Corona Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2016
Terrible working conditions, non supportive management. The unfairness is overwhelming...they put new nurses in charge poistion roles and they are not experienced enough for the responsibility, so much favoritism. Worked there 20 years, I know what I'm talking about.
Pros
Non
wonderful place to work
Emergency & Urgent Care Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 15, 2015
Worked 12 shifts in the emergency and urgent care which allowed more home time with my family. I worked where I was needed in ER or urgent . Enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Very friendly productive Hospital. With good benefits, employees and Doctors
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 25, 2015
Loved this Hospital and been working for them over 18 years now. Every one there works as a team effort. I worked as a 8 hour day. Start at 8 am to 3;30 pm. One hour lunch in between. Small Hospice and Home health department so everyone is very close. The hardest part is that the census is low at times. Need a better CEO and staff. The most enjoyable is that everyone is wonderful and caring. I get along with all my staff.
Pros
supervisors always praise you
Cons
not enough patients or staff at times
Poor (no) management in OR, need a revamp
OR (Current Employee) –  corona caApril 27, 2015
Meet some nice people there. Benefit are way too low comparing to the market. Management is not fair and treat good workers with bias. This hospital pay cheap and bad management drive good workers away.
Pros
Bad OR management, cronyism, keep old time non-performer, bully
Cons
found some nice people there
fun co workers
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 15, 2015
I was a per diem tech, mainly on call position. Had many interesting cases. Worked hard , but was appreciated for my hard work. Most enjoyable part of my day was the smiling nurses and fellow techs. Management appreciated the technologist.
Pros
being appreciated
Cons
busy call
In this hospital I was an Environmental Technician
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 14, 2015
I cleaned, buffed and waxed hospital floors. I took out trash and cleaned rooms and waiting room areas. I was responsible for sanitation and removal of bio-hazardous waste.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
low pay range and no room for advancement
Professional & a special polite place to work & clean
Emergency Room Admitting Schedule Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2015
This was a pleasant and clean place to work for a hospital, there was always someone to help you and give you a hand when needed. It was a busy hospital and nice professional employees to work with. The stay in school program ending allowed me to go work at Kaiser Hospital
Cons
the stay in school program ended to soon
laid off
LVN (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2015
I have nothing but bad experience working for this hospital. management is horrible. they pay you cheap dirt, its hard to get lunch break without being interrupted. I could have my way, I would sue this company.
Nice place to work
cardiac ultrasound technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Nice place to work. Salary comparable to other hospitals. Work environment clean and updated.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor management
Employees here are wonderful
CM/QM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Corona Regional is a work in progress with many changes on the horizen. Working for a large coorporation has its challenges.
Progressive workplace
LVN (Former Employee) –  Sub AcuteJanuary 3, 2015
My day at work was very intensive . I started with report immediate patient rounds and assessment then RT therapy and care of Ventilator Dependent patients. The unit was very labor intensive but the staff worked as a team to deliver the best care to patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team to help patients obtain the best outcomes. I worked with some of the most intelligent and compassionate people.
Pros
highly educational
Fun place to work at
Admitting Representative for Outpatient & ER (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 13, 2014
I loved working in the admitting department in the ER. Was always busy and enjoyed that each day was different.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
i was working both at corona regional and kaiser and could not keep up working two jobs
Absolutely horrible if you are in phlebotomy dept
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  CORONAJune 25, 2014
This was absolutely the worst working environment that I ever worked at, the laboratory had a bully, and everyone knows who she is, and everyone was afraid of her, she drove new people away, and was always throwing things, you are overworked under paid and have to put up with high school games. I have worked at hospitals even more fast paced, but this hospital was the worst, unclean, unprofessional and unrealistic time frames. And a bully to boot, no wonder they are always looking,
Cons
short breaks, rude staff, lab supervisors not understanding, overwork, have unrealistic 5 min draw times, if your family is in icu or er, and they are difficult stick, 5 min, really it takes you that long to find a vein and get set up
dynamic institution positioned for growth
Director of Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  800 S. Main St., Corona, Ca. 92882June 2, 2014
typical day at work - fast paced serving multiple constituencies

what I learned - Be patient. Utilize the system and you will accomplish your goals.

management - keep in close contact with corporate management during times when local management is in transition.

my coworkers - They are a great bunch of skilled, capable, and effective people.

hardest part of the job - Being patient while ideas and requests percolate through the system.

most enjoyable part of the job - accomplishing a goal.
This is basically a good place to work, good co-workers, it's hard because it's too busy sometimes, I like that I'm helping others.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 10, 2014
I work for a hospital that provides basic and emergency care to the public. It is very busy, since we work alone on each shift, answering and transferring calls, paging codes, and contacting personnel. The management does the best they can with what resources they have. I work with a great group of co-workers. We try to work together to get things done. The hardest part is working alone, when we should really have two people on each shift. We don't have the supplies we need. The most satisfying part of this job is how we impact the patients and help others, sometimes saving a life.
Pros
health insurance, even though we pay. we get different celebration activities.
Cons
not enough personnel to be as effective as we would like, not enough supplies to do our jobs well.
Productive with good atmosphere
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Busy work schedule with diverse cases, learned working with new surgeons and adjusting to their preferences. Management was hard but fair. Great co-workers, everyone working together. Call schedule was hard, many hours. Best part of the job everyone having fun
Pros
diverse schedule
Cons
call hours
Great for the time but looking for acute setting
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Assignment sheet and review patients to use the Nursing process.
Assists LVN making available and collecting information to address with the related professional
Team meeting
Cons
only rn and sub-acute setting
Since this was my first job, I gain a lot of experience
Dietician Aide (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 2, 2014
I had to wear a lot of different hats while with them. Every day was different. Never a dull moment
Pros
stable job
fun to work at.
cna (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 8, 2014
i enjoyed my 3 years there..lots of work but they appreciate you.
Pros
holidays where nice to work on.
Cons
need just a lil more help.
Very minimal support from senior management
SLEEP PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 24, 2013
The company has more pressing issues that needed to be addressed leaving most ancillary services mostly fending for themselves.
Pros
to few to mention if any
Cons
very difficult environment to work in

Corona Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location