Corning Employee Reviews

Great people and great work environment
Snelling Temp Company (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 20, 2017
This is actually a great place to work. However because of the competitive process, I was able to work under a contractor while at this facility. If you would like to apply to the actual company, you can apply at the companies website. I was also employed by a temporary agency.
Management wasnt aware of what people were doing.
Mechanical Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Management just did what they wanted for themselves. it didnt matter if it was wrong. it was what they wanted.
If you work as a contractor for Corning you are treated like second class.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Management needs to be more open minded
Missing it every day
Thin Films & Surfaces Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 6, 2017
If there was a Corning Incorporated with a research division where I currently live, I would work there in a heartbeat. I learned every day, had a great supervisor, the workplace culture can't be beat, and the management structure was perfect.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
located in a small town
Excellent Place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 6, 2017
Worked here for 15 years regret leaving but left to work closer to home. Would defiantly recommend working here. Long hours but the benefits and environment makes it worth it.
Snr Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Corning is a great place to learn and grow with the company.
The work is challenging, but you have tools and other associates to fall on to troubleshooting and resolve and complex problems as a team
Pros
Reasonable-priced food in a cafeteria setting
Cons
Lots of tools to learn and master
Materials Supervisor R&D Operations (Former Employee) –  Sullivan ParkSeptember 3, 2017
Great work life balance and very good pay. Great leadership and great benefits. Awesome vacation time and sick time. Opportunity for growth and advancement are always available if you wish to move.
Horrible company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 26, 2017
Management is lacking skill set to deal with employees. Also, operations manager is way too young to be in his position. Ribbon manager is a complete uneducated moron.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Tight knit group of excellent people
Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCAugust 23, 2017
Corning is an excellent place to work. The culture and management are some of the best I've ever experienced. You really feel like you are part of a team.
Awesome
Finance - Credit and Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 22, 2017
This is a great company to work for. There isn't much more to say accept if you can find a career with Corning you have just won for your future!!!!!
Temp to hire (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 21, 2017
Corning is a great place to work. very family oriented and understand you have a life outside of work. People are down to earth and relatable. Once hired the benefits are great. insurance is OK. not the best. but better than nothing.
Corning
EHS Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYAugust 20, 2017
Excellent place to work, can be difficult to get on full time. You start out as a contractor and then they may or may not hire you. Great place to work though.
Pros
In house Cafe
Cons
Hard to go full time.
enjoyable industry and company
Global Supply Chain Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 14, 2017
enjoyed the day-to-day and the special projects. The management was good. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people. All the people are very kinds and easy to work with
Na
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 1, 2017
Its a great place to work and very good work environment

and clients are very understanding and employee friendly and will definitely recommend others to join
Manufacturing Technician I
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCJuly 25, 2017
Rotating sift work is the hardest thing to adjust to because of the constant change from Day shift to night shift and visa versa. Because of the testing requirement to begin working here you are almost guaranteed that most of the people that are working there actually want to be there. Most of the employees strive to make the plant process better than what it is.
Corning Contract Worker
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 24, 2017
The only negative thing I have to say about Corning is that even though I am under a 365 day contract they could get rid of me at any time. Not because I have done anything wrong but because they are no longer in need of me anymore. This would also come with no notice, as I have known others that this has happened to. One previous worker was headed home for the day and received a phone call on his way home saying- "Please do not come in to work tomorrow, your services are no longer needed". This new came after a promise from the company that he would be made permanent after his 2nd term contract was completed. Other than that the company is great and for the few lucky ones that are permanent full time they have been here for 20+ years and have not one bad thing to say.
Great Community
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJuly 17, 2017
Fantastic place to work no matter what level of experience you have. Hard to get on but once you do most people stay here for years to come. You'll find your place.
Disciplined high performance place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 17, 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Worked hard but management does a good job of making your work effort be appreciated. Good sense of team and I felt everyone wanted to do their part to make the place better.
Overall, the company as a whole is very good to work for.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NY 14831July 16, 2017
Corning Inc. provides good compensation for the amount of work that is put in. However, it does depend on which department that you are working for as to how fast or if you will be able to advance if you are trying to further your career.
Empresa internacional com oportuniadades de carreira
EMEA Pricing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CORNING, BostonJuly 14, 2017
Na Corning temos a oportunidade de investir no desenvolvimento pessoal. De ingressar num experiencia internaciona com porspecao de evoluir na carreira. Em tres anos de experiencia ja sou a team lead, trabalho e dedicacao sao reconhecidos.
Pros
Desenvolvimento Pr
Cons
Nao temos vale-refeicao
Customer Satisfaction
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 12, 2017
Corning is continuously coming up with new products while working to improve existing products. We also have many products on the shelf in which time is spent looking for initial or new applications. We work in teams to push technology forward and we work across teams to share learnings. Some days are long and stressful but we share in our triumphs and it makes these days worth while.
Pros
Flexible time allows for us to put time into our projects, allows us to enjoy our families as well
Cons
Not just a Corning thing but in American Industry there is no compensation for loyalty, Not compensated for staying in one place and really mastering a skill, More money is in hopping from one position to another, We are a pick up and go society today

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval