Cornerstone Therapeutics Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of drugs for diseases that have unmet medical needs. We offer a unique and professional environment that values hard work, fosters creativity and promotes success. Headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area - our team consists of industry leaders and visionary employees who share our commitment to improving patient, care giver, and practitioner lives through bringing innovative medicines to market.
We value entrepreneurialism, motivation and a strong drive to succeed. The Company offers competitive wages, a strong benefit package which includes a 401(k) match, opportunities for performance-based bonuses and stock options.
Cornerstone Therapeutics is a growing company with strong values, an exciting vision and a clear strategy for the future. Our employees tell us we are a great company to work for - here's what we can offer you:
- Challenging and interesting assignments
- Supportive colleagues and a dynamic team
- An environment where you are valued and initiative is encouraged
We currently have an opening for a Regional Business Manager based in the Kansas City, MO region.
Reports to: Vice President, Sales
Manages: Senior Hospital Sales Reps
The Regional Business Manager develops and implements strategies to achieve short and long-term business objectives. This includes individual or group meetings and telephone contacts to develop employees’ sales skills, objectives, product knowledge, teamwork, territory management, and competitive knowledge, coordinate sales and service efforts. Directs, coaches and motivates personnel to achieve territory and regional revenue goals. Recruits, interviews and hires candidates for open positions. Provides clear direction to the field to ensure tactical implementation of goals. Ensures high levels of customer service are maintained as well as compliance with all company policies and Pharma codes. The RBM manages expenses in a way to maximize return on investment. Provides continuing education to existing customers and manages customer relationships to ensure that their needs are met.
Scope of Position
Receive assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Provide guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting of objectives. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
Regional Business Manager is ultimately responsible for team meeting sales goals for each product within their assigned region. The Regional Business Manager is also responsible for the coaching of each direct report to meet the sales objectives within each territory in the region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Act as advisor to unit or sub-units; become actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
- Frequently interact with subordinates, outside customers and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Provide immediate supervision or assigns tasks to a unit or group of employees. Provide general or direct supervision to employees. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Target accounts for growth in line with target markets and accounts identified; implement fee increases or price changes; introduce new products and services.
- Increase the profitability of existing accounts by analyzing profitability, product and service portfolio and communicating plans with customers and executing solutions.
- Build relationships at multiple levels within the account (e.g., physician, nursing, pharmacy, administration)
- Research customer problems and direct resolution/prevention to appropriate Department
- Account Management Activities
- Prepare reports for management.
- Collect and channel market dynamics information (competitive, etc.).
- Target and secure profitable new business in line with regional marketing strategy by effectively targeting prospective accounts, creating in-depth prospect profiles, building relationships, prepare and present proposals, and securing the business.
- Plan for increasing territory volume and profitability through implementation and execution of national strategies and initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of company products and those of competitors and share this information with leadership.
- Ensure total compliance with all company polices and government regulations.
- Responsible for educating and enforcing company policies and government regulations with all direct reports
- Understand current marketing strategies.
- Demonstrates strong coaching, leadership and team building skills.
- Manages competing demands
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Measures self against standard of excellence
- Maintains confidentiality
- Reacts well under pressure
- Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Keeps commitments
- Commits to longer hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Listens and gets clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Applies feedback to improve performance
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical, BioPharma and/or medical device sales with a documented track record of sales and or management success.
*75% Travel and overnight stays
*Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
*Must live within territory (or reasonable proximity of 50 miles)
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Only responses containing salary requirements will be considered.
Cornerstone Therapeutics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.