Cornerstone Employee Reviews

Working with students and most parents was very enjoyable.
Director of Performing Arts (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2017
Built a performing arts academy from the ground up. We went from 0 students to over 160 students within five years. Created a touring show choir, full dance studio, enrichment classes both group and private for, piano, voice, dance, choreography, drama, guitar, drums, triple threat. Went from no stage presence to Disney and Broadway caliber production capability. I also taught over a 5 + year period 23 to 32 classes per week. I enjoyed working with the students and most parents. I also enjoyed building a thriving program.
Pros
Watching the parents joy at seeing their children perform at a very high level
Cons
70 to 80 + hour work weeks year in and year out.
Management level let me help you succeed
QA and Warehouse Mgr (Former Employee) –  UTOctober 22, 2016
I started as a QA for a line of vitamins that morphed into me running the entire warehouse in the BDO for the time that the warehouse was open. The down side was, when the Olympics were over, the supplemental line, that had to be isolated, my warehouse and line(s), was phased out. No job left for me or my crew of workers. Great experience though.
Pros
Job opportunity to show what I could do
Cons
Short term
outstanding company
ABA THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 9, 2016
Not only is a great cause to treat those on the spectrum what better company to do it than Cornerstone. It started with one building and is expanding because of the caring aspect and great people to work for. Cornerstone truly cares for their children and want to do everything in their power to make a change. The training is extensive as well and the support you get on a daily basis is unlike any company I have ever worked for.
Alot of benefits
Overnight direct care supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILSeptember 25, 2016
This job can be a high stress job, but also awarding. Teaching someone to be able to care for themselves, and watching them grow can give you a sense of pride. But the good comes with the bad when you watch them when they are sick or hurting. Age and illness can be an ongoing struggle.
Pros
Aflca (4 different types of coverage), vision and dental, 401k, deerfield life insurance, blue cross blue shield ppo, vacation and sick time, bonuses
If you would like to deal with negativity everyday....go for it!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLOctober 13, 2016
This company owns a lot of "income-based" properties. The limitations are set on a lower income level. That speaks on it's own about the kind of people that live in these communities, hense, why I am no longer an employee. The residents are not the easiest to handle.
Pros
Bonuses from renewed leases and leased apartments
Cons
Residents
Good mix of artistry and tradecraft
Stone Mason/Stone Carver (Former Employee) –  Oregon House, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Cornerstone is a small business that offers clients custom-carved natural stone architectural and decorative elements. Woking at Cornerstone presented a unique opportunity to learn to traditional stone-carving.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits
Fun work environment
Wait staff (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 17, 2016
I love working and being around the residents that live at Cornerstone. They are really who makes the job fun. You learn a lotfrom them. They are wonderful peiple who truly care about you as a person.
Pros
Eat free
Cons
Always standing on your feet
Sorry they closed
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NHFebruary 2, 2017
Good place to work.
Management was helpful but not readily available.
Pay was low for field
Closing was ugly and happened quickly
Pros
staff was great to work with
Cons
closing was done fast with no regard for clients
High tension, very withdrawn and timid staff. Culture is in desperate need for encouragement. Immediate cash infusion is primary to sustain existence.
EVP (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2016
Not in a healthy financial state at the present time. The impact of servicing the short debt has placed a incredible strain on the ability for staff to remain focused in the execution of work, it is very apparent by the diminished ranks that much more work has been placed on the field PM's as evidenced by the pattern of scheduled work completing late. Fundamental goal setting is under constant scrutiny without regard to progress or stated commitments. There is a weekly review of targets that are routinely missed due to misaligned tasks to staff not able to accommodate the added work.
Pros
Friday at 12:00 is end of each week, equates to 4.5 work day week.
Cons
Closed culture, knowledge resides with very few.
Supervising Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I love this place they are great people very professional and ethical. Everyone works hard to help each other and the clients . I reccomend them to anyone looking for work in this field
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 14, 2016
This company was a great company to work for loved everything about it. it was a fast paced enviornment. I fixed and repaired the machine everyday.
Pros
Loved everthing about this company
Cons
Non english speaking
Fun place to work
Childcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 28, 2016
Staff are very helpful and supportive. Management works with you to balance work. The most enjoyable part of my job with Cornerstone is helping families and providing a safe space for them to be.
Hated working at Cornerstone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 3, 2016
I did not enjoy working at Cornerstone, I'm a grown woman and I don't need to be babysat. The best part of the job is when I walked out the door. It was like being in a prison camp.
Pros
health care
Cons
call center atmosphere
A time of transition
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2016
A time of transition for company with changes in management and resource allocation. The staff was hardworking despite challenging issues. During that time, the initial compensation was competitive.
Productive and fun!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Cornerstone, very supportive Management and owners! I learned time management and organisational structure!
Good old boy mentatlity
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 12, 2016
Overall company is good. Management is horrible.
Very cut throat company.
Latin based.
The hardest part was the inconsistency. Manager lied to protect herself.
Fun Work Place
CST (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXNovember 20, 2016
came to work counted the safe and open my draw
helped out to keep the store clean
helped out checking out customers
co-worker helped me out when i needed it
Nice Work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 14, 2016
They don't get back to you in a timely matter when it comes to your time being up, and looking at other job options. When hired on to a temp job, you get thrown into something.
Rewarding
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 28, 2016
I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their personal life goals this work fills everything on my checklist. The smiles are reward enough when they realize they can still be independent.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Working at Cornerstone was a great learning experience for me.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 15, 2016
I liked how there is a equal opportunity of employment. I also liked how the company encourages the employees to speak up on matters concerning the job, and any issues there may be, DAILY.
Pros
When asked to work overtime they provided a free meal each time.
Cons
Not a guarantee position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone. Our community is ready to answer.