Corning Employee Reviews

Corning
EHS Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYAugust 20, 2017
Excellent place to work, can be difficult to get on full time. You start out as a contractor and then they may or may not hire you. Great place to work though.
Pros
In house Cafe
Cons
Hard to go full time.
enjoyable industry and company
Global Supply Chain Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 14, 2017
enjoyed the day-to-day and the special projects. The management was good. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people. All the people are very kinds and easy to work with
Na
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 1, 2017
Its a great place to work and very good work environment

and clients are very understanding and employee friendly and will definitely recommend others to join
Manufacturing Technician I
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCJuly 25, 2017
Rotating sift work is the hardest thing to adjust to because of the constant change from Day shift to night shift and visa versa. Because of the testing requirement to begin working here you are almost guaranteed that most of the people that are working there actually want to be there. Most of the employees strive to make the plant process better than what it is.
Corning Contract Worker
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 24, 2017
The only negative thing I have to say about Corning is that even though I am under a 365 day contract they could get rid of me at any time. Not because I have done anything wrong but because they are no longer in need of me anymore. This would also come with no notice, as I have known others that this has happened to. One previous worker was headed home for the day and received a phone call on his way home saying- "Please do not come in to work tomorrow, your services are no longer needed". This new came after a promise from the company that he would be made permanent after his 2nd term contract was completed. Other than that the company is great and for the few lucky ones that are permanent full time they have been here for 20+ years and have not one bad thing to say.
Great Community
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJuly 17, 2017
Fantastic place to work no matter what level of experience you have. Hard to get on but once you do most people stay here for years to come. You'll find your place.
Disciplined high performance place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 17, 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Worked hard but management does a good job of making your work effort be appreciated. Good sense of team and I felt everyone wanted to do their part to make the place better.
Overall, the company as a whole is very good to work for.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NY 14831July 16, 2017
Corning Inc. provides good compensation for the amount of work that is put in. However, it does depend on which department that you are working for as to how fast or if you will be able to advance if you are trying to further your career.
Empresa internacional com oportuniadades de carreira
EMEA Pricing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CORNING, BostonJuly 14, 2017
Na Corning temos a oportunidade de investir no desenvolvimento pessoal. De ingressar num experiencia internaciona com porspecao de evoluir na carreira. Em tres anos de experiencia ja sou a team lead, trabalho e dedicacao sao reconhecidos.
Pros
Desenvolvimento Pr
Cons
Nao temos vale-refeicao
Customer Satisfaction
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 12, 2017
Corning is continuously coming up with new products while working to improve existing products. We also have many products on the shelf in which time is spent looking for initial or new applications. We work in teams to push technology forward and we work across teams to share learnings. Some days are long and stressful but we share in our triumphs and it makes these days worth while.
Pros
Flexible time allows for us to put time into our projects, allows us to enjoy our families as well
Cons
Not just a Corning thing but in American Industry there is no compensation for loyalty, Not compensated for staying in one place and really mastering a skill, More money is in hopping from one position to another, We are a pick up and go society today
Productive, and fast paced
Training Coordinator Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCJuly 11, 2017
Productive and fast paced, rotating shifts, lots of overtime, family ff
friendly atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for advancement.The shifts are 12 hours that rotate weekly. Shifts can be hard on a persons body and family.
Pros
Free lunchas, rewards
Cons
Short breaks
Really a great place to work
Engineering Contractor (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJuly 5, 2017
Having worked with Corning quite a lot I may not have a lot of things to compare to, but Corning has never really given me a reason to stray away. The culture meshed well with my personality, and the management that I was in contact with had a style that was very agreeable to me (close enough to keep tabs on my progress and issue corrections as needed but with enough autonomy to learn and accomplish tasks on my own).
Pros
clean and well mantained facilitys with great people
Great place to build a career
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 16, 2017
Solid business sense and direction. Excellent at innovation and new product introductions. Invested in and developed the workforce. Values were practiced.
Pros
Benefits and Professionalism
Cons
Plant Closings
SQL Developer/DBA (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 7, 2017
Good company and good culture place to work and learn more new technologies with improving skills and encouraging people around to learn more. This company has a good culture.
Great
Maitenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCJune 6, 2017
Gggggggdc I have to go to work for me to a shop for a while to work for my family I'm having a outstanding I love the customer base and can be boring at it was
Good
Bad
I loved working at Corning
Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 4, 2017
The people at Corning were fun to work with a friendly working environment! I loved going to work for them! I learned a lot from co-workers with Solidworks.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
able to take time off when needed too
I loved working at Corning!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 3, 2017
I was an intern at Sullivan Park for a few months while in school at Corning Community College. It was a wonderful team atmosphere! Everyone was very helpful and friendly and I learned so much while I worked there.
good managers ,nice pla
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, NC 28107June 1, 2017
This is good place to work and the benefits are good as well. the managers are well trained and show concern for there employees. The only thing is the 12 hr rotating shifts they can become tiring.
Pros
good culture
Cons
shift work
Corning Inc
Fiber Optic Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 22, 2017
Corning was a great company, great benefits, I truly have nothing bad to say about them. Wish I could have transferred, but that's unallowed. Would return back, if opportunity came up.
Corning Incorporated
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 21, 2017
Corning was a great place to work. I was challenged and loved what I did. It was time for me to move on since I was starting a family. I stayed home til my youngest started school.
Pros
Great place to work all around.
Cons
My job was eliminated while I was on maternity leave due to being a branch location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval