Corning

Corning Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Development Engineer I (Current Employee), Corning NYJuly 27, 2015
Company with family values, opportunity for personal growth, technically challenging, very nice facilities, new labs and office spaces.
Productive, fast paced environment
Millwright/Mechanic (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 13, 2015
Very strict policies pertaining to safety to be met with constant supervision by safety and in house foremans on each floor that work duties were being performed. Almost overcrowded by other workers in tight spaces on each floor and sharing of equipment as in scizzor and boom lifts between contractors and other employees.
Good experience
Systems Engineer/Software Developer - Contract (Former Employee), Corning, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good location
Cons: No benefits to speak of. Poorly managed.
My first contract job. It was a good learning experience. Made so good friends there. It as during the fiber optics boom so it was very fast paced. Liked working with fiber gain amplifiers.
Amazing company to work for
Intern Controls Department (Former Employee), Canton, NYMay 22, 2015
definitely one of the best work place.
worked with the best supervisor ever....
everyone is extremely friendly and very helpful
highly recommended for work
Fun interesting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Great place to work.
In New York City, very interesting place.
Great employees, everyone made you feel welcomed.
Great management.
Swing shift at its finest
FIBER OPTICS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 7, 2015
the hardest part of this job was not knowing how long I was going to be employed! the most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and supervisors!
Excellent people and great to work with.
Mechanical Designer (Contract) (Former Employee), Kanona, NYMay 7, 2015
Have worked with Corning Inc. since 1979. Excellent people to work with. Projects are always unique and exciting. Some key features about my work is the ability to work at home.
stay away
Fiber Optics Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: everything else.
not a stable job, they layoff a lot, no time for family. Very numbers oriented, even over safety. Pay is good, but you cannot count on it being there for long.
Adaptable work life
Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, OHApril 26, 2015
Pros: Open 24 hour cafeteria at reasonable prices. Planned weekends. Overtime opportunities.
Cons: Very noisy.
Swing shift was a good challenge to overcome in the 23 years experience at Corning. Adapting with the great many others who shared the experiences made my life at Corning a home. Many shared hobbies, sports and relationships was a fascinating dream come true. If I had a chance to experience life at Corning again, I would not change a day.
OK place to work
EQUIPMENT & PROCESS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Corning, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: travel can be intense, trending in the direction of doing more with less with no sign of turning around.
The company has interesting and challenging projects to work on. Process is king in this company so if youre a process engineer its a great environment.

They are a pretty old school company and tend to be "stuck in their ways" regarding how they view their people. You tend to feel like you are part of a machine with this company.
Productive and fun to work
Systems Analyst/Architect (Former Employee), Corning NYApril 10, 2015
Corning has been a pioneer in Optic Fibers and enterprise application integration business. It has bright people and good technologies.
Nice and subtle job
HOUSEKEEPING ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Midland, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, sometimes breakfast. A lot of company celebrations
Cons: Some of the people weren't great to work with, and everyone being so inparticular
A typical day at work consisted of meeting up in our office. We would assign tasks and then proceed to get started with our day. I would mop, vacuum, dust, and strip and wax floors. Dust free was the biggest thing we had to deal with but we got it done every week.
Solid engineering company
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Midland, NCMarch 27, 2015
Solid engineering company with a focused desire to be a market leader within the technology sector. Stresses the importance of fundamental understanding to tough technical problems, allowing them to be one of the most innovative firms in business today.
Global Company
Senior IT Infrastructure Leader (Former Employee), Corning, NYMarch 15, 2015
Nice rural setting. Culture moving in a different direction. Outsourced model. Many long time employees have left the company.
Good Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment.
Cons: constant tool problems.
A good company to work for. Nice people ,good work atmosphere, and caring management. I operated several tools in a sterile work environment. I leaned quite a bit about the extrusion process. It was very enjoyable work.
Terrific Management
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Corning,NYFebruary 23, 2015
Corning is a wonderful company. If I wanted to live in New York for the rest of my life, Corning is a company I would love to work for.
excellent
Cash Application/Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: i dont work there anymore
top notch company - family friendly - wonderful working environment - teams building - people worked together - not against - helpful people in ALL depts. - not based on buddy system - you were praised as an employee - made to feel great about what you contributed to the company.
Great Salary/Benefits but Horrible Work/Life Balance
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: no real breaks away from work
I was working 12 hour straight shifts at night which was great except that I was unable to see my son for 3 days at a time due to having to sleep and go right back into work. I recently switched to the 12 hour day shift position but had to relinquish certain skill sets and 2.70/hr in order to accomplish that being as everything is based on seniority. The job itself can be rather meticulous and repetitive but is also quite enjoyable since you are allowed to socialize with people from many different backgrounds. I would not choose to leave this job if it wasn't for the fact that I do not have stable child care for my son.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2015
CORNING WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH A GREAT COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PLAN. MANAGEMENT AND STAFF WERE GENUINELY FRIENDLY AND CARED ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES
Fiber optics production line
Quality Control Leader (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: healthy environment
Cons: mandatory overtime
I worked a production line in a warehouse. I made fiber optics. I enjoyed everything about the job. I enjoyed my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corning

Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science – Read more

Corning Salaries