Corporate Payroll Services Employee Reviews

Very little work/life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 11, 2015
Corporate Payroll Services is a company that was started over 20 years ago, but still hasn't taken the step to modernize. There is an observable distinction between upper management and 'regular' employees. Suggestions are requested, but not appreciated or incorporated. There is very little room for growth in this company. The technology is outdated.
Fantastic Company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2014
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The staff across the entire company was so helpful while I was training. I felt like I had so much support at all times. There is a real team feel there. Employees here work very hard and care about their clients very much. This is a fantastic company at every level.
Pros
there are many incentives to work hard. this was a job i actually liked.
Cons
payroll is a hard industry you have to be smart in order to make it.
A lot of Training
Payroll Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes contacting clients and processing payroll, filing invoices, and solving issues related to payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
Not your typical sales environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 13, 2013
This is a telemarketing position. Typical work day consists of using a list of business called "leads" to cold call businesses in an attempt to sale payroll services.

There seems to be little growth opportunities and if your quota is not met within three weeks, termination is in your near future.

Management walks around making sure you are on the phone at all times.

Fridays are more relaxed with BBQs (sometimes) and a weekly golf game during break time to earn incentives (the potential to earn taxed cash)

The hours are 8:58 am - 4pm with a one hour lunch in between.

The hardest part of the job is constantly getting rejected by annoyed business owners who receive multiple calls from the company a month and requesting to be put on the "DO NO CALL LIST"

The most enjoyable part of the job is the interesting co-workers, occasional BBQs, and the weekly golf game with cash prize potential.
Pros
bbqs, cash incentives
Cons
no benefits, no full time hours, short breaks
Excellent foundation for dealing with irs
Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
This position taught me quite a bit about how the irs works. I'm no longer afraid to talk to them because I had to call so much.
Fun workplace. Very money motivated. If you work hard you make money.
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 8, 2013
Everything was great. It was all about work. The hours were long but I learned a lot and I will take that knowledge with me.
Disorganized
Director of US Sales & Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2012
A lot of hard work people trying their best. They work long hours.

2.8