing culture. Catering is a hard skill to grasp. Outdated tools. Nonstop from open till close.
Productive work envoirnment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 11, 2017
I would talk with customers taking down there orders as fast as possible. I learned how to speak with customers in different settings of moods. Management was excellent and trained well. I always had questions and they would always be answered. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a working crew that flowed together when we became very busy.
Very professional
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Everyone was very professional and caring. Very good company to work for. Everyone from the management to the dishwasher were treated respectfully.
Keep me busy all the time made lots of money
Cashier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Typical work day 6 - 4. Stand at a cash register all day if you don't do deliverys. Managers and co workers where fun. Generally manager kinda rude. Loved baking all day and smelling everything when you walk in. Guests where sweet.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2017
I love working for corner bakery i just don't like the management they do not know how to talk to they employee they like to talk down on the employee and treat them bad.
Pros
We get 50% off our lunch
Cons
We have a 20 min lunch break and that's all.
Productive place and good enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 28, 2017
My work experience in corner bakery was to interact with people and handle money, since my job title was a cashier. i learned how to mange with problems that had to deal with employees or sometimes customers. One important factor in thisworking company is to smile and always treat others with respect.
Pros
food is great
Cons
not to much work hours
over all my expierience coukd have been allot better
dish washer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Over all the management was pretty mediocre, and un-reliable. They felt the need to give attitude when a employee is sick. Other than that, it was ok of a job
Productive work enviornment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 16, 2017
I liked working there and a typical work day is busy and loving to help people. The people I worked with, I loves working with them, we all helped each other do what was needed to make the store successful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to make every customer happy. The most important part of the job is being able to be there for a customer and help them get the food and drinks they want and just to help them with any and everything they want and need.
Pros
Half off food there.
Cons
Short breaks, no health coverage.
It was very fun working there until my location closed.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJanuary 16, 2017
We were told the location was closing on very short notice. Our options were be terminated or switch locations where you were not guaranteed the same schedule or hours for that matter.
Pros
half off food even when you don't work
cool place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Corner bakery was a nice place to work. It wasn't a very busy place to work the only rush is during lunch time (5:00). They hour of business was great. They closed early enough to do things after.
Productive,Fun, Hard working environment.
Cashier/Key Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be starting off by opening both display windows and expo line by 6:15am. Greeting guest by 6:30 and getting started restocking our sweets. I've learned how to be an example to my fellow employees, by showing good leadership and communication skills while being understanding. The management team is amazing. They help out with any and every problem we have and are very understanding during situations. My co-workers can sometimes be annoying but they are very fun. They make the day go by faster. The hardest part of my job is handling a situation that becomes out of my control. I love it when our guest are happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is laughing with the guest and joking around with my mangers and other employees.
Pros
Learning new things. Being looked at as a manger
Cons
Short hours, Angry guest. Easily frustrated employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

71%