Corporate Payroll Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Co workers are grear but management is noy very effective
Payroll Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 2, 2017
I enjoy working at CPS. However, I feel that upper management does not incentivize employees properly. There are not many bonuses/incentives that are comparable for the work performed. Communication between departments is lacking and streamlined procedures are a weakness. The record keeping is mostly paper and I think electronic would be more efficient. Paid holidays are wonderful and using paid time off is an easy request.
Fast paced
Director Of Sales Training & Development (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 11, 2017
I started in sales but quickly progressed to sales training and development. I was the leading sales rep for 26 months straight. The culture can be overwhelming for some but if you produce, you are rewarded very well
Pros
Fast paced, greets pay
Cons
lots of turnover
Productive Work Environment
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Awesome Work Place .. Goal Orientated .... Great Environment with lots of positivity ......Awesome Co Workers ... Wonderful Staff Dedicated Management to keeping the employees happy
Very little work/life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 11, 2015
Corporate Payroll Services is a company that was started over 20 years ago, but still hasn't taken the step to modernize. There is an observable distinction between upper management and 'regular' employees. Suggestions are requested, but not appreciated or incorporated. There is very little room for growth in this company. The technology is outdated.
Appointment setter/ data entry
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 5, 2014
B2b outgoing calls for sales team. Appointment setter and payrol sign up and changes for company
Fantastic Company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2014
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The staff across the entire company was so helpful while I was training. I felt like I had so much support at all times. There is a real team feel there. Employees here work very hard and care about their clients very much. This is a fantastic company at every level.
Pros
There are many incentives to work hard. This was a job I actually liked.
Cons
Payroll is a hard industry you have to be smart in order to make it.
A lot of Training
Payroll Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes contacting clients and processing payroll, filing invoices, and solving issues related to payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
Not your typical sales environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 13, 2013
This is a telemarketing position. Typical work day consists of using a list of business called "leads" to cold call businesses in an attempt to sale payroll services.

There seems to be little growth opportunities and if your quota is not met within three weeks, termination is in your near future.

Management walks around making sure you are on the phone at all times.

Fridays are more relaxed with BBQs (sometimes) and a weekly golf game during break time to earn incentives (the potential to earn taxed cash)

The hours are 8:58 am - 4pm with a one hour lunch in between.

The hardest part of the job is constantly getting rejected by annoyed business owners who receive multiple calls from the company a month and requesting to be put on the "DO NO CALL LIST"

The most enjoyable part of the job is the interesting co-workers, occasional BBQs, and the weekly golf game with cash prize potential.
Pros
BBQs, Cash incentives
Cons
no benefits, no full time hours, short breaks
Excellent foundation for dealing with irs
Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
This position taught me quite a bit about how the irs works. I'm no longer afraid to talk to them because I had to call so much.
Fun workplace. Very money motivated. If you work hard you make money.
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 8, 2013
Everything was great. It was all about work. The hours were long but I learned a lot and I will take that knowledge with me.
Disorganized
Director of US Sales & Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2012
A lot of hard work people trying their best. They work long hours.