Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

Great patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2016
Typical work day is rewarding. Just knowing that at the end of the day families are appreciative of your services. You are able to lift up their spirit and give them some peace of mind. On the other hand, you also get comfort within yourself doing what God ordained you to do.
Management is lacking all the way around. If you are not kissing up which includes fibbing on others to make you look good you are doomed.
Some co-workers are excellent and others fib to make themselves look good even when they don't do their job.
Hardest part of the job dealing with lying Case Managers to cover themselves, and you have no absolutely say so to tell your side of the story, and get punish for something is untrue because you are not in their clique.
Pros
Serving those in need
Cons
Nightmarish for poor hospice patients and staff that serves them
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 10, 2016
Revolving door for nursing staff as no good nurses will stay. Poor patients do not receive pain control. Patients that need supportive care do not get it cause there is no staffing for the care. Nurses were forced from their weekday positions into working weekends. They throw nurses out in the field that have no hospice experience, and guess what, of course those nurses do not know how to manage the patient's symptoms. Overall, direct care staff wants to do the right thing. There is simply NO support.
Pros
Work with committed staff.
Cons
ethical violations, seeing patients with uncontrolled pain
Hospice Social Worker
Clinical Social Worker and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Hospice care with hectic work environment. Horrible management team and preferred treatement given to nurses. Be ready to be overlooked and under appreciated if you are not the management pet or part of their click group! On an on-call rotation and having to commute long distances to meet productivity.

Very expensive medical benefits and extremely low salaries!!! Keep looking!!
Pros
Ability to help patients facing end of life related issues.
Cons
Everything else
Passionate People
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 15, 2016
If you are passionate about patient care and enjoy a rewarding career, then Cornerstone Hospice is for you! Providing excellent care to hospice patients is the number one focus and company culture. Management is open to new ideas and your voice is heard. You are not just an employee number, you are a person who is valued at Cornerstone.
Pros
supportive HR team, career advancement
Stressful Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TavaresAugust 6, 2016
Very stressful environment - growing too quickly without plans of how to support growth so employees are not on complete overall. As more nursing staff are added, administrative staff numbers do not increase.
Nurses stretched too thin! All staff on overload!
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful
Cons
Stressful environment - little work life balance
Don't waste your time.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 18, 2016
This company is a waste of time from a nursing stand point. They make you go very far for orientation and they don't have shifts for you after you finished. If your are full time they send you all over their territory. And per diem they catch attitudes if you don't give them availability. Also if you give availability they have you sit around all day and sometimes not even call you to cancel you.
Hahaha if your a nurse run. Lol. If you like money run.
Pros
Orientation paid. They provide lunch for two days of it
Cons
No shifts for nurses.
Best hospice ever
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 8, 2016
This is not my first hospice job, but it's my best hospice job ever. Caseloads are just right. Management support is just right. Teamwork is excellent.
Pros
Great leadership. Great culture. True to mission
Cons
Can't think of any
patients and staff really matter
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2016
excellent place to work. good opportunity to advance. super people to work with. flexibility is good and there is good support by the leaders. people are generally happy to work here and feel like they make a difference with patients and their families at a difficult time.
Pros
management really cares. feel good about what you do. excellent pto. 403b plan has incredible match.
High Demand
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Get paid for 40 Hours per week and work way more than that and do not get pain overtime. Also work 2x on call shifts for 12hrs at a time without been paid for it. This job is very stressful and demanding and when you weight up what you are earning its not an RN wage!!! I love the type of work but not this job.
Pros
work on your own time.
Cons
no evertime or oncall payment, travel far distances.
Hours
On Call Runner (Former Employee) –  TaveresAugust 19, 2015
Hours posted on site were different then hours worked. Working 16 hours on Saturdays and Sundays was difficult ( especially when patients medications needed to be taken care up to 10-11 am, many times). I was only able to get 3-4 hours of sleep in a 32 hour period.
Caring and goal oriented atmosphere
Registered Nurse Primary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
Caring and dedicated team for hospice patients, awesome interdisciplinary team that went above and beyond for patients
management is killing morale
anonymous (Current Employee) –  tavares, flFebruary 16, 2015
when your supervisor has no clue of what you do day to day, but then turns around to tell you how to do your job, you are in trouble! morale is terrible, and skilled, caring people are dropping like flies to get out. it's sad. co-workers (most of them) are a plus, but many of them have moved on to greener pastures. most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that, despite everything mentioned above, you have an opportunity to make a difference to a patient or family member. pay isn't great, benefits are too expensive for what you get.
Pros
making a difference, co-workers
Cons
management, morale
Close knit group, but ever changing
RN (Current Employee) –  6B RegionOctober 14, 2014
Cornerstone Hospice is a great place to work, however with the ever changing Medicare guidelines and laws that are being passed, it has put a crunch on the workload for all the staff.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Increased patient loads and expectations due to Medicare
Productive and fun place to work, a Family environment.
RECEPTIONIST/SWITCHBOARD/FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLSeptember 17, 2014
What I miss the most is the people I worked with, they were friendly, supportive and helpful to me in the day to day work. The people I worked with were like Family.
I was busy all the time and the day would fly by and before I knew it the work day was done and I was headed home. I learned a lot about working as a team.
Pros
Friendly, Family environment
Cons
Health care
Very overwhelming at times
Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 29, 2014
Cornerstone Hospice is a great place to work just is not what I am working towards anymore.
Awesome Non-profit oranginzation.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  The VillagesJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at Conerstone, involves getting report from off going nurse and taking over the assignment. Your ratio 6:1 in an Inpatient Unit. I have learned that my job is a very important aspect of my life. I enjoy taking care of patients and their family. This is a way I consider giving back to the community. Management could be better, but most corporation deal with some type of political piece. My co-workers are like my family. When you give respect you earn it in return. I love to work with all my co-workers. We work as a team not individuals. The hardest part of my job is not having a supporting manager. The most enjoyable is taking care of my patients.
Pros
PTO, Pleasant enviroment, co-workers
Cons
political part
Amazing coworkers and patients. All else HORRIBLE!
RN (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 20, 2014
Management tries to lead by intimidation! The whole hospice concept had been turned into sales. If you do not "convert" your new referrals you get in trouble. No such thing as a 40 hr. week. Always have to work OT without compensation.😬
This used to be a great place to work. Administration wants to know why the are such negative things being said in the community and it is because of them.
Run the other way. If you do not heed this warning and do apply, ask HR why so many employees have left or are leaving. (Even long term, 20+ year employees)
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management and redicously expensive health insurance.
Good place to work.
CNA/HHA Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 9, 2014
My usual work day is 8 hours, 5 days a week presently. I have had multiple CEU's over the years,have attended multiple out of town conferences,including our yearly CNA Conference. Was a past member of FL. Assn. of Nursing Assistants in Haines City, FL. Our management team has been great. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is losing patients you have had for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of wonderful people and having some good co-worker support and friendships.
Pros
Good vacation benefits.
Cons
Health insurance.
Loved working with patients and co-workers
Private (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 3, 2014
Are not honest regarding that actual commitment of time needed to do your job the way that is needed. Please know that this is a 40+ hour weekly job before you accept a position.
Pros
Awesome Patients and Co-workers
Cons
Corperate managers are not medical and often attempt to lead by intimidation
Productive and challenging workplace
LPN Intake facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 8, 2013
Increased knowledge and experience while working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9