Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

Not in the real spirit of hospice nursing
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 3, 2017
All the nurses here are stretched beyond what they can endure. Since this so called not for profit is all about the money, when numbers go down a little, they lay off nurses and the ones that are left have to take on even more patients when they can barely handle what they have.

Many of the patients are either not hospice appropriate, not terminal, or are not on board with hospice care, which just makes it harder for the nurses to do their jobs. There are a lot of problems with ethics, but you have to just put up with it or get out.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the company itself and its policies
The job in itself was great but the politics we're not so great
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
The janitorial work was good and I loved helping clean out sick patients rooms to help them and the staff feel better but the politics made the job become frustrating.
Pros
The job itself I do enjoy cleaning and organizing
Cons
not enough hours and the politics from HR
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
At my job, we have a good and bad day as it is with any other company. Like another job, one day could be stressful, and the next one relax. I learned how to approach patient toward their end of life, keep them comfortable, and how to provide support to their family. The management act reasonably most of the time. The hardest part of the job is to witness people dying all the time, especially people who weren't ready to go through this process yet. My best moment at this position is when I do something to make my patient happy and comfortable.
Pros
You get pay for mileage and toll
Cons
Some time your 12 hrs shift can turn to 4 hrs or less
great benegits
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OrlandoOctober 5, 2017
management is alright, not great. You get paid salary, so you very much manage your own time. As long as you get the work done at the end of the day thats all that matters
The staff I worked with was wonderful. I had excellant direct management.
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLOctober 3, 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked directly with including management. However, upper management was completely out of touch with the staff. We had great benefits but the wages were low and all bonuses had been removed and once pay increases were reimplemented they had lowered the scale on which they increase wages.
Pros
Great working armosphere and benfits such as PTO, health insurance and such.
Cons
Low wages. All bonuses removed and pay increases lowered.
low pay, high turn-over
Hospice Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 14, 2017
This was a while ago I worked for the company. Management had changed several times. The pay was low compared to other companies. I enjoyed my co-workers, but they did not stay long.
Pros
flexibility, helping famlies
Cons
pay
excellent work/life balance
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lake County, FLAugust 31, 2017
flexible schedule, generous time off

team environment, unique programs and ideas for growth and support to patients

opportunity to advance to move to various other departments
Love Cornerstone Hospice
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 26, 2017
I have loved working for cornerstone hospice. I am unhappy right now because since our census is low, I have no work with the teams because I am pro. It is a great place to work, and I hope I don't have to leave.
Pros
Co workers are very helpful and caring
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Cornerstone is an excellent company, love not for profit.
RN Case Mgr (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2017
Cornerstone pay is less than other hospices. Medical is more than other hospices. Work environment is excellent, caring and flexible. Awesome company.
Pros
Flexible and caring work environment.
Cons
Medical benefits high and pay lower.
Wonderful place to work that believes the patient and their families come first
PRN ON CALL RN (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed the Hospice experience tremendously. I worked in the administration role while at Gulfside Regional Hospice in Pasco County and when I started working for Cornerstone Hospice in Polk County I was a Clinician. This job was going to the various hospitals in Polk, Hardy and Highland Counties to see our current patients to be sure the facility knew they were a Hospice patient and that the patients wistes were being followed. I would also speak with new referrals and discuss with the patient and their family about the benefits of Hospice. If they signed with us I would arrange for the transportation, durable medical equipment, medications and nurses to be at the home if needed. This was also done for our current patients who were in the hospital who may need additional equipment and medications. I left this position to become the weekend triage nurse where I would telephonic-ally speak with patients and their families who called with questions or concerns. I would get orders for any needed medications, answer their questions while providing them with comfort. My position as a PRN nurse I would visit the patient in their home whether it is a private home, an ALF or a Nursing Facility. I would go where the triage nurses instructed me to do and perform bedside comfort care as needed. My most enjoyable part of the job was the love the patients would return due to being so grateful for what all the hospice team provided them. To see the happiness in their eyes that I had arrived and they knew their needs would be met now that I was there.
Pros
Wonderful patient moments
Cons
Occasionally could not have lunch on time because patients needed me.
Company had high turnover in management.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMay 18, 2017
Company did not consider employees or long hours on call, weekends, and special circumstances with patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of patients and families.
A good company but not enough people to provide service
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 10, 2017
It is a good compny but they do not have enough staff for the present growth of the company and really need to restructure.Need more nurses, HHA's etc. The staff is overwhelmed and the Team assistant's are constantly given more and more things to perform. Pay raises are very inadequate. Pay for the team assistant's is low.
Pros
I have a great manager
Cons
Not enough help
nice upbeat workplace
health information management specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 3, 2017
this was an excellent company to work for i enjoyed the clients as well as the work load. My job also required me to enter medical information into the computer insuring that Hippa regulations were not broken.
Great patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2016
Typical work day is rewarding. Just knowing that at the end of the day families are appreciative of your services. You are able to lift up their spirit and give them some peace of mind. On the other hand, you also get comfort within yourself doing what God ordained you to do.
Management is lacking all the way around. If you are not kissing up which includes fibbing on others to make you look good you are doomed.
Some co-workers are excellent and others fib to make themselves look good even when they don't do their job.
Hardest part of the job dealing with lying Case Managers to cover themselves, and you have no absolutely say so to tell your side of the story, and get punish for something is untrue because you are not in their clique.
Pros
Serving those in need
Hospice Social Worker
Clinical Social Worker and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Hospice care with hectic work environment. Horrible management team and preferred treatement given to nurses. Be ready to be overlooked and under appreciated if you are not the management pet or part of their click group! On an on-call rotation and having to commute long distances to meet productivity.

Very expensive medical benefits and extremely low salaries!!! Keep looking!!
Pros
Ability to help patients facing end of life related issues.
Cons
Everything else
Passionate People
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 15, 2016
If you are passionate about patient care and enjoy a rewarding career, then Cornerstone Hospice is for you! Providing excellent care to hospice patients is the number one focus and company culture. Management is open to new ideas and your voice is heard. You are not just an employee number, you are a person who is valued at Cornerstone.
Pros
supportive HR team, career advancement
Stressful Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TavaresAugust 6, 2016
Very stressful environment - growing too quickly without plans of how to support growth so employees are not on complete overall. As more nursing staff are added, administrative staff numbers do not increase.
Nurses stretched too thin! All staff on overload!
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful
Cons
Stressful environment - little work life balance
Don't waste your time.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 18, 2016
This company is a waste of time from a nursing stand point. They make you go very far for orientation and they don't have shifts for you after you finished. If your are full time they send you all over their territory. And per diem they catch attitudes if you don't give them availability. Also if you give availability they have you sit around all day and sometimes not even call you to cancel you.
Hahaha if your a nurse run. Lol. If you like money run.
Pros
Orientation paid. They provide lunch for two days of it
Cons
No shifts for nurses.
Best hospice ever
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 8, 2016
This is not my first hospice job, but it's my best hospice job ever. Caseloads are just right. Management support is just right. Teamwork is excellent.
Pros
Great leadership. Great culture. True to mission
Cons
Can't think of any
patients and staff really matter
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2016
excellent place to work. good opportunity to advance. super people to work with. flexibility is good and there is good support by the leaders. people are generally happy to work here and feel like they make a difference with patients and their families at a difficult time.
Pros
management really cares. feel good about what you do. excellent pto. 403b plan has incredible match.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.