Corning Credit Union Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Teller II (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 8, 2018
Corning Credit Union has a great foundation. They strive for excellent customer service and have a fair work/life balance. Because they are growing steadily they are having some major growing pains. Management is changing rapidly and experience and authority doesn't convey. Many seasoned employees are more qualified to supervise the branch than some of the branch supervisors. This makes a typical day challenging.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
management
Very professional atmosphere yet friendly and inviting.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 14, 2017
Really enjoyed working for the credit. Management staff was very professional and my co-workers were very friendly. My duties included tax preparation and bookkeeping for several small businesses. My bookkeeping duties included everything from paying invoices to handling all payroll needs. The hardest part of the job was ascertaining information from clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the different kinds of small businesses.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Saturday hours.
Decent place to work
Member Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  wilmington ncMay 28, 2017
Loved my co-workers they made working for Corning Credit Union fun everyday.
As well as the Members you get to know some on a more personal level and they become like famliy
over all a very positve working enviorment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin County, PA BranchesMarch 17, 2017
We want to make our work days fun so we are always thinking of different activities for the team. We also like to so our community that we care and sponsor several different events thru out the year. Since I have been working there I have learn several different aspects of the banking system, The best part of working here is it is like family and we love to help our members in anyway we can. And no matter what questions you may have there is always someone there to answer you. Our culture is to put our members first and to provide the best quality of service we can and to make them feel valued as an individual. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped a member the best that I can. Over all working here is a great experience with no down size. Since I have been working here I have some great friends that I hope will last a life time.
Pros
It is a very friendly envorirment and they value there teamates
Cons
rotating from branch to branch
Great Management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Easily my favorite place to work. The staff was always there to help you regardless of there position. I would recommend working there to anyone. Great place
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Break
Culture drives all...
SUPERVISOR OF PA BRANCHES (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 1, 2016
This company is significantly grounded in its culture. Culture drives all decisions and makes this a wonderful place to work and 'bank.'
Family Oriented Company
Head Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 15, 2015
Room for advancement is limitless as long as you are willing to put in the time and effort. A graet company for all people to start.
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative Officer (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMarch 6, 2013
I was working part time and than fulltime. Great co-workers and managment.
Pros
lots of free gifts, celebrations
Cons
nothing.
Member Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 10, 2012
Corning Credit Union is a good place to work, and a place to learn everyday
Very busy atmosphere but extremely fun
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 28, 2012
Really great place to work. There is always some task to accomplish but a great group of individuals to work with.
Pros
fun, great.
Cons
short breaks sometimes, standing all day.