Corning Employee Reviews in United States

Terrific Management
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corning,NYFebruary 23, 2015
Corning is a wonderful company. If I wanted to live in New York for the rest of my life, Corning is a company I would love to work for.
excellent
Cash Application/Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 19, 2015
top notch company - family friendly - wonderful working environment - teams building - people worked together - not against - helpful people in ALL depts. - not based on buddy system - you were praised as an employee - made to feel great about what you contributed to the company.
Pros
everything
Cons
i dont work there anymore
Great Salary/Benefits but Horrible Work/Life Balance
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAFebruary 18, 2015
I was working 12 hour straight shifts at night which was great except that I was unable to see my son for 3 days at a time due to having to sleep and go right back into work. I recently switched to the 12 hour day shift position but had to relinquish certain skill sets and 2.70/hr in order to accomplish that being as everything is based on seniority. The job itself can be rather meticulous and repetitive but is also quite enjoyable since you are allowed to socialize with people from many different backgrounds. I would not choose to leave this job if it wasn't for the fact that I do not have stable child care for my son.
Pros
salary/benefits
Cons
no real breaks away from work
Great place to work!
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Corning was a great place to work with a great compensation and benefit plan. Management and staff were genuinely friendly and cared about their employees
Fiber optics production line
Quality Control Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2015
I worked a production line in a warehouse. I made fiber optics. I enjoyed everything about the job. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
healthy environment
Cons
mandatory overtime
It was a great job with great benefits
Fiber Processor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2015
I loved working for Corning. The only bad thing I can say is that there wasn't much opportunity for job advancement and there wasn't any job security.
An enjoyably challenging administrative experience
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Corning Incorporated encourages their employees to excel, work hard, be a team member, and keep the doors open for continued personal and professional growth.
Pros
comprehensive benefit package, stellar employees, and comfortable working environment.
Credit Card Company.
Adecco, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 25, 2015
If you dont mind being on the phone all day this is the job for you!
Productive and Quality time spend at work.
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 25, 2015
- 8 hors of work and managing customer complaints, NCR, various audits and internal customers at work.
- There are various things to learn everyday, working with the QC and document control daily.
- Management are great to work with and always available when need help.
- Co-workers are an excellent team who are willing to work and go out of their way on daily basis.
- The hardest part working on this job is not able to help the customers with their product complaints if not able to replicate the issue at our end.
- The most enjoyable part of this job is able to work internally and externally, able to travel and visit the customers.
Pros
diversity
Cons
limited vacation hours
Excellent company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 21, 2015
I greatly enjoyed and appreciated my time with Corning. If I hadn't relocated to a new area - I would still be there. They are an excellent company to work for. They have a great focus on Safety and Quality and are committed to their customers and their employees.
Director of Activities
Director of Activities (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 8, 2015
My job as a Director of Activities was to create and implement activity programs that corresponded with the plan of care for the residents. This job involved the personalizing the plan of care for each resident and then implementing the plans for all the residents into an activity calendar for the facility. There were many details that would need to be ironed out in order to provide the activities to the resident including budgets, staff, and regulations. I learned a great deal about management and the skills that are needed in order to properly manage a facility and a department in a nursing home. My coworkers were fun and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job was balancing my staffs limited number of hours of work with the different activity programs that the company would like to have seen implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the enjoyment of the residents during programs.
flexable with times, 15 mins away
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 29, 2014
Everymorning i would come in and head to the production room and check the dirty bins to see if there are any dirty labwares that need to be brought back to the sterile room. if so i would transfer the labware to the sterile room to wash and sterilize for next day use.I work with autoclave, and depryo machines to insure all products is steriles properly and following SOP. every week i would go do ems everymorning to test out room to insure that when products is being produced that the rooms will not contaminates product process or millions of dollar will be wasted.
I learned alot especially learning how products is transfered to vials, crimping the products,and also Learning how EM works to insure that everything products is good for consumers purchase.
The hardest part of the job is to insure that everything that comes out of the sterile room is steriles and meet the production team expections.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs is that i come to work and get my work done, also get along with everyone in my work place to have a postive atmosphere.
Pros
15 mins from my house
Cons
promise to be full time but still a temp
Amazing place, great management, excellent treatment
Production (Current Employee) –  Chiristiansburg, VaDecember 25, 2014
Coming in to corning with it being a corporation i was very sure it was going to be tough work but, working night shift is amazing. The people, management, and everyone in between are really easy-going and very friendly. I cant say their is a hard part of this job, and every day i come in i enjoy it.
Pros
15 minute breaks every 2 hours, 30 minute lunch, allowed to listen to music on floor
Fast Pace Stressful Work place
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 5, 2014
As a Union worker you are almost always looked down on by company people. It was great learning different processes and information. Usually very redundant work. Testing and measuring glass on machines for most of the day. Everyone (scientists & managers) think that their work is earth shattering and needs to be done right that second regardless of the work you were doing at that time. Too many bosses, managers, etc. Always took direction from MANY people and someone was saying something different from the other. Overall, union employees are just simply not treated well by the company regardless what they tell you. Great pay, but terrible vacation time for union workers.
A good place to work
safety team member (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 28, 2014
I would recommend this job to other people. A fun place to work.
Not a Team Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 24, 2014
Not an environment conducive to team work. Strong disconnect between the administrators and the production staff.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYNovember 12, 2014
I worked in the CET group between the Erwin and Diesel Plants. Every individual I encountered and had the opportunity to work with were some of the best people I could've asked to work with.
Friendly atmosphere
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYNovember 11, 2014
• Tended production machines to cut, grind, and polish glass products according to specifications and machine operating instructions.
• Read work orders to determine product specifications.
• Loaded product onto machine holding and feeding devices.
• Monitored machine operation to detect malfunctions.
• Trained and managed new workers and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
• Visually inspected parts for defects, such as cracks and chips.
• Removed finished product from machine after completion of cycle.
• Replaced worn cutters and grinding and polishing wheels, using hand tools.
• Manually ground, buffed and polished glass surfaces.
• Cleaned machine and work area.
Amazing Supervisors and Coworkers
Production and Maitenence (Former Employee) –  Town of Erwin, NYNovember 9, 2014
This place is AMAZING! You walk in and out with a smile on your face and a feeling of accomplishment!
Awesome place to work
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 6, 2014
Very informative, detail oriented and by the book organization. Co-workers worked as a team and learned best practices from each other. The challenging part of the job was meeting the deadline driven expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end result in getting the job done with customer satisfaction.
Pros
very educational on the production of different products manufactured by corning
Cons
sometimes bad weather played a part in the commute to and from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.