Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

High Demand
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Get paid for 40 Hours per week and work way more than that and do not get pain overtime. Also work 2x on call shifts for 12hrs at a time without been paid for it. This job is very stressful and demanding and when you weight up what you are earning its not an RN wage!!! I love the type of work but not this job.
Pros
work on your own time.
Cons
no evertime or oncall payment, travel far distances.
Hours
On Call Runner (Former Employee) –  TaveresAugust 19, 2015
Hours posted on site were different then hours worked. Working 16 hours on Saturdays and Sundays was difficult ( especially when patients medications needed to be taken care up to 10-11 am, many times). I was only able to get 3-4 hours of sleep in a 32 hour period.
Productive, Educational and fast paced
System Administrator/ Medical records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 22, 2015
I learned a lot from Cornerstone. My co-workers were great and taught me a lot about patient care while I thought most of them about their new technology "toy". A typical day was to turn on my computer and check my email for any new assignments. Check inventory on our diaper supplies. Also input data on the patients. I did scheduling when the scheduler was out of office.
Caring and goal oriented atmosphere
Registered Nurse Primary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
Caring and dedicated team for hospice patients, awesome interdisciplinary team that went above and beyond for patients
management is killing morale
anonymous (Current Employee) –  tavares, flFebruary 16, 2015
when your supervisor has no clue of what you do day to day, but then turns around to tell you how to do your job, you are in trouble! morale is terrible, and skilled, caring people are dropping like flies to get out. it's sad. co-workers (most of them) are a plus, but many of them have moved on to greener pastures. most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that, despite everything mentioned above, you have an opportunity to make a difference to a patient or family member. pay isn't great, benefits are too expensive for what you get.
Pros
making a difference, co-workers
Cons
management, morale
Close knit group, but ever changing
RN (Current Employee) –  6B RegionOctober 14, 2014
Cornerstone Hospice is a great place to work, however with the ever changing Medicare guidelines and laws that are being passed, it has put a crunch on the workload for all the staff.
Pros
great managers
Cons
increased patient loads and expectations due to medicare
Productive and fun place to work, a Family environment.
RECEPTIONIST/SWITCHBOARD/FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLSeptember 17, 2014
What I miss the most is the people I worked with, they were friendly, supportive and helpful to me in the day to day work. The people I worked with were like Family.
I was busy all the time and the day would fly by and before I knew it the work day was done and I was headed home. I learned a lot about working as a team.
Pros
friendly, family environment
Cons
health care
Very overwhelming at times
Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 29, 2014
Cornerstone Hospice is a great place to work just is not what I am working towards anymore.
Awesome Non-profit oranginzation.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  The VillagesJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at Conerstone, involves getting report from off going nurse and taking over the assignment. Your ratio 6:1 in an Inpatient Unit. I have learned that my job is a very important aspect of my life. I enjoy taking care of patients and their family. This is a way I consider giving back to the community. Management could be better, but most corporation deal with some type of political piece. My co-workers are like my family. When you give respect you earn it in return. I love to work with all my co-workers. We work as a team not individuals. The hardest part of my job is not having a supporting manager. The most enjoyable is taking care of my patients.
Pros
pto, pleasant enviroment, co-workers
Cons
political part
Amazing coworkers and patients. All else HORRIBLE!
RN (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 20, 2014
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management and redicously expensive health insurance.
Good place to work.
CNA/HHA Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 9, 2014
My usual work day is 8 hours, 5 days a week presently. I have had multiple CEU's over the years,have attended multiple out of town conferences,including our yearly CNA Conference. Was a past member of FL. Assn. of Nursing Assistants in Haines City, FL. Our management team has been great. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is losing patients you have had for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of wonderful people and having some good co-worker support and friendships.
Pros
good vacation benefits.
Cons
health insurance.
Loved working with patients and co-workers
Private (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 3, 2014
Are not honest regarding that actual commitment of time needed to do your job the way that is needed. Please know that this is a 40+ hour weekly job before you accept a position.
Pros
awesome patients and co-workers
Cons
corperate managers are not medical and often attempt to lead by intimidation
Left because my hours were being cut.
LPN, WCC (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2014
Learned a lot about hospice, working the MD was wonderful. Management difficult to deal with and were micromanaging.
Productive and challenging workplace
LPN Intake facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 8, 2013
Increased knowledge and experience while working for this company.
Offers good opportunity for new RN grads to learn
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2013
Private individual care for children with chronic life medical conditions. Must be able to work independently and problem solve easily on equipment like vents, feeding pumps and central lines.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
low compensation and no raises.
Loved the work, my boss
RN (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 5, 2013
Replaced in Crisis Care by LPN's-stayed in the job because I loved it-took a $5/hr cut in pay-was paid the same as our newly graduated LPN's they hired.
Pros
enriched my life/ had a wonderful boss
Cons
would have liked to be paid as an rn-i hear they are using rn, s again in crisis care-yeah!
Family amongst workers
HHA/CNA Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2013
Work at your own pace..comfortable schedule. Extra overtime available if needed..Loved everything..
Pros
schedule
Fun work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2013
Its something that i love to do , caring for hospice patient and i am a person with a lot of empathy.
Caring and Compassionate place to work!
Clerical Support /Receptionist/Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Tavare,FlJuly 13, 2012
It is a privledge to work amoung the most compassionate and caring people! The best part of my job is knowing that I make a difference in the lives of people who are going through what may be the most difficult part of their lives!

Comment – June 13, 2013

The central region management does not have any experience and are very unprofessional. The primary focus should be on the patient, especially the ones that are "in complianance". They are very clickish and political very sad.