Cornerstone Brands Employee Reviews

Great in advancement, poor in pay
Service Monitor and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with Cornerstone. Positive environment and room for advancement, but they didn't give me Service Monitor salary even though I did that position 3 out of 4 days a week and 1 day I did customer service. I was still getting Customer Service pay.
Pros
Guaranteed breaks, great coworkers, free and discounted items, great benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Not paid for higher position, have to work every 1 weekend day
Balanced, Fair management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 21, 2017
An excellent company to work for from home. Hours are flexible and managers are helpful and readily available. Pay is good as well. Work in a supportive environment with a helpful team.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
short hours.
This is a serious work environment, however, it does have some relaxation at times.
Slapper (Current Employee) –  Monroe ohioMay 31, 2017
I like it but did not come to make it a career. I came to make money and to put that I had some kind of employment over a certain time period. I enrolled in a Manufacturing Processes certificate program to get a much better job. Once I find a better job, I'm gone. I fi was a High school grad looking for a god start in a career type job, this is a good place to start.
Pros
good relaxed job environment.
Cons
They do make you work......
Good money
Pick/Pack (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 16, 2017
Working at cornerstone was good for me. They gave me enough hours to pay my bills and still put money in the bank. During peak season I would work about 60 hours a weeks.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Short breaks
Work at Home Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2017
Required to handle calls with in 7 min and something customers would take longer placing there order. When having an compliant from the customers you would have to contact a supervisor and most of the time you are on hold but you would have to go back to the customers every min to check back with them until the supervisor come on the line.
Pros
Work in the comfort of your home
Cons
Handle time for calls
great workplace
One to One Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 17, 2017
cornerstone really helped me learn a few things about health care and it great to know that i a great help to building the clients u and helping them through life
Flexible Hours.
Landscaped Front Yards (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAApril 4, 2017
For a Summer job during High School this provided a little extra spending money. There is not much more to say about it except that hot days where a pain.
Pros
Fast easy money.
Cons
Hot Days
Loved working here
DSP - Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my job here. Great clients and supervisors. Never a dull day. Compensation wasn't great, but the experience of being a DSP was what I needed and learned here.
Nice place to work with friendly people
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 15, 2017
I found all associates to be friendly and helpful. They had a well stocked break room and the security staff was very watchful and made sure associates felt secure.
Pros
feeling of security
Cons
had manditory overtime
fun place to work
Picker / Packing (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 24, 2017
pick an pack orders shipping an it was pretty easy to work there the days went fast to because everyone was super nice there
Pros
fun place to work
Cons

Want to know more about Cornerstone Brands?

Ask a question
productive and fun workplace, game nights
Direct Support Proffesonal (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 8, 2017
My day at work differs Monday - Sunday we have a set schedule for our group of lady's. For example Friday,s is game night & Sundays they go to church.
Pros
free lunches, get to put smiles on there faces
Cons
sometimes dont get a break if you work by yourself
Overall
Associate III (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Overall a solid place to work. There was not much emphasis on building a work culture in a way that would improve interactions between management and associates, but I will say that there was a shift that appeared to show that the company was trying to focus on improving culture.
Pros
Steady and solid job
Cons
Could improve on communicaton
Not a good experience.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Poor training, poor communication skills, they hire you for one job and then switch you almost without notice, and it's not like the pay is better on the new job they switch you to.
Pros
It's easy work.
Cons
Poor communication, poor training.
One of The Worst Jobs Ever!
Work-at-Home Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Cornerstone is a good company to work for if you have tough skin. The management and escalation teams are very rude and they do not liked to be called upon. The training is great, but after that things get terrible. If you have a question that needs a quick answer, you have to wait on another peer to answer in chat because the supervisor or escalations will not answer. I can see this happening once, but this has been repeatedly. Be careful and do your homework before working here.
Pros
Pay and discounts.
Cons
Too many to name.
Fun place to work
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent products great directors and managers. It was a great place to work and advancement for hard working people was viable. Except for the merchants, most days ended by 5:30 unless you were in the creative department and happened to be on a photo shoot.
Pros
Fun people, good pay, great product
Cons
favortism is some departments
Not as friendly as preceived!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 13, 2017
This company is all about the numbers no matter how good the worker is or can be. The supervisors and managers for the most part aren't invested in the workers unless you have the upper hand on the supervisor. Some supervisors don't even know the day to day operations of the departments.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Everyone is friendly
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CASEWORKER (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 17, 2016
No work drama. Everyone is nice to each other and it is a really nice work environment. Just wish they would pay more. Moving up is easy, but you have more work to do. Everyone helps out though.
Very productive workplace, Fun and exciting
Liquidation/Rebox (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 15, 2016
I absolutely loved this job. Only reason I'm currently not there is because my job there was seasonal. If I was permanent there, I probably would have retired there.
everyone is nice
Improvements Pack Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 9, 2016
learned a lot. 7 different machines and can move up in company. Its fun working there and when asked to do something that isnt in your current job description and you use to do it, they will ask you to do it for that day or a certain amount of time due to not enough people.
Pros
Easy going people
Cons
management
Job experience
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 31, 2016
Cornerstone is a great place to work if they put you in a no drama department. when I first started back in 2015 I really enjoyed this job until the managers and HR members started showing favoritism towards the employees that just started.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
too much favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Brands. Our community is ready to answer.