Corning

Corning Employer Reviews

Fast Pace Stressful Work place
Process Technician (Former Employee), Corning, NYDecember 5, 2014
As a Union worker you are almost always looked down on by company people. It was great learning different processes and information. Usually very redundant work. Testing and measuring glass on machines for most of the day. Everyone (scientists & managers) think that their work is earth shattering and needs to be done right that second regardless of – more... the work you were doing at that time. Too many bosses, managers, etc. Always took direction from MANY people and someone was saying something different from the other. Overall, union employees are just simply not treated well by the company regardless what they tell you. Great pay, but terrible vacation time for union workers. – less
A good place to work
safety team member (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 28, 2014
I would recommend this job to other people. A fun place to work.
Not a Team Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Fairport, NYNovember 24, 2014
Not an environment conducive to team work. Strong disconnect between the administrators and the production staff.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Painted Post, NYNovember 12, 2014
I worked in the CET group between the Erwin and Diesel Plants. Every individual I encountered and had the opportunity to work with were some of the best people I could've asked to work with.
Friendly atmosphere
Production operator (Former Employee), Canton, NYNovember 11, 2014
• Tended production machines to cut, grind, and polish glass products according to specifications and machine operating instructions.
• Read work orders to determine product specifications.
• Loaded product onto machine holding and feeding devices.
• Monitored machine operation to detect malfunctions.
• Trained and managed new workers and achieved significant – more... improvements in their productivity.
• Visually inspected parts for defects, such as cracks and chips.
• Removed finished product from machine after completion of cycle.
• Replaced worn cutters and grinding and polishing wheels, using hand tools.
• Manually ground, buffed and polished glass surfaces.
• Cleaned machine and work area. – less
Amazing Supervisors and Coworkers
Production and Maitenence (Former Employee), Town of Erwin, NYNovember 9, 2014
This place is AMAZING! You walk in and out with a smile on your face and a feeling of accomplishment!
Awesome place to work
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Corning, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: very educational on the production of different products manufactured by corning
Cons: sometimes bad weather played a part in the commute to and from work
Very informative, detail oriented and by the book organization. Co-workers worked as a team and learned best practices from each other. The challenging part of the job was meeting the deadline driven expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end result in getting the job done with customer satisfaction.
Temp Assignment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 24, 2014
I was only there for a month assisting with budget season as an accounting clerk. While there, though, the management team was nice and so were my co-workers. Everyone knew my name even co-workers I haven't been introduced to. I enjoyed it and would definitely go back if they had an opening.
Great company to work for
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Corning, NYOctober 9, 2014
Good people to work with there. Great middle leadership

they were always willing to train or teach you something new if you showed the interest
Respectable and respectful company
Controls Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Addison, NYOctober 2, 2014
Corning is a successful and well respected company. As many employers will agree, Corning treats their employees as their own.
Process techinican
Process Technician (Former Employee), Corning, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology which stood the test of time
Cons: through a temp agency with no possibility of permanent hire.
We were techincians who helped to develop the fiber optic technology which is still in use today. Fiber optic couplers which were packaged and submerged underground and under water for the technology boom of today.
Good Paying job.
Maintenance Mechanical (Current Employee), Corning, NYSeptember 15, 2014
I have what they call Relief shift hours. The most i am on one shift is 4 days. I am what they call a Hit Guy here at the plant which consist of team leaders calling for a hit mechanic and i go out and fix the issue. It is the instant gradification that i like so well. Hardest part of the job is shift.
Nice enviroment
Manufacturing Technical Lead (Former Employee), Keller, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Management disorganized and over rated projected group was hired for, resulting in released of contract employees and down size operation from 4 shifts to one.
A great company
DSL Design and System Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Co-workers were friendly and diverse group of engineers with years of design experience.
Calibrate, troubleshoot
Forklift/Machine Operator/Optical Fiber Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: workers very insightful and helpful
Cons: getting to test
Overall great company to work with. Like the involvement of co-workers to ensure daily percentage were met. Accrue 95% or greater for fiber optics. Hard part consist of learning new attributes to the machines which were a challenge but manageable. Enjoyed learning, learning from mistakes to make and have the best product.
Corning is a great place to work. I enjoyed my employment.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Corning, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: there were lots of perks. i always felt respected and the work i did was valued
There was always plenty to do at a typical day at work. There were opportunities for growth. I enjoyed the people I worked with and for.
Innovative company that allows for employees to grow.
Process Development Contamination Control Engineer (Former Employee), Harrodsburg, KYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: focuses on core values, salary, and benefits and above all instills innovation
Cons: extended travel can be trying at times and difficulty in hiring former employees
I worked for Corning MTE and Corning Harrodsburg in a process development and contamination control engineering role. I always felt my ideas and creativity to the company was valued.The management was excellent that I worked with and I enjoyed the ability to work on projects all over the world. To the day I left due to family illness I have regretted – more... leaving the company. I recommend Corning to anyone looking for a rewarding career. – less
A great challenging and rewarding place to work
SALES ENGINEER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to grow and earn. travel
Cons: car allowance was a little substandard
Through direct sales identified, pursued and maximized opportunities in the greater Chicago area related to the fiber optic and structured cable business in enterprise network market. I was also responsible for training contractors, consultants and large end users the technical aspects of fiber optic cable, data center components and test equipment.

I – more... learned to never assume the completion would stop trying to win business away from you. Fortunately, I had coworkers in the engineering services department that assisted me in providing solutions to my customer base that, in most cases, out performed my completion, kept my customers loyal and helped me win new customers. In addition, using my expertise and engineering resources efficiently help me win business.

Hardest part of the job was managing all the great technologies. Plus, I also had the state of Indiana and southern Illinois as my territory.

The most enjoyable part of the job was growing the business, traveling and maintaining relationships with existing customers meeting new ones. I also enjoyed solving problems for customers and being part of a world class leader in fiber optic products. – less
Great benefits
employee (Former Employee), Midland, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with/good benefits
Cons: layoffs
Had great co-workers. A good Manager for the most part. I learned alot while I was there.
No thank you
Customer Service/Marketing/ Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Corning, NYAugust 16, 2014
As someone who has worked in the corporate recruiting world and married to a corporate recruiter of Fortune 500 companies, this is not very professional. I am seeking new employment, not looking to fondly reminisce about past employers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corning

Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science – Read more