Corning Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work
Sheet glass operator (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYDecember 19, 2017
Corning is a great place to work. The pay and benefits are excellent. The work is easy, they treat you and your family very well. Corning will take care of you.
Pros
Cafe, onsite credit union, benefits
Great people
Materials Technician II (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 13, 2017
Wonderful to work with the best and greatest minds in glass research in the country. Great place to grow both professionally and personally while experiencing the many aspects of diversity.
GReat company
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCDecember 11, 2017
This is a great company to work for and I appreciate all the new skills I learned.I have met some great people working there and it being a good company.
Pros
good management
Cons
pay
Engineering Intern
DESIGN ENGINEER (INTERN) (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 7, 2017
I was a sophomore in Mechanical Engineering when I began my internship with Corning. The company culture is one that values every individual's input on a team effort. I would definitely recommend Corning Inc to others.
Fast-paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYDecember 7, 2017
Corning Incorporated is a fast paced place to work. There are lots of hours to pick up if you're looking for overtime and they pay well. If you're looking for a job where you're on your feet and active, this is the job for you.
Amazing
Production Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 19, 2017
Corning cared for their employees more than any company I've ever worked for. It was busy, hard work, but we enjoyed being there. Everyone help everyone else.
Pros
Team building
Cons
They closed plant in fountain valley
Very productive and can be fun to work in
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VANovember 18, 2017
Corning overall isn't a bad place to work for someone just out of high school or just starting off. It isn't a good place to work for someone who has children and are doing it by themselves.
Great environment
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 16, 2017
Job is a great environment just i feel like I’m underpaid and i bring more to the table i know my worth. Not an hard job it’s all about common since and communication
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
You never know when your getting off until you walk in
Good company, bad timing
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 13, 2017
Work is very cyclical, so be wary of temp jobs for security. If you are laid off from a contract due to a bad year, you won't find any other work in the area because the area jobs are all at this company. Corning, NY is a small company town. Expect to run into your manager or co-workers once a month minimum at the grocery store. Beyond this, its a good work atmosphere, if not slightly viscous with the company oriented smiles. Either you can work with company politics or you can't.
Pros
Good balance, benefits, pay.
Cons
Company moral can sometime feel forced or shallow. This is the only industry in the area
Fun experience
Electrical Drafter/CAD Technician II (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCNovember 12, 2017
I'm enjoying what we are doing at Corning Inc. Prefer to have a cubicle office but the guys are fun to work with and are very knowledgeable. I'm expecting a tour of the company next week.
Pros
Work is going well.
Cons
No Redlined drawings
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 9, 2017
I worked for Corning Inc. for almost four years. It was the best paying job with the best benefits I'd ever had and have had so far. The hours with working swing shift was a bit much to handle while still trying to manage your life outside of work, especially with not getting many days off. The pay and benefits made up for that in my opinion. It was easy work once you learned the different positions but it could be more challenging if you decided to step up, as I did with learning how to fix many faults and becoming a line lead. It definitely was not a bad job and the only reason I had to leave was because I moved out of state and there were no openings at the Corning plant where I moved to. I do hope to work for Corning Inc. again some day.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 9, 2017
Not much of a work/life balance so it made it hard to stay motivated to go to work everyday. Culture is rather negative but that depends on the type of work within Corning.
Great place to work if you're young
T5 Fiber maker II/Draw Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 6, 2017
Great place to work if you're young and just starting out in the work field. Great benefits and pay if you stay there long enough to advance your job position.
great place to work but the workscheduale is demanding i applied tg
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  painted post disel plantOctober 31, 2017
it was an interesting place to work for a company that was always striving to improve. management and coworkers were cooperative and friendly. the work schedule was trying but the benefits were great. I enjoyed the fast pace physical part of the job.
Pros
good pay with many company incentives
Cons
swing shift was tireing
Good Entry level position
Help Desk Analyst Level II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2017
A typical day, check backups, make sure they ran and finished with no errors. The pace can be slow one minute and fast the next you just never know what is going to happen from day to day. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people face-to-face. The hardest part of the job is losing some of eh technical duties, like setting up user accounts, password resets. that all went to a third party company.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement
Fast paced environment
Filter Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEOctober 16, 2017
Although the work hours work well for me (3rd Shift) I have found I greatly miss the customer experience. The location is well suited being close to where I live.

Hardest part of the job would be the repetitive nature of the job versus my preference for customer interaction.
Pros
Close location for travel
Cons
Isolated from the customer experience
Productive workplace
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYOctober 12, 2017
Engaged and active all the time with various opportunities and tasks to work on. The mentors are incredibly helpful and let you work at your own pace while providing assistance if needed.
"Family Friendly"
Fiber Optics Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 12, 2017
I was told this company was very family friendly when I was going through the interview process. After getting hired on I realized that my co-workers were my "new" family because those were the only people I ever interacted with. Don't be fooled by the 7,3,3,1 days off on your schedule because on those days off you can be put on mandatory overtime list.
Great place to work with very talented employees
Lead Mechanical Designer/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 7, 2017
This was my first real grown up job out of college. Fortune 500 company with cutting edge technology. Great opportunity to grow as a professional but difficult to advance due to the hierarchy of things.
Pros
Cutting edge technology
Cons
Room for advancement
Corning is a Global Company that allows for challenge
Procurement Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 3, 2017
To work for Corning Inc. through Noramtech has allowed for many challenges and positive experiences. I have had the opportunity to expand my skills on my DMAIC skills and sharpen my financial skills. A typical day for me allows for diversity in the work environment. Management is exceptional. The hardest part of working as a contract employee through Corning is not knowing if you will be hired permanently or if your contract will be extended until the last month. The people you encounter are very helpful and very team oriented.
Pros
Management and Flexible hours
Cons
not knowing if your contract will be renewed until the last month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.