Corning

Corning Employer Reviews

Nice enviroment
Manufacturing Technical Lead (Former Employee), Keller, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Management disorganized and over rated projected group was hired for, resulting in released of contract employees and down size operation from 4 shifts to one.
A great company
DSL Design and System Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Co-workers were friendly and diverse group of engineers with years of design experience.
Calibrate, troubleshoot
Forklift/Machine Operator/Optical Fiber Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: workers very insightful and helpful
Cons: getting to test
Overall great company to work with. Like the involvement of co-workers to ensure daily percentage were met. Accrue 95% or greater for fiber optics. Hard part consist of learning new attributes to the machines which were a challenge but manageable. Enjoyed learning, learning from mistakes to make and have the best product.
Corning is a great place to work. I enjoyed my employment.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Corning, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: there were lots of perks. i always felt respected and the work i did was valued
There was always plenty to do at a typical day at work. There were opportunities for growth. I enjoyed the people I worked with and for.
Innovative company that allows for employees to grow.
Process Development Contamination Control Engineer (Former Employee), Harrodsburg, KYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: focuses on core values, salary, and benefits and above all instills innovation
Cons: extended travel can be trying at times and difficulty in hiring former employees
I worked for Corning MTE and Corning Harrodsburg in a process development and contamination control engineering role. I always felt my ideas and creativity to the company was valued.The management was excellent that I worked with and I enjoyed the ability to work on projects all over the world. To the day I left due to family illness I have regretted – more... leaving the company. I recommend Corning to anyone looking for a rewarding career. – less
A great challenging and rewarding place to work
SALES ENGINEER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to grow and earn. travel
Cons: car allowance was a little substandard
Through direct sales identified, pursued and maximized opportunities in the greater Chicago area related to the fiber optic and structured cable business in enterprise network market. I was also responsible for training contractors, consultants and large end users the technical aspects of fiber optic cable, data center components and test equipment.

I – more... learned to never assume the completion would stop trying to win business away from you. Fortunately, I had coworkers in the engineering services department that assisted me in providing solutions to my customer base that, in most cases, out performed my completion, kept my customers loyal and helped me win new customers. In addition, using my expertise and engineering resources efficiently help me win business.

Hardest part of the job was managing all the great technologies. Plus, I also had the state of Indiana and southern Illinois as my territory.

The most enjoyable part of the job was growing the business, traveling and maintaining relationships with existing customers meeting new ones. I also enjoyed solving problems for customers and being part of a world class leader in fiber optic products. – less
Great benefits
employee (Former Employee), Midland, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with/good benefits
Cons: layoffs
Had great co-workers. A good Manager for the most part. I learned alot while I was there.
No thank you
Customer Service/Marketing/ Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Corning, NYAugust 16, 2014
As someone who has worked in the corporate recruiting world and married to a corporate recruiter of Fortune 500 companies, this is not very professional. I am seeking new employment, not looking to fondly reminisce about past employers.
Good benefits, good co-workers
Group 1 Operator (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, free coffee and popcorn
Cons: being mandated on your days off
You may work 8-12 hour shifts depending on the demands for our products. I learned how to handle various machines and general operations of the machines, packaging products, inspecting products. Enjoyed working with my co-workers worked very well as a team member. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you were working an 8 or 12 hour shift. – more... Being mandated to work regardless of what you had planned for your days off and missing time with your family and friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I built with my co-workers. – less
Worst company ever worked for
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee), Corning, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: lots of glitz and glamour
Cons: very little substance
It may be a good company for dual candidates, diversity candidates but definitely not for mid-career hires. Found it to be not doing what they preach on a daily basis. Poor management, utter lack of communication and extremely click-y company. One has to know people inside to be able to weather storms that comes once every three years-head count reductions. – more... Very little chance to prove ones intellectual abilities as folks are moving project to project all the time. Due to lack of any in-depth subject matter expertise often it is difficult to get the next job if one is booted out of Corning. – less
Safety oriented job in a cooperation with good pay
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Concord, NCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses
I was fortunate enough to be brought in to start a whole new operation at Corning and work 7-330 M-F. I become CPR certified here and completed safety classes and medical classes. Management is really good at communication with employees and making sure you have what you need. The hardest part of the job was at times training others to be safe but still – more... be able to do their job effectively. – less
A class act company
Finishing Production Operator (Former Employee), Erwin,nyJuly 7, 2014
Pros: cares about there workforce
Cons: 7 day swing shift
A company that cares and is always striving to improve there process, eco friendly and emphasis safety.
kept you on your toes
Fiber Optic Technician (Former Employee), Corning, NYJune 14, 2014
Training people one minuate, sitting in on disciplinary meetings, then filling in for the supervisor when they were out.
Horrible place to work!
Nursing Administration (Former Employee), Corning, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: staff nurses were great
Cons: horrible management team do not care about employee's
Do not recommend going there! New DON is not for the employee's! She is mean and miserable. Does not listen and will fire you for no reason! I was in management while I was there the co-workers loved me, as I would help out. The DON on the other hand did not and refused to!
Excellent company with many opportunities
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee), Corning, NYMay 27, 2014
Great experience and moved up quickly in Infrastructure Services and Project Management.
A very good place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee), wilmington, ncMay 27, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to work in cutting edge techologies.
A technically challenging and rewarding place to work. It provided a lot of opportunity for technical growth.
Private Networks Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago ILApril 22, 2014
Consultative sales engineer with a highly technical background in the telecommunication field. Worked as a consultant, contractor, facilitator, and salesman for fortune 500 companies.
fun place to work
Sr. Biztalk Developer (Current Employee), Corning, NYApril 16, 2014
it was good place to work where sometimes the work come as a challenge, which was more exiciting and challenging to finish in short duration. all co-workers and managers were co-operative and worked as a team.
Great overall place to work
Process Assistant - Sullivan Park (Former Employee), Corning, NYApril 15, 2014
Can't beat the compensation and benefits from this company.
Good working environment, great people
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Corning, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: positive, rewarding environment
Cons: long-term employees lack perks (higher pay) of new ones coming in as markets swing up and down
high expectations and aggressive environment
chances for advancement for hard, smart workers
co-workers were great, fun people
red-tape of a large organization
enjoyed the technology and innovation at this company

1 2 3 4 5

About Corning

Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science – Read more