Production Operator—Bindery Finisher
Perform bindery finishing on jobs using folder, booklet maker / stitcher, spiral binders, cutter, laminator, drill, shrink-wrap and miscellaneous other equipment. Assist in banding, bagging and traying direct mail for delivery to Post Office. Print large format posters, hard cover book making. Assist in other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Job Task Descriptions
- Complete duplicating jobs using folder, booklet maker / stitcher, spiral binders, cutter, laminator, drill, poster trimmng, hard cover book making, shrink-wrap and miscellaneous other equipment
- Assist in direct mail duties
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Fast paced environment
Education and Related Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will train as needed
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to promote and follow policy and procedures
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to their supervisor
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Periodic overtime.
- Fast-paced environment; subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.