Corning

Corning Employer Reviews

Credit Card Company.
Adecco, Full Time (Former Employee), Indiana, PAJanuary 25, 2015
If you dont mind being on the phone all day this is the job for you!
Productive and Quality time spend at work.
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Union City, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: limited vacation hours
- 8 hors of work and managing customer complaints, NCR, various audits and internal customers at work.
- There are various things to learn everyday, working with the QC and document control daily.
- Management are great to work with and always available when need help.
- Co-workers are an excellent team who are willing to work and go out of their way on daily basis.
- The hardest part working on this job is not able to help the customers with their product complaints if not able to replicate the issue at our end.
- The most enjoyable part of this job is able to work internally and externally, able to travel and visit the customers.
Excellent company
Scheduler (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 21, 2015
I greatly enjoyed and appreciated my time with Corning. If I hadn't relocated to a new area - I would still be there. They are an excellent company to work for. They have a great focus on Safety and Quality and are committed to their customers and their employees.
Director of Activities
Director of Activities (Former Employee), Corning, NYJanuary 8, 2015
My job as a Director of Activities was to create and implement activity programs that corresponded with the plan of care for the residents. This job involved the personalizing the plan of care for each resident and then implementing the plans for all the residents into an activity calendar for the facility. There were many details that would need to be ironed out in order to provide the activities to the resident including budgets, staff, and regulations. I learned a great deal about management and the skills that are needed in order to properly manage a facility and a department in a nursing home. My coworkers were fun and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job was balancing my staffs limited number of hours of work with the different activity programs that the company would like to have seen implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the enjoyment of the residents during programs.
flexable with times, 15 mins away
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee), Bedford, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: 15 mins from my house
Cons: promise to be full time but still a temp
Everymorning i would come in and head to the production room and check the dirty bins to see if there are any dirty labwares that need to be brought back to the sterile room. if so i would transfer the labware to the sterile room to wash and sterilize for next day use.I work with autoclave, and depryo machines to insure all products is steriles properly and following SOP. every week i would go do ems everymorning to test out room to insure that when products is being produced that the rooms will not contaminates product process or millions of dollar will be wasted.
I learned alot especially learning how products is transfered to vials, crimping the products,and also Learning how EM works to insure that everything products is good for consumers purchase.
The hardest part of the job is to insure that everything that comes out of the sterile room is steriles and meet the production team expections.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs is that i come to work and get my work done, also get along with everyone in my work place to have a postive atmosphere.
Amazing place, great management, excellent treatment
Production (Current Employee), Chiristiansburg, VaDecember 25, 2014
Pros: 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, 30 minute lunch, allowed to listen to music on floor
Coming in to corning with it being a corporation i was very sure it was going to be tough work but, working night shift is amazing. The people, management, and everyone in between are really easy-going and very friendly. I cant say their is a hard part of this job, and every day i come in i enjoy it.
Fast Pace Stressful Work place
Process Technician (Former Employee), Corning, NYDecember 5, 2014
As a Union worker you are almost always looked down on by company people. It was great learning different processes and information. Usually very redundant work. Testing and measuring glass on machines for most of the day. Everyone (scientists & managers) think that their work is earth shattering and needs to be done right that second regardless of the work you were doing at that time. Too many bosses, managers, etc. Always took direction from MANY people and someone was saying something different from the other. Overall, union employees are just simply not treated well by the company regardless what they tell you. Great pay, but terrible vacation time for union workers.
A good place to work
safety team member (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 28, 2014
I would recommend this job to other people. A fun place to work.
Not a Team Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Fairport, NYNovember 24, 2014
Not an environment conducive to team work. Strong disconnect between the administrators and the production staff.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Painted Post, NYNovember 12, 2014
I worked in the CET group between the Erwin and Diesel Plants. Every individual I encountered and had the opportunity to work with were some of the best people I could've asked to work with.
Friendly atmosphere
Production operator (Former Employee), Canton, NYNovember 11, 2014
• Tended production machines to cut, grind, and polish glass products according to specifications and machine operating instructions.
• Read work orders to determine product specifications.
• Loaded product onto machine holding and feeding devices.
• Monitored machine operation to detect malfunctions.
• Trained and managed new workers and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
• Visually inspected parts for defects, such as cracks and chips.
• Removed finished product from machine after completion of cycle.
• Replaced worn cutters and grinding and polishing wheels, using hand tools.
• Manually ground, buffed and polished glass surfaces.
• Cleaned machine and work area.
Amazing Supervisors and Coworkers
Production and Maitenence (Former Employee), Town of Erwin, NYNovember 9, 2014
This place is AMAZING! You walk in and out with a smile on your face and a feeling of accomplishment!
Awesome place to work
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Corning, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: very educational on the production of different products manufactured by corning
Cons: sometimes bad weather played a part in the commute to and from work
Very informative, detail oriented and by the book organization. Co-workers worked as a team and learned best practices from each other. The challenging part of the job was meeting the deadline driven expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end result in getting the job done with customer satisfaction.
Temp Assignment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 24, 2014
I was only there for a month assisting with budget season as an accounting clerk. While there, though, the management team was nice and so were my co-workers. Everyone knew my name even co-workers I haven't been introduced to. I enjoyed it and would definitely go back if they had an opening.
Great company to work for
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Corning, NYOctober 9, 2014
Good people to work with there. Great middle leadership

they were always willing to train or teach you something new if you showed the interest
Respectable and respectful company
Controls Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Addison, NYOctober 2, 2014
Corning is a successful and well respected company. As many employers will agree, Corning treats their employees as their own.
Process techinican
Process Technician (Former Employee), Corning, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology which stood the test of time
Cons: through a temp agency with no possibility of permanent hire.
We were techincians who helped to develop the fiber optic technology which is still in use today. Fiber optic couplers which were packaged and submerged underground and under water for the technology boom of today.
Good Paying job.
Maintenance Mechanical (Current Employee), Corning, NYSeptember 15, 2014
I have what they call Relief shift hours. The most i am on one shift is 4 days. I am what they call a Hit Guy here at the plant which consist of team leaders calling for a hit mechanic and i go out and fix the issue. It is the instant gradification that i like so well. Hardest part of the job is shift.
Nice enviroment
Manufacturing Technical Lead (Former Employee), Keller, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Management disorganized and over rated projected group was hired for, resulting in released of contract employees and down size operation from 4 shifts to one.
A great company
DSL Design and System Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Co-workers were friendly and diverse group of engineers with years of design experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corning

Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science – Read more