Corning Employee Reviews

Reporting
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 5, 2017
PeopleSoft Reporting specialist. Contributed to development of software practice and served as key reporting consultant for various engagements. Designed financial implementation reporting library for CIT Group and led design of General Ledger reporting library for Corning.
Pros
People
Nice place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 29, 2016
Working 12 hr shifts is not for the single person with young children.. Really great people willing to help. Some negativity and envy, but over all, good place to work.
Pros
Income, people, location
Cons
12 hr shifts
great place to work
INTERNSHIP /CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 29, 2016
the intership program for my specific plant know as IDM is great, everyone is very nice and super friendly.Each week you learn a different proccess that goes into making a die
Work ethic
CNC setup and operation machinist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 21, 2016
Its a great job but hard to advance without schooling. Great atmosphere. Management is non involved unless a problem arises. Coworkers are great, got along with everyone.
Great place to do science and engineering
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYNovember 22, 2016
Exciting and innovative environment with opportunities for scientific research. Some good managers, some less so. Good pay and benefits. Periodic layoffs hinder job security.
Hard work that doesnt pay off
Fiber oprtic inspection (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 21, 2016
12 hour work shifts made you exhausted. I came in at 7 am and worked harder and harder until 7pm. Management never listened to my complaints and most of the time they could not be found when actually needed. My coworkers found it fun to annoy each other and goof off when they had the chance, making work harder for others. The hardest part of my job was knowing that working hard would not get me further in the business because to move up an employee has to pass a test or be buddy with management. The most enjoyable was when I finally left that place for the last time.
Pros
paid lunches and breaks
Cons
everything else
Great culture and people
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Corning. I met many wonderful people and participated in many community events held by the company. I learned from my peers and was given challenging projects.
Great Company
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2016
Great company for a long term career. They want their employees to succeed. The on boarding process is very detailed and they set their sales force up for success.
Great pay and benefits.
Quality, doc. writer, lab tech, shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 2, 2016
I worked many positions in Corning as a Union worker. I loved having the opportunity to try new jobs. The pay was great and the benefits were good. I disliked the rotating shifts.
Pros
Great pay, yearly monetary reward, good benefits for workers
Cons
rotating swing shifts, retirees get less medical, no dental or eyeglass coverage
Good Pay
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Town of Erwin, NYSeptember 17, 2016
The job was not difficult once you knew the basic and built upon them. Competitive wage with chances to advance once you had a little seniority. Over all one of the best job I have had. the down fall is work schedule
corning ,is losing help.asking and expecting too much.
utility and a back up technician (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MESeptember 16, 2016
corning has changed in past 5 years. not for the better.morale is very low,and people are leaving for different jobs.you do not feel appreciated at all.they are way down in employees, word is, corning has bad reputation on outside.they do not pay well, and you have to run multiple machines. they expect you to do perfect work while running fast pace,and multiple machines.management wont listen,so people aree leaving. used to be a great company, now they are lacking from leadership.
benefits
Cons
not enough pay. asking too much from employees. taking away benefits
my company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 19, 2016
My typical day at work is database shutdown at work i learned how to balance work and management skills and very helpfull to co-workers i enjoy every minute in work.
Production facility.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 19, 2016
I worked for a temp company and the company treated us fairly and valued the job we did. Advancement seemed easy. Very laid back environment but hard working culture.
Decent place to work
Manufacturing Excellence Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 11, 2016
Overall, good place to work. Most of the time the work is not super hard. Great benefits. 24/7 operation with swing shifts. Swing shifts can be hard to adjust to. Get 7 straight days off a month if you don't have to work overtime.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay, swing shifts
Cons
High overtime rate, swing shifts
Production daily
Automated Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJuly 22, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7am and ends at 3pm, you gown and find your shifted schedule daily it depends on your grade level if your grade for the department is higher you run machines that are faster. The hardest part about the job is most of the machines are not ergonomically correct and the machines are very old and a lot of the production during the shift is hand loading you could load two seperate machines with each machine running about 80,000+ parts per shift.
Pros
Kaizen program earn gift cards
Cons
Short Breaks and grade level of pay
Good Company
Voice Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day consists of troubleshooting problems.
Ive learned much of the years from server management to IPT engineering.
Great co-workers
Stress level can be very high at times.
Fun work place
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work involves inspecting product that will be sent to the customer to make sure all spec requirements are met from the production process. I have learned a lot of about multiple production processes along with safety regulations. The quality dept. has a great crew of people that I work with.
lot to learn
Project Manager Information Security (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 24, 2016
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed
Pros
Good work life balance in a small town
Cons
Located in a small town in the middle of nowhere
Moneys good, but no work to life balance
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 12, 2016
Good money, no life, and every four years there is a typical lay off. You can make some really good money, entry level here, and room too grow if you know the right people.
Pros
Good Pay, Okay Insurance, Goldsharing
Cons
7 day swing shift, long hours, terrible union
Intern with Corning
Global Supply Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 7, 2016
It was a great and fulfilling experience especially compared to how my peers describe their internship experiences. I really enjoyed the company as a whole, from its values to its employees to the fellow interns that were chosen. It was great. Only issue is I was lied to and misinformed by HR and wasn't communicated with upon leaving as promised which has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Otherwise. great company.
Pros
Open door culture, Took care of employees, CEO was directly attainable
Cons
HR didnt stay true to word

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.