The Microstrategy Architect is responsible for design and build of an essential library of standard and custom reports and will participate in the optimization of the application. As a senior architect candidate, they will be responsible for end to end build and administering of the MicroStrategy environment, including configuring project architecture, developing metrics, attributes, hierarchies, performing user and group maintenance, monitoring system performance, technical and infrastructure management, and user and application support responsibilities..
This role requires deep experience in data warehouse and Business Intelligence applications and technologies. Need to thoroughly have competency in Microstrategy software and technologies, architecture, and current trends in data delivery and information management. Must have a good understanding of enterprise data warehouse implementations as well as possess good data analysis, and SQL skills.
This candidate must have experience in Market Basket Analysis for a Retail environment.
This candidate must have experience in dashboards and mobile.
- Translate business requirements using complex methods and models to determine appropriate system solutions.
- Work with end users, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business analytics capabilities using MicroStrategy.
- Participate in ETL and physical data model design and reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable architecture
- Owns and manage enterprise BI application environment strategies for (Development, QA, and Production environments)
- Perform migrations of objects between project sources
- Provide support for development issues related to architecture and/or performance
- Support user, performance and regression testing efforts
- Mentor, coach, and train fellow associates in technical and business competency growth
- Keep current on emerging trends and best practices in Information Delivery, BI tools and technologies
- Develop cross-platform knowledge and competencies in full the BI application tool kit consisting used by LBI, i.e. Microstrategy , SAS and SAP/ BW. Will take on additional assignments in other BI technologies areas when the opportunities are present.
- Application performance optimization
- Application capacity forecasting and planning
- Environment planning and roadmap
- Develop and maintain Limited Brand’s MicroStrategy projects, reports, documents, dashboards, cubes, and scorecards to improve analytics capabilities of all supported internal customer groups.
- Work with Database Administrators and ETL developers to create metrics as required for reporting, and migrate applications into development, test and production environments.
- Migrate MicroStrategy project changes between development, testing, training, and production environments using Object Manager.
- Create and/or perform peer review of MicroStrategy reports to ensure that all reports conform to standards and guidelines.
- Create and execute test plans and test scripts for unit and system testing of MicroStrategy reports and schema objects am , based upon requirements specifications.
- Execute change management processes surrounding new releases of MicroStrategy reports and evaluate and recommend new tools and methodologies to assist with change management and perform upgrades of the MicroStrategy environment when necessary.
- 8+ Years of Information Technology experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing and CRM concepts
- Very accomplished hands-on end to end Microstrategy BI architecture experience in all phases of SDLC; (design, build implementation, support)
- 5+ years experience as a senior Microstrategy applications and technical architect with demonstrated experience leading development of schemas, metrics, reports and dashboards.
- Participation in at least three (3) Data Warehouse reporting projects in the lead role of MicroStrategy architect and developer.
- Must possess excellent Microstrategy architecture and development skills, preferably with version 9.0+.
- Deep, hands on experience with Microstrategy SDK programming is required.
- Microstrategy certification and familiarity with version 9 is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of experience with Teradata DB. Most Recent experience should be in V2R12 or later version.
- 2+ years experience with Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Retail and ecommerce reporting and analysis experience preferred;
- Experience with customer marketing, CRM is highly desirable
- Experience with Job Scheduling using Scheduling tools like Control M
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Indeed - 17 months ago
Fortune 100 company, immediate opening.