Corning Employee Reviews in United States

my company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 19, 2016
My typical day at work is database shutdown at work i learned how to balance work and management skills and very helpfull to co-workers i enjoy every minute in work.
Production facility.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 19, 2016
I worked for a temp company and the company treated us fairly and valued the job we did. Advancement seemed easy. Very laid back environment but hard working culture.
Decent place to work
Manufacturing Excellence Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 11, 2016
Overall, good place to work. Most of the time the work is not super hard. Great benefits. 24/7 operation with swing shifts. Swing shifts can be hard to adjust to. Get 7 straight days off a month if you don't have to work overtime.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay, swing shifts
Cons
High overtime rate, swing shifts
Production daily
Automated Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJuly 22, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7am and ends at 3pm, you gown and find your shifted schedule daily it depends on your grade level if your grade for the department is higher you run machines that are faster. The hardest part about the job is most of the machines are not ergonomically correct and the machines are very old and a lot of the production during the shift is hand loading you could load two seperate machines with each machine running about 80,000+ parts per shift.
Pros
Kaizen program earn gift cards
Cons
Short Breaks and grade level of pay
Good Company
Voice Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day consists of troubleshooting problems.
Ive learned much of the years from server management to IPT engineering.
Great co-workers
Stress level can be very high at times.
Fun work place
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work involves inspecting product that will be sent to the customer to make sure all spec requirements are met from the production process. I have learned a lot of about multiple production processes along with safety regulations. The quality dept. has a great crew of people that I work with.
lot to learn
Project Manager Information Security (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 24, 2016
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed
Pros
Good work life balance in a small town
Cons
Located in a small town in the middle of nowhere
Moneys good, but no work to life balance
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 12, 2016
Good money, no life, and every four years there is a typical lay off. You can make some really good money, entry level here, and room too grow if you know the right people.
Pros
Good Pay, Okay Insurance, Goldsharing
Cons
7 day swing shift, long hours, terrible union
Intern with Corning
Global Supply Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 7, 2016
It was a great and fulfilling experience especially compared to how my peers describe their internship experiences. I really enjoyed the company as a whole, from its values to its employees to the fellow interns that were chosen. It was great. Only issue is I was lied to and misinformed by HR and wasn't communicated with upon leaving as promised which has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Otherwise. great company.
Pros
Open door culture, Took care of employees, CEO was directly attainable
Cons
HR didnt stay true to word
Good Place to work
Recearch Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 6, 2016
found it to be a good place to wor where I learned a lot about the process and tools required. I also learned quite a lot on interpersonal relationships
Challenging and varied EHS risks and programs
Senior EHS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 5, 2016
Great company to work for in that there is a wide variety of technologies, and a company culture of innovation. there is never a lack of things to do, and the work is interesting. The company fosters a very civil workplace, and encourages working in teams.
Pros
Forefront of technology, focused on improvement
Cons
Company has ups and downs with economy
assemble/fix laboratory equipment like centrefuge
Assembly/Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 22, 2016
Fun, challenging and the supervisor is very professional. I have learned a lot assembling and fixing electrical issues. but is not a team work environment with some people
Pros
clean enviroment
Cons
cursing allowed
Massively fascinating company with a small town vibe.
Corporate Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 19, 2016
Amazing things happening here in this world wide company, all based in a small town in upstate NY. Pros and cons to the small company way of doing business but it's evolving and changing constantly.
All in all a really good experience.
machine operator/helper (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 1, 2016
As an operator I did splices on armor, water block tape, and ripcords as needed while my line was running. If so needed i did change overs to switch cable sizes or from armor cable to dialect cable. I learned what the differences between all different fiber optic cables are. Management wasn't what it should have been, hardly any communication at all. My co-workers were awesome, excellent communication. If there was a knot or the print was wrong the helper had to immediately tell me so i could slow the line down and check the cable. The hardest part of the job for me was when i had to run 1728 fiber cable, Its the biggest and most expensive they make. I loved the job and my co-workers. I loved being in control of the production process of making fiber optic cable.
Pros
Every six months they gave us a free dinner if we filled out a safety observation each month.
Cons
As an operator i had to take breaks whenever the line would let me, in between splices. Really the lack of communication from management really hurt the experience.
Good people to work with
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 19, 2016
Many opportunities to work there in a diverse company. Pay for the average worker was well above average pay. Good benefits but mostly 24/7 operations for the working class which meant swing shifts and 7 day schedules.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible work schedules
General Accounting (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 19, 2016
Enjoy working for Corning Inc. The hardest part of the job is there is no movement. Enjoyable part of the job is establishing relationships with your customers, this is satisfying, feeling valued and appreciated.
Very Productive and great work environment.
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 18, 2016
I have worked at Corning Incorporated for over a year currently, within the IT Project Management Team as both a Project Manager and a Business Analyst. I was also an intern during the summer of 2014 in the Vendor Management group. I have a Master's Degree on Information Technology Information Systems Management form Marist College. During that time, I became proficient in Web Application and SaaS configuration, which I have used with multiple projects at Corning. In order to succeed as an IT Business Analyst, I have developed positive working relationships with all of the BA partners, the Project Managers, Quality Managers, Solution Architecture personnel, and the Engineers. As a result, I have become very proficient in reducing requirements, delivering successful measurements and managing phases through the project. The co-workers at Corning Incorporated are very accepting and the culture is that everyone that works at Corning is apart fop the family.
Good Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 23, 2016
Overall this is a good company to work for however their production schedule leaves something to be desired at times. Good job security.
Typical Manufacturing Facility
Quality Control Tech II - Quality (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Not much opportunity to advance with out an eduaction higher than an associates degree.
Economy driven
Rotating Shifts

Enjoyable:
Goal Sharing
Health Benifits
Opportunities to be on Non-Job related teams / projects
Pros
Good Pay, Health Insurance, Goal Sharing
Cons
Add to roles and responsibilities without compensating for extra.
Technology company stuck in the 80's
Learning and Leadership Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 14, 2016
Great company with great people. Just a little behind the times. Manufactures leading edge technology in the optical communications sector but the internal culture does not match the forward thinking and development of innovative solutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.