Corporate Fitness Works Employee Reviews

Boring Job
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 9, 2017
Helped me learn to manage a facility but was very slow-paced. Helped me learn to do group exercises classes, but that was all I did. As a starting job not a bad place but would not stay here for long
They live and breathe their core values.
AVP Business Development (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 17, 2017
Corporate Fitness Works has provided me the opportunity to "lead a health revolution" not just in my community but throughout the US. My Team Leaders inspire me every day.
Pros
Opportunities for growth are available through working commities, professional development and new business growth.
Cons
The fitness and wellness industry as a whole is undervalued for our contributions.
A good place to work for wellness professionals
Regional Director, AVP, Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 14, 2017
Corporate Fitness Works focuses on customer care and team care. There is much opportunity for advancement. They are successful because of their commitment to clients and their employees.
Pros
wellness culture
Great Company
Health Promotion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Everyone is a lot of fun and they try to teach you as much as possible. There is option for overtime and health screenings, once you get involved.
Corporate Fitness Works
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 24, 2017
This is an decent job if you're a new graduate. However there is a lot of cattiness that occurs. I have been here several months and the turnover rate is nothing I have never seen before. To me that says a lot about one senior account manager in particular since the high turnover has occurred in the area that person oversees.

The communication is lack luster, very little training, and you need to be able to function autonomously in order to thoroughly perform your job. If you are a regional health fitness specialist, good luck with that, they do not reimburse you for mileage and reimburse you a measly $5 per day for parking, well in DC you can pay $26 to park.

The senior account managers have favorites therefore if you are on his/her good side look for advancement, if not you will stay where you are. Program manager position is a dead end position because there is no room to grow because the senior account managers are "lifers" and aren't leaving their position.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
pay, cattiness, immaturity, no lunch breaks
Great place to work! Staff all get along and the members are friendly.
Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 21, 2016
A typical day consisted of reporting the usage of our facility, programs, and services. We taught group exercise classes 7 times a week between all staff and personal trained clients off the clock. Upper management was friendly and willing to work with you to keep your work/life balance.

The most unpleasant part of the job was reporting stats (but that's anywhere)

The best part of the job was creating programs for everyone to participate in, and having awesome feedback about how great your program was!
Pros
Active all day. Walk around the gym whenever, test out equipment, interact and chat with members/friends working out
Cons
Leave is use or lose; rotating shifts
Productive and friendly environmnet
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2016
Work well with coworkers planning incentives. Connect with client and members. Teach various group exercise classes throughout the week. Multiple locations.
Great atmosphere and fun place to work
Senior Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 13, 2016
Great atmosphere and fun place to work, but compensation is bad. Personal training hours have to be made up on top of your 40 hour work week. Pay is bad. Maternity leave is 5 days.. and sick/holiday is bad.
Pros
Get to work out at work
Cons
Maternity/Sick/Vacation is BAD
Lack Luster Company
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDJune 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of teaching classes and personal training which was fun.
The remainder of your day consisted of designing and implementing programs that were antiquated and boring.

The hardest part of the job was answering to poor management.
Pros
Customers were great
Cons
Management, No lunch breaks, Work hours
Personal Trainer at Sprint Campus in Overland Park Kansas
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2016
(Administer fitness evaluations for new members at Sprint Headquarters. Develop daily fitness routines for members and supervise workout center.
Pros
Opportunity to work in my field of expertise and passion
Cons
Pay
Productive place to work
Health Fitness Specialist/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2016
I have learned a lot from this company, they have great benefits and the hours are great. You get in early and have time to get off of work to complete whatever you have to do afterwards. Management is one of the best groups of management I have had so far in my career. Spanning from the top all the way to the bottom. I absolutely love the position that I have.
Corporate Fitness
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 11, 2015
I work in a state of the art facility that is staffed with intelligent and capable coworkers. However, there is no room for advancement. This is mostly due to the corporate fitness climate and not because of the company itself.
Pros
Fantistic work enviroment
Cons
no breaks and no room for advancement
Amazing place to work
Fitness and Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves working 1:1 with clients, teaching group exercise classes, and doing the administrative work that is required for a corporate fitness and wellness program.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Low pay
Great Team Culture
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2015
Love my job. Love the people I work with and the members that I work with each and every day. Very outgoing, thriving, well-being environment.
Pros
Outgoing team and members
Cons
Job security due to contract bids
Was an okay place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDMarch 5, 2015
The work environment was rough to be in the people. Coworker were very childish and picky with who they would socialize with.
Cons
No lunch break
Fun workplace, poor advancement opportunities
Group Exercise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Work environment great, good place to gain experience and build resume. Not much room for growth and advancement. Working with the members and my co workers to better everyone's health is the most rewarding part of my day.
Terrible comapny to be employeed for.
Regional Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2014
Zero room for growth, terrible pay and benefits are a joke. Managers and supervisors have their favorites and if you are not one of them then your time there will very unpleasant. Managers and supervisors preach teamwork but rarely do they come out of their offices. Do not accept any job from here if at all possible!
CFW review
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 9, 2014
Subpar company. No leadership, poor training, poor atmosphere for individuals with a higher education and critical thinking skills.
Pros
x
Cons
short breaks (if any at all), poor flexibility with scheduling, poor management
Overall a good environment to work in
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2014
Typical day consisted of teaching group exercise classes, writing exercise prescription, cleaning equipment and running reports.
The best part was working with members of the fitness center and helping them achieve their goals.
Mediocre Company to work for
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 16, 2013
The co-workers and management do work well together but don't get caught up in the drama or some of the immature behaviors.

The pay is less than what a older 20 something and plus could live on. If you are younger and live at home or don't have bills than the pay would be okay for you. The benefits are great for a corporate wellness company so that is one of just a couple of perks.

The members are nice and you definitely learn a lot about them when you get to know them.

The hardest part of the job besides the behavior issues would be the high expectations that are required with that being said "though job skills mention that it is part of your job; not worth the pay for how much prep & work is required..."
Pros
benefits and CEC reimbursement
Cons
immature behavior, high expectations with too many responsibilities, salary breakdown is less than desirable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corporate Fitness Works. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8