Corporate-Red Bank, NJ Employee Reviews

A sales consultants job duties.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 17, 2017
Our day starts at 10am and ends at 6pm. Weekends are mandatory, we have off two days during the week. They have excellent training for the sales consultants. management is always there if you need them. we are like one big family.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Working weekends
Excellent Company
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 17, 2017
Fantastic benefits, the management of this company was very well educated and trained. A great source of information and advancement. Very well known for it's charity work
Pros
Great Benefits
Construction Manager
Homeowner Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093June 27, 2017
Fun friendly environment with deadlines. Able to manage your own job sites as long as they stay on time and falls with in the company's standards. Great place to grow as a construction manager
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
Good professional start with a rude finish.
Designer / Architectural Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 16, 2017
I'm indifferent about working here. Working with this company started off great, but with every change of management comes the urge to change everything to their liking. At first, there was a diverse group of employees, but over time, if you didn't share the the same views of upper management you were scrutinized until they found a reason to let you go. It often felt like you were continually being interviewed to keep your job.
Pros
At first it was good but things changed over the years.
Cons
Certain management members just didn't like anyone who wasn't like them.
Upper Management Set You Up for Failure
Residential Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 12, 2017
Upper management does not have a clue what is going on in the field, often giving you crazy deadlines that are unobtainable without listening to reason. They often act like they do not know why a house is having difficulty going up when you are attempting to reach out and give them solutions on issues. Compensation is average to above average in the field of construction, but you will be paying for it.
Pros
Decent benefits, good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Compensation and Benefits were excellent! Not so much so with upper management.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 7, 2017
Overall, rewarding experience, however, there were different standards and interpretation of policy from one employee to another and a lot of cross-departmental interference.

Managers from other departments were allowed to interfere in decisions made by some employees while reinforcing the exact same decisions from other employees with personal and/or inappropriate relationships with upper management.

Management tends to share confidential information with customers and other employees regarding your employment, creating uncomfortable situations while trying to execute job duties.

Their bonus program is excellent...... as long as you have the supervisor who violates policy, enabling their team to collect double/triple bonuses for the same ticket. If you have the supervisor who plays it by the book, you will still make a decent bonus based on your performance.
Pros
Great pay and bonus program!
Cons
Management has double standards for pet employees
Good atmosphere, but a lot of restrictions
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2017
Overall it is a good place to work, but you are always going back and forth with corporate over what is allowed and what isn't. I learned a lot from my manager, and it is a great work atmosphere.
Toxic
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 28, 2017
Senior management team was not supportive. Office atmosphere was toxic. Everyone walked around with an attitude. To many chiefs but not enough indi......
Pros
nothing
Cons
toxic, overworked, no respect
Great Team
Gold Key Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2017
Great benefits offered, great sense of team. Each department works together in order to reach goals. There have been many management changes within the past two years, but has been easily adapted to by all employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the TEAM!!
work place like family
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 4, 2017
great team, lots to do time goes by fast and never a dull day. homebuilding is wonder. Nothing like building a Family dream. You learn a lot in a short period of time .
Pros
building homes
Cons
uncontrollable things that affect our business
Customer Service/Call Center Representative
Customer Service/Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 22, 2016
I loved working there. I worked with a great group of people. I loved helping customers with issues they encountered with their newly built homes and resolving all of their issues and made them happy.
Pros
great job, great atmosphere and great pay
Cons
was laid off in massive layoff in 2008
Productive on the go dail yposition
Sales Assistant/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 6, 2016
Assist new clients with their past due accounts in collections
Maintain database with all clients and prospective clients

Fast paced environment to achieve minimal time in collections for our clients

Unfortunate, the company was unable to stay open.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Unable to stay open
Great culture, job security and compensation
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Be prepared to work yourself to death but it does pay off. Corporate in NJ is very controlling and hindered company success by slowing the ability to make quick decisions to win over business to remain competitive. Corporate made staffing choices that eroded the morale and spirit of the division.
Pros
Pay
Cons
This is supposed to be K Hovnanian Homes so I will review that company.
Sr Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 6, 2016
I was very thankful to have the opportunity to take part in developing our city and building communities for new and prior home owners. I learned so many new things and worked with the top professionals in our community. The Mayor even cut the ribbon on one of our properties. Many day were challenging but in the end, our dedication and teamwork led to our many successes.
Great Place to work .
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2016
Great place to work all was learning something new.This company has great benefits and incentives , you have the potential of moving up the management positions.
Great learning experience
SALES SUPERVISOR / CONTRACT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2016
All previous jobs were a great start for a new career that lead to many other opportunities. The management team was wonderful in the way they always kept you informed of any changes asap. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about this company.
Pros
training
Good overall work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 25, 2016
overall business is leading to layoffs
very friendly business people
top management is a bit too busy to train anyone though
Builds beautiful and high quality homes
New Home Sales Conselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed the work and many of my coworkers, immensely. Company focuses a great deal on quality of workmanship and getting excellent reviews from customers.
Good Company
Sales Counselor in Beautiful Waterford Park Allen (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasFebruary 5, 2016
Poor Trainer but good management. Love the environment and the freedom to run your own subdivision. Had a Great Pair of Boss'
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Work weekends
managing of new construction
CCM Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 24, 2015
Had too many houses under construction for 1 person. 16 ranging in 100 miles. A lot of traveling. Supervisor not very helpful in average work week was 90 to 100 hours