Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to work
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
It's a great company to work. It's very productive and fun to work there. For interns, they have special programs that you could get exposure to different departments.
Great company to work for
eLearning Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 29, 2016
I have the flexibility to work remote. I have very little travel requirements. I get to be creative and do what I love all day long. I have been with the company for over 5 years and couldn't imagine life anywhere else.
Great company, but, need to be in the right role.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 15, 2016
Great technology, but, the industry may have caught up. Difficult to position the price as it is much higher than competitors.
Great CEO with outstanding vision of the industry.
Can be a great place to work if in the right position.
Pros
Great CEO.
Cons
Remote jobs are extremely challenging in areas of collaboration.
What I learned
Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 2, 2016
Cornerstone OnDemand is one place everyone loves to work. It is highly professional and truly growing company. I got a chance to work with amazing team, and they encouraged my thoughts on for the prokect.
Great Environment
FINANCE CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 3, 2016
This is a fantastic place to work. After all, CSOD is amongst the top 20 SAAS companies out there. I worked as a contractor so there weren't too many opportunities to advance or even get hired full time. Of course, there were opportunities for full time employment, however, I was not qualified for those roles.
Fun place but long hours
Operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 15, 2016
Fun place with great benefits such as arcade on 4th floor, free masseuse on site, chiropractor on site, free lunch Fridays, etc.
Temp Operations Specialist
Partner Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 1, 2016
Great benefits are provided. Free snacks all throughout the office space. Great lunch is provided on Friday. Employees are very open and courteous.
Most Improved RSM
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A well deserved accompishment! I'm happy to have received this award with a crystal placard next to my desk that makes me very proud of my work ethic each and every day.
Productive with excellent job culture and perks
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent company to work for and great work culture. Work experience in agile and scrum methodologies on multiple projects.
Great people, great culture, truly exceptional employer
Team Lead, Corporate Account Development (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 20, 2015
Hands down, this is the best company I've ever worked for. Whenever Cornerstone says anything, whether it's internally to employees or externally to clients and prospects, we stand by our word. Our sales team always focuses on client needs and operates with the utmost integrity. Employees are encouraged to create their own career path and management empowers the workforce to seek continuous learning and development to enable individuals to take that next step. I never want to leave this company and I feel personally responsible to contribute to Cornerstone's ongoing success.
Pros
free breakfast everyday, unlimited PTO (exempt employees), beautiful and modern corporate offices
Cons
the work never stops, but where does that ever happen? constant change
awesome environment, productive, every Friday lunch
SQL Developer / SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 25, 2014
Work environment:
excellent, best team, cool manager, great team work

I learned team management, new technology, meet with new people

At deployment time need to work hard, need to stay for the long to resolve all issues. which was kind of fun too.

most enjoyable time, every friday --> cornerstone on demand staff lunch. it was the coolest thing. we all meet at one place and having our delicious lunch.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hip culture but a lot of knowledge silos across teams
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 9, 2014
CSOD tries to keep a 'youthful' and hip culture. People who work there are generally smart, cool, visionary and dependable but the company is facing some growing pains having grown so much and so quickly both in terms of product/clients and staff. As a result, there's a lot of initiatives but a lack of follow through amongst the executives. There isn't a succession planning process at this company and your success is really tied to who your manager is. Also due to the quick growth internally, there are A LOT of middle managers that contribute to an overly politicized working culture, thus detracting abilities for career progression/visibility as well as transparent communication.

With that said, I did enjoy my time here for the most part as I got to work with a lot of really smart colleagues and work across global and cross functional teams to deliver some exciting, relevant products. The culture here demands a resourceful, self-starting individual who is very comfortable with ambiguity. I would also suggest that a strong performer is one who is able and comfortable in self-marketing/promoting themselves continually and effectively.
Pros
casual, hip culture. great office. free food.
Cons
lack of succession planning; too many middle managers
This is a fast growing company with great people and vision.
Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 8, 2013
I found that there was disconnect between what my position was expected to do and the resources available.
Pros
virtual work options
Cons
misguided service model
Fun place to work
Commission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 20, 2013
There is always something to do and a deadline to meet. Lunch time is mostly at the desk. I can't say that I've learned a lot. I am learning the new commission system and how their plans work. My co-workers are very nice people. They do a lot of happy hours and seem to enjoy each others company. The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance. I spend a lot of time at work and can't always plan a vacation or appointments due to the workload. I enjoy staying busy and I really enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches, relaxed start time, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Understaffed, very little work life balance
Mission
Premier Accounts, Global Product Support III (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Empowers people, cultovate learning applications, builds talent and provides technology on demand
Pros
training, social networking, global culture
Great overall company to work with..
Integration Project Manager (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 10, 2012
Great culture..
A tad below the mark in marketable salaries.
Good benefits.
Great product(s).
Definitely a company that earned and deserve its publically traded status on NASDQ in 2011.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
salary a tad below the market.
Great place to work for the right people
Talent Management Consultant, Coach & Trainer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2012
This is a good place to work with good people. The organization had an amazing culture as it started to grow the leadership in the company began to have really bad communicaiton issues. Many of these issues will be worked out as the company hires more expireanced managers currently they are promoting from with in people with limmited to no leadership skills.
Pros
good culture, smart fun people
Cons
really bad communication skills