The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for assisting in the financial close (monthly, quarterly and year end), managing commissions, payroll and other accounting related functions. This person will be responsible for working with the accounting team to prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations, various supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures, and provide supervision of various accounting team members.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to
interact with the accounting team on a daily basis. This candidate must be
focused, intelligent, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able
to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. We provide an
attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Responsible for managing the accounting operating functions such as, payroll, commissions, treasury, etc.
- Manage the preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations, prepare analyses and ensure that reconciling items are identified, researched, and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the financial reporting and financial close process
- Coordination with external. auditors for requests and inquiries
- Implement process and procedural improvements to optimize the workflow within the department
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA licensure is a plus or have a plan and desire to obtain licensure
- 4-5 years of Big 4 or National Firm experience is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze and investigate accounting matters and have the ability to conclude and propose solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects of high priority
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Netsuite or other accounting software is a plus
At Cornerstone OnDemand, our mission is to empower people around the world with on-demand, integrated talent management software and...