CORNERSTONE OF RECOVERY Employee Reviews

Patients need more time to detox before assessments are given to understand what they have read and filled out.
Employee Training (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNJune 7, 2016
Working with patient's is rewarding. Stressful, management is a joke, co-workers cliquish, but not all, communication can be bad. Appears the patient's suffer from lack of understanding when admitted. Appears disorganized. Business cares more about making money.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Lack of consistency between staff. Job security, insurance and new management/CEO.
Supportive and Loving WOrkplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, TNAugust 12, 2015
Wonderful and supportive environment to work. Always leave work with a good feeling. Pay and benefits are lower but usually is with mental health and smaller companies.
Pros
free employee meals and fitness facility
Cons
lower pay and expensive health care plan
former employee
cor (Former Employee) –  corDecember 16, 2014
There is no job security, management does not care about the employees only the $$$ they can make. A typical day includes getting yelled at through emails, harassed by other workers or constantly questioned .. Patients are the best and only good part of this work place.
Pros
rate of pay
Excellent Leadership and Woking Conditions
Group Therapist-Lecturer-Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, TNSeptember 30, 2014
Staff is very suitable for anyone seeking recovery services.
Fast paced job but rewarding
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  TNJune 30, 2014
Co workers are great.
It is a fast paced place and you have to be on your toes all the time,
There are many activities for the patients,
Staff available 24/7
Pros
Good people to work with you
Cons
emotionall stressful
Overall, good experience
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNMarch 18, 2014
Family atmosphere, challenging, benefits and compensation are compareable to other Healthcare groups of similar size
foundation of love
Director of Recovery Monitoring Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville TNJuly 6, 2013
This program came together from a man who wanted good treamtent available to anyone wanting help from alcoholism/addiction. In the first years of the program it was the most ideal place to work as everyone worked as a team toward the same goal to ensure every patient had the best possible chance for long term sobriety. The difference with this program from others was the love the employees put into their jobs, for the clients and for each other. The downside was that as it grew more sucessful, it became more corporated and as with most, people get into business to make money.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
benefits declined
Great work environment
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville TNJune 11, 2013
I love working at Cornerstone! It is definitely a job you have to have patience with though. It gets hectic sometimes.
Cons
Hours
Excellent work environment, very supportive
Research Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 19, 2013
Recruitment, assessment, and discharge of participants at a substance abuse treatment facility, data entry, DNA collection, follow-up calls, emails, and letters, administered the TLFB and various other substance use and intimate partner violence scales
Pros
free meals, supportive work atmosphere, beautiful facility
Cornerstone is a good place to work. I have gained knowledge regarding drug and alcolhol additions I would never I learned had I not been working for
L P N PRN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNSeptember 6, 2012
Access detox patients. Administer medications per dr. Orders. Take off orders. Add prn orders per company policy. Provide nursing care as needed. Provide a safe environment. Progress notes. My co-orders are great. I respect them and enjoy working with them as a team. The hardest part of my job is the drive to and from work. The most enjoyable of my job, my patients.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere. great supervisors.
Cons
healthcare. as a prn i do not work enough hours to qualify for insurance.
too many chiefs not enough indians
LPN (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNApril 22, 2012
They show patients the online nicer area and tour the nicer/newer area then they would get sent down to my area which was the older shabier area and they had paid alot of money and they would complain to me about their lodgings and I could not help them.
Because of short staffing and multiple firings I would be required to work 16 hours with out being asked, but told.
Co-workers... some would work as team players others would not as pass the buck or blame on others.
I learned that you can't save all patients. Their were some over doses after discharge/ There were also some discharges that should have come sooner due to staff safety.
Most enjoyable when you saw some get healthy and realized that their was life beyond drugs and alcohol
Pros
flexible hours being part of the treatment team
Cons
having detox patients by your self, cheek medication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORNERSTONE OF RECOVERY. Our community is ready to answer.

CORNERSTONE OF RECOVERY Reviews by Location