Corona Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced with alot of opportunity to learn and great coworkers.
ER ADMITTING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 21, 2017
The ED staff was a pleasure to work with, very diverse and filled with people that love what they do. The undergrads are great to work with as well as they bring a lot of energy into the workplace. Job consists of a lot but not too hard to learn over time. Management within the admitting department was the worst and training lacked. Managers were never available, unwilling to hear concerns or suggestions, and unapproachable. In order to be considered within the department you had to be a favorite or friend. I would recommend to work in any other department other then admitting. Pay was low and there were no benefits or push to grow within the company which was a big concern to most as well.
Pros
gain experience, nursing staff and doctors were a pleasure
Cons
no benefits, pay is low, management was awful
Productive Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 13, 2017
A typical would be very busy the management sometimes are very harsh and the hours could be better. I most enjoyed the people I worked with. And the environment.
Pros
Ocertime hours
Cons
Not enough employees
Be ready to be given a lot of opportunities to learn and work independently
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 17, 2017
Experience heavily depends on which nurse you are assigned and this hospital has plenty of nurses that are willing to take on students. But don't be afraid to ask for a change of nurse if you aren't given enough opportunities to learn.
Staff LVN Position
LVN (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 6, 2017
Working at Corona Regional Medical Center was challenging but I learned more about nursing there than any other experience. Working as a float LVN I experienced Med/Surg., ICU, PCU, and ER on 12 hour day shifts. The RNs were great mentors to me but the hardest part of the job was staffing ratios were not always adhered to which made for long hard days.
Pros
knowledge gained
Cons
staffing ratios
Has been a great place to work
RN Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 2, 2017
Have been there for 22 years! Work with a great group of people. I have learned everything I know about home health, have been able to advance through the years. We are a well oiled machine. The hardest part of my job would be the lack of staffing at times.
productive and over alla great place to work
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 1, 2017
while at walnut i got to meet really nice poeple and there families. i was able to build relationships and learn how to care for elders in a whole new way.
corrona
Nursing student (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 1, 2017
Great advocacy for patients, work culture is a breeze. Patient ratio is fair. Employees are friendly and willing to train. Management is great...............................
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 18, 2017
horrible management, pros is employees are helpful. but the higher up the chain you go the more political. do not advise this workplace for an employee
Great hsopital
Transporter / EMT (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 10, 2017
typical hospital wok place. alwasy busy, non stop patient attending and report writing. great staff, great doctors. the hospital has had so many changes and in was in the middle of updating the ICU dept and extrending the ED
Cons
breaks always seemed to come up short
productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant(PCT) (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 31, 2017
extremely friendly staff, with willingness for employee advancement and an educational environment. Their schedule is very flexible and extremely accommodating.
Diverse staff and client population made for a great introduction to nursing
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 23, 2017
I worked at Corona as a 1st semester nursing student in a clinical rotation. The nursing staff was very helpful in teaching and allowing for learning experiences.
Pros
Great nursing staff
Cons
ongoing construction in patient care areas
Great Coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 15, 2017
It's a small hospital and they are in the process of growing since UHS bought the company. My coworkers are great and the nurse manager is really accommodating.
Cons
Low pay
fun place to work fun
Unit Coordinator/Admin (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working her for 3 yrs until i got laid off when the financial crunch hit . the hospital is very old and does need improvement on the building and furniture, hospital beds, nursing stations etc
Poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2016
Terrible working conditions, non supportive management. The unfairness is overwhelming...they put new nurses in charge poistion roles and they are not experienced enough for the responsibility, so much favoritism. Worked there 20 years, I know what I'm talking about.
Pros
Non
nice coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  corona californiaOctober 24, 2015
CRMC really does care about the patient experience and is always striving to make improvements on their mode of care and documentation for facilitation of communication between members on patient health issuespatient
Pros
acute care experience
Cons
constant transitioning of expectations
wonderful place to work
Emergency & Urgent Care Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 15, 2015
Worked 12 shifts in the emergency and urgent care which allowed more home time with my family. I worked where I was needed in ER or urgent . Enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Very friendly productive Hospital. With good benefits, employees and Doctors
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 25, 2015
Loved this Hospital and been working for them over 18 years now. Every one there works as a team effort. I worked as a 8 hour day. Start at 8 am to 3;30 pm. One hour lunch in between. Small Hospice and Home health department so everyone is very close. The hardest part is that the census is low at times. Need a better CEO and staff. The most enjoyable is that everyone is wonderful and caring. I get along with all my staff.
Pros
supervisors always praise you
Cons
not enough patients or staff at times
Poor (no) management in OR, need a revamp
OR (Current Employee) –  corona caApril 27, 2015
Meet some nice people there. Benefit are way too low comparing to the market. Management is not fair and treat good workers with bias. This hospital pay cheap and bad management drive good workers away.
Pros
Bad OR management, cronyism, keep old time non-performer, bully
Cons
found some nice people there
fun co workers
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 15, 2015
I was a per diem tech, mainly on call position. Had many interesting cases. Worked hard , but was appreciated for my hard work. Most enjoyable part of my day was the smiling nurses and fellow techs. Management appreciated the technologist.
Pros
being appreciated
Cons
busy call
In this hospital I was an Environmental Technician
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 14, 2015
I cleaned, buffed and waxed hospital floors. I took out trash and cleaned rooms and waiting room areas. I was responsible for sanitation and removal of bio-hazardous waste.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
low pay range and no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corona Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Corona Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location