Corporate Call Center Employee Reviews in United States

keeps you busy but not to busy to feel overworked
Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 22, 2015
I really like the company, the experience is good, there willing to cross train you and management seems fair. I think some co-workers should take the job more seriously.I like having work to do it makes the work day go by fast and it seems you have the option to be very busy or have a regular relaxed worked day where you can complete your task and end your day, and the hours are flexible. I hope I can stay pass the open enrollment period, I travel very far to get there but I would not mind doing so permanently
A great place to start but not good to stay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 6, 2016
Even though this position was through a staffing agency, it's a great place to start gaining experience in the corporate sector. I enjoyed working with my staff and employees and knowing people that have started there and have gone on to better opportunities. I would recommend it to anyone looking to gain experience and enter corporate America.
Ok place to work
Licenced Health Insurance Agent in over 15 States (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 15, 2015
Its an ok place to work ok people to work for they try word to please everyone while making as much money as they can. Selling insurance over the phone for many company's.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no benifits
pretty tense place to work
BCBS Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 8, 2015
There is a tense atmosphere in the work environment, people also get cranky in the morning rushing for the coffee. It just is not a friendly environment.
Pros
good overtime offers
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 23, 2015
Highmark is a very nice place to work at. My supervisor is excellent with his employees. I learned alot within HMO'S and PPO'S
Pros
Flexible schedule, You make your own schedule
Cons
Short lunch
Fast pace calls. but enjoy helping others
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PaJuly 28, 2015
Working with providers, checking peoples health insurance policies. Checking effective dates, whose on the policy, if it is cancelled or not. giving benefits on the policy.
Pros
Working and meetng new people
Cons
the calls can be overwhelming at times
Fast Paced
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 31, 2015
Fast Paced Environment up-beat employess great hours and convenient locations for employees on public transportation.
Pros
Unlimited Overtime
Poor management
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2014
10 Minute break-30min lunch-management needs more training on how to treat adults with skills. You don't mistreat someone for not doing what you ask when training materials is good one day and obsolete, almost with in the next hour. You then expect the workers to constantly take a call with inadequate materials. I f you off when new,"not necessarily correct" material was given out you never saw it, unless quality pulls you apart to berate you for not anwering the question to the customer correctly. You didn.T know that a paper was missing. The lunch room is outdated and small, they could use another 5-10 microwaves, so that you are not late coming back from your 30min. Lunch
With all eyes watching you hurrying back, including the so called team leads.What a joke.
During my experience with Corporate Call Center it was rewarding to help Medicare beneficiaries find health coverage to suit their needs.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 24, 2015
We come together to review any updates/new products and sales; then the best way to get it across to the consumer. We find ways to keep our team motivated.
Pros
incentives to show up in inclement weather.
Cons
no employee benefits.
I worked with the High Mark team, they were the best.
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 5, 2013
I was actually working at CCC through an agency so I didn't receive any benefits and the work was a contract assignment. However, it is a really nice company to work for and I wouldn't hesitate to accept a full time position with them. They allow great flexibility in your schedule and provide coffee and other food events for everyone.
Pros
nice working environment, free coffee.
Cons
only con was that i was working there through an agency and it was a temporary, seasonal position.
Flexible and room for advancement.
Licensed Producer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 16, 2015
CCC provides one with the career building blocks and they are required to advance in the insurance sales industry. Organisations spend a lot of time and money training staff, not in job specific areas but in general and licensing.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
few long term projects
great job training very informative.
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 19, 2015
It was a seasonal position, very busy workplace. I gained a lot of experience within the short period of time I worked for CCC.
Demeaning, Disorganized Management and a toxic work environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell,March 17, 2013
I was hired under the pretense of this being a "temp-to-hire" position, where I was told that permanent employment was almost a given to individuals who performed their duties and were reliable and consistent. However, this could not be further from the truth. Supervisors lied to their employees on a daily basis with this rhetoric that after a while seemed like something written above a concentration camp (Hard Work leads to freedom as written above Aushwitchz).

A "typical day at work" would start off with someone being turned away from the workplace (yes, told to go home) for being no more than 5 minutes late after commuting on public transportation for nearly 2 hours. After that, we would be given "updates" that usually included how to rectify a systems error that essentially made all the previous day's tele-sales worthless. Then, we would be asked to navigate through an INCREDIBLY disorganized and non-user friendly (poorly java coded) database to try and give accurate information to incoming callers while performing data entry on another poorly coded program that would lag and lag and lag and lag so much that even performing simple functions became pointlessly difficult and frustrating. All the while management would engage in personal conversations while staring at this projector showing employees work status to give the appearance of being busy.

Just a tip, disconnect your phone line after putting it in Ready to Take Calls aux code, and it will remain as such on the projector screen the supervisors use to make sure you aren't taking too much time to ensure the accuracy
  more... of the data you entered.

Then, we would be have meetings where we were ensured again that those who were committed to their jobs would easily find permanent positions, despite the fact that even the supervisors were employed under "independent contractor" 1099 tax status. This would falsely mislead otherwise administrative naive employees into thinking they have finally found a great career path but in reality were working in a sales sweatshop and were about to be stuck without a job in the dead of winter. I have never been talked down to more than I was at this workplace, where the corporate employees (non telesales people) wont even so much as look at you or share the same entrance or bathroom. Toxic work environment, and a nearly 3 month long paid training that literally made me have flashbacks to high school, where we were pointlessly reviewed insurance information that wasn't pertinent to either the programs we were using or the products being sold.

I have IBS, and was constantly being scolded for "frequent trips to the bathroom" (really professional). At one point, I was told to get a doctors note to prove my MEDICAL CONDITION. Instead I just left. We were also told to share headsets with strangers, which is totally unsanitary because on average someone will use them for at least an 8-hour shift. In addition, I was repeatedly scolded for annotating the training material provided (which was just a bunch of black and white xerox copies hastily thrown together into a black binder, often with entire sections missing). I learned here how to, just like my supervisors, waste as much time as possible.

If you're looking for somewhere to work where you are respected, treated somewhat as an equal, have room for advancement, and blind to gender, dont waste your time here. The pay is MINIMAL for the work performed (insurance sales) and despite having a BA from a renowned university, I was started at $12.00 per hour.

Please, I warned you, keep looking for other jobs. God only knows what other permanent employment opportunities with overtime and benefits I missed while wasting my time here swallowing all their b.s.
Pros
clean break room, interesting coworkers, employs seniors
Cons
sexual harassment, no oversight of management, no potential for advancement, supervisors would routinely belittle and demean employees within earshot of coworkers, permanent employees at the call center would look down at the temporary telemarketers
a typical work day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 14, 2012
my typical work day at on-time staffing was difficult but also a new experience for me,i learned how to use machines,the management was real good and helpful,my co-workers was also friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job was having to stand for 8 hours straigt with only a half hour lunch and i enjoyed my job because it was always strong energy in the work place and everybody smiled and got their workk done
Nice place to work
Enrollment Specialist for Medicare Benefits (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 2, 2014
• Responsible for presenting individual health benefits packages for enrollment period
• Prepared applications for all new providers for assigned regional contracts and identified issues and resolved if any
• Answered inbound customer service calls and assisted clients with the enrollment process
• Documented all customer communication after each phone call
supervisor in a call center.
Supervisor/Provider Services (Former Employee) –  Bluebel, PAMarch 23, 2014
It was a great place to learn, grow, and overall work. I enjoyed the people, and it also provided a great opportunity to continue to develop myself in the customer service and health industry.
Pros
staff, environment
Cons
management
Awsome Coworkers Lousy Company
Licensed Health Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell PAFebruary 23, 2014
I was brought into CCC like 99.9% of the people working there by a Temp Service, and was told even though it was a temp job that a new assignment would happen when the current job ended (not even close) The best part of working there was the fantastic people I had the honor to work with, I know that personalities were a major factor but also because we kind of felt abandon by the powers that be we became an incredible team I Feel if the company (Highmark) Had known how truly great our group was they would have grabbed us all as soon as they could. Our assignment ended Jan 10th instead of March and I know I will never forget every member of the team we had created.
Pros
awsome coworkers
Cons
10 minute breaks, lack of proper training, a "swinging door" feeling
Okay place to work with great co workers
Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 12, 2012
I greatly enjoyed the people I had the opportunity to work with at CCC. The direct management of the program that I was working on left quite a bit to be desired. Treating professionals like children is NOT a good way to run a business.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay and poor management
good temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 6, 2014
it was a temporary job but was a good job and gave good information to futher you in a career doing this kind of work.
Corporate Call Center
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 7, 2014
The Corporate Call Center can be a great place of employment, however there is very little opportunity for advancement. They have great staff, flexible schedules and a comfortable environment.
Pros
great staff
Cons
only hire through temp agencies

2.8