Corporate-Red Bank, NJ

Corporate-Red Bank, NJ Employer Reviews

Increased Sales and closings
Community sales manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2014
Pros: every day is a great day
Cons: rainy day
I am a sales professional who is intelligent, is action oriented and driven to win. I excel at building relationships.
Great Learning experience
RECRUITER / CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), red bank, njMay 29, 2014
I learned a lot. Was very excited about being in an environment to consistently recruit for the company.
National Builder
Residential Home Builder (Former Employee), Landover, MDApril 7, 2014
Days consisted of managing the production of new residential homes. Became highly effective with organizational and time management skills. The management team at this company were an outstanding group that looked out for their employees. The men and women that I worked with were a dedicated group.
all work and no play
Associate Architect (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Terrible management, people are not well trained to do their job. That's what happens when a company hires cheap workers, you get cheap, unprofessional employees.
Excellent company to work for!
Sales and Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: professional atmosphere
Learned a wealth of knowledge in various aspects of sales, construction, design, legal, contracts, escrow, mortgage lending, title, etc. Excellent company to work for.
Very stressful but forfilling
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Palmdale, CaOctober 3, 2013
Pros: having meetings and lunch with vp's of freddie & fannie mac
Cons: long hours away from home
The community I worked at for Red Bank was a distressed property with 384 units "apartments". We spent several weeks evaluating all the units and common areas for necessary repairs as well as schedule maintenance staff to make repairs and review bids from outside contractors for major repairs. I realized after a couple days being there that the property – more... was going into receivership for non payment. Accounting records and rental contracts had to be reviewed and copied as well as recreating monthly balance sheets for each resident for a more accurate accounting of our receivables.
To be more effective by taking time to evaluate the situation instead of reacting to the moment and ask others for help. It was hard for all of us especially not knowing our employment status from day to day but at the end we had a good team. The court receiver "Ostarr Property Management" promoted me to assistant manager allowing me to have a little more time with my children. Being in a supervisory position was difficult especially when having to right up a co-worker and having to terminate an employee. I learned so much during this time about property management, selling a large residential community and working with corporate lenders. They also paid for me to attend a motivational seminar and a couple sales / marketing seminars that was vary informative. – less
Great Home Builder
South Coast Division Sales Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2013
K. Hovnanian seeks to satisfy the needs of both their employees and consumers by creating a healthy environment to work in while providing quality construction with impressive customer service.
great company to work for
Senior Land Planning Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 14, 2013
great company to work for because very gaol orienated and carrer driven
Great Company, Excellent Benefits.
Bond Manager (Former Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, good people
Cons: lack of associate loyalty
I enjoyed working For K.Hovnanian for 20 years. I grew up with them. I matured, learned, prospered and flourished. Most upper management acted as mentors and teachers. My experience with this compamy was extremely rewarding and benefitted me greatly.
Steady job
HVAC Installer (Former Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 8, 2012
Steady work, liked the schedule. Co workers were easy to get along with. Lots of travel, good benefits.
Moderately good place to work.
Director, Home Production Applications (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJAugust 17, 2012
Company is struggling and therefore many perks have been cut.
Fun but Challenging
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits and working a job i love
Cons: long hours, poor upper management team lacking in commmunication and vision.
Worked very hard in a fast paced ever changing environment. The first nine years were stable. The last four years I reported to six Presidents. All with differing visions.
I enjoy what I did - all facets of it. Having to adjust to differing viewpoints when you know it's not always in the best interest of the company is challenging.
I learned flexibilty, – more... to do what I think is best within the parameters of the management and to not take much personally unless you know the person.
Current management had poor communication skills which made the work environment hostile. – less
Multi-dimensional
Project Director (Project Executive) (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJJune 3, 2012
Extreme learning experience. Intense pace and accountability. Great professional colleagues to work with.
Wonderful company with many chances for advancement.
Marketing & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJApril 4, 2012
Pros: friday breakfasts, beautiful offices, friendly employees.
Cons: lots of travel, without compensation for car or gas.
I spent almost twenty years with K. Hovnanian and if the company did not have to downsize I would still be happily working for them.
They have an excellent training program and encourage employees to try other positions within the company.
Community Administrator (Former Employee), Different locationsJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: advancements
Excellant company to work for. Diversified work. Went from a customer Service Rep to the regional office as a Community Administrator.