Corporation Service Company

Corporation Service Company Employer Reviews

The work is fast paced
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: they did do office parties for holidays
Cons: pressure to perform
The work is fast paced combined with a high level of attention to detail.

What I learned: I learned to handle time sensitive documents for starting or filing a corporation and submitting them to the office of the Secretary of State for further reviewing. Dealing with corporations that are suspended which included dealing with Franchise Tax Board matters – more... to get corporations back in good standing.
I learned to process documents for Service of Process.

Management is not hostile. They are quite civil and professional. But not always fair to the employees when it comes to balancing your job and your personal life. With the exception of a life threatening emergency.

Co-workers are easy to get a long with for the most part.

Hardest part of the job is the level of expectation and pressure to perform that is placed on an employee being best described as " militant".
The company has extremely high standards for perfection. Unfortunately the pay or reward in return doesn't meets the level of commitment shown by an employee. The performance reviews are tough and difficult to meet as well.

But it's a good place to start if you want to gain experience to take elsewhere.

Enjoyable part of the job: I met wife through an agency the company corresponded with that she was working for. – less
Nice place to work poor management
Business Management Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management, pay, micro-management in some depts.
Management needs adjusting. You'll learn that most of the time management has no idea as to what has taken place or is needed on the operational side of things. There is no communication within management. Great company to work for but pay is on the low end and again, management needs "MANAGING". There is room for advancement but more laterally; no – more... increase in pay just a better title. – less
Leading corporate services provider with a good atmosphere
Annual Reports Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 28, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria, strong teamwork principles, good employee relations, easy to reach location, free gym
Cons: little opportunity to advance, new leadership has seen a departure from previous focus on employee morale
CSC is constantly hiring and is growing at an incredible rate. The company still holds true to a core belief in taking care of their employees. All around a good place to work for anybody looking for a job in business.
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, bonuses, pay raises, fun work environment
Cons: inconsistency in training; possible termination while in training if metrics are not met, need to provide more detail to applicants regarding the training process so can know what to expect
I think CSC is a fun place to work. It is more like a family operated environment rather than just a place to just call work. Every once and a while, the company will have events that will help take the employees minds off work a little bit to keep the employees from feeling overloaded at work. However, there is so much inconsistency between training – more... and management. Because of their being so much inconsistency in training your lucky if you finish or can move forward in your position. If you make it through training, plan to stay because it is a great place to work. – less
Great culture for new graduates
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, food days
Cons: low pay, too much change in management
CSC takes pride in a positive work environment, where small teams work hard to clearly see the benefits of work.
Growing Company that Values Employees
N/A (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2014
The environment at CSC is relaxed and the sharing of ideas and process improvement is encouraged and rewarded.
Good Corporate Culture
Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 18, 2013
Nice privately owned company which is growing fast. One of the industry leaders with high income opportunities within its sales organization.
Fast pacing and supportive environment
Client Manager II (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: once in awhile free lunches, monthly office cooking challenges, every other month office massages, fresh fruit delivery once a week
Cons: workload
Corporation Service Company (CSC) is a great company to work for. The people are very supportive and helpful. The organization of the business is well organized and clearly defines each team's responsibilities. Each member of every team is highly knowledgeable in their specialized field.

The hardest part of the job is the work load. The amount of work – more... can be overwhelming. The expectation of the company is to learn the company's products and new processes quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the work environment and my colleagues. – less
Company with good potential!
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great team members, fun and relaxed work environment, casual dress
Cons: micromanagement, pay raises, managerial training/accountability/compliance
CSC is a great place to work overall. There is some training and compliance lack as it pertains to managerial behavior and protocol, but the people there are great! You can definitely excel with the skills provided during your work experience at the company. There are some bad apples in management that can target specific employees and make you feel – more... unappreciated. If you work there under a great manager, try to stay with that manager as long as you can. There is no real consistency in how managers treat employees across the board. – less
Sallie Mae was a very comfortable place to work
Senior Account Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEJune 11, 2013
Sallie Mae was a great place to work for anyone who is goal driven. They will give you all the tools you need to succeed.
Great people and wonderful work-life balance.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMay 22, 2013
Pros: pto, people
Cons: pay, advancement
Management is great. There are a lot of managers in each division being that it is a global company. Great PTO and a great place to learn. The only drawback is the relatively flat company heirarchy and lack of advancement opportunities. Pay is not bad, but not great. Overall I have fun at work and the good outweight the negative.
Interesting Work, Great People = Great Place to Work
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: many opportunities to learn and grow, i work with many talented and interesting people.
Cons: current company apparel vendor products don't hold up as well as the prior vendor.
Fast paced work environment where there are always new challenges, things to learn, and ways to upgrade your job skills. Management 'grew up' in the business and uses the perspective to make smart forecasting decisions. The company has grown steadily during my employment, and employees have benefitted as a result. CSC hires great people, so the office – more... environment is fun. I consider many of my colleagues like family. – less
Great place to work!
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 21, 2013
CSC is a great place to work. Although it's a large and growing company, it still feels like a small family run business. There are endless opportunities to grow in your career and challenge yourself. The people are fantastic and we all work as a team. We are hard working but still not how to have fun!
Agile IT Shop Where You Can Grow and Learn
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great people, learn new technologies, agile scrum, growing company
Cons: your friends and family probably won't know who csc is (or will think it's the other csc)
It's exciting to be part of a company that is delivering winning solutions to customers and growing like crazy. People are encouraged to innovate and we steadily adopt new technologies that help us move faster and improve the experience of those using our solutions. The company is willing to invest in new technologies where it makes sense.

Management – more... is trying hard to provide a high-performing team culture and seems to really care about being the employer of choice for IT professionals. People who can't get along with others don't last, which means you actually tend to enjoy your working relationships.

Teams work hard and you need to stay on top of your game, but you're not expected or in any way encouraged to work crazy hours. – less
A Great Place to Work
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2013
Pros: the culture and work life balance.
Cons: only 7 holidays throughout the year.
I have worked in IT for CSC for over 9 years now and still find it a fun and interesting place to work. The environment is very fast paced and there is never a lack of interesting and challenging new tasks to tackle. The culture at CSC has provided an evnironment where I have been able to work with a lot of really well developed and like minded individuals.
A place where you can grow your talents and career
IT Manager (Current Employee), WilmingtonMarch 14, 2013
The best company I've worked for in a long time. They value your needs and help you grow in the areas you want. As a software developer it's a place that I've been able to explore new technologies and provide solutions that have a real impact on the business. Every day has been a new and exciting challenge. For folks new to management CSC has a vested – more... interest in ensuring you are successful and have put together programs to make sure you have all the information you need. As a new leader I've been overjoyed by the attention and training that have been provided. I've grown more in my 2 years than I have at any previous employer. It's a great and exciting place to be! – less
A large company that feels like a small one ...
IT Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: financially secure, good work/life balance, great people
Cons: there has got to be somethng ...
Many people ask me why I like CSC so much and what makes it different. I have worked primarily for smaller companies in the past, and always liked the closeness shared among the employees there. At CSC though, for as large as they are, you still get the same feeling. But, you also get the added bonus of a large, financially secure and dynamic company. – more... The values and standards that CSC has aren't just paid lip-service and put up on a wall for people to read ... everyone here believes in our values and it shows. – less
fun
Operation Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 1, 2013
This company is a fortune 500 company that I started working for the day after I graduated high school. At this company I learned how to manage high volumn of calls through the recesptionist desk and distribute them to the correct department. All co-workers were fun but always made sure the work was done.
fun
Great culture, productive people, and challenging work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: culture, people, type of work
Cons: parking
I love my job because of the type of work that I do and the people that I work with. I am in a support role and I enjoy helping people. The work is also challenging, so when I am able solve someone's issue, I am both satisfied that I was able to help them and that I was able to figure out the problem. The people I work with at CSC are all very friendly, – more... have great attitudes, and knowledgeable in what they do. I also love that CSC pays for performance. This keeps me motivated and eager to learn and do more. – less

About Corporation Service Company

Founded in 1899, Corporation Service Company is the industry-leading provider of business, legal and financial services. We provide – Read more

Corporation Service Company Photos