Corpus Christi Medical Center

Corpus Christi Medical Center Employer Reviews

Busy work environment that facilitates learning and experience
o Registered Nurse - Telemetry (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJune 11, 2014
The job provides a fast paced clinical setting in acute care. Have learned a great deal about providing patient care and performing the daily responsibilities of a nurse. Have enjoyed working as a member of a team to provide quality patient care and execute job requirements. It is a challenging career that provides lots of experience and learning opportunities.
Great job opportunity. I learned how to work with patients, employees, and physicians.
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Corpus Christi TXOctober 21, 2013
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: couldn't stay with company while in nursing school. basic 8-5 hours.
This position taught me so much. I was able to work my way up in the company while working on my nursing pre-requisites. I started off as a medical records clerk. I worked my way up to scheduling surgeries. My job duties ranged from filing charts, verifying patient benefits, obtaining proper authorization for special procedures.
Great place with usual ups and downs.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: great staff, flexible work days and hours.
Cons: not a lot of support offered for night shift
There was such a great environment among the staff. The Respiratory Department alone was very close and have known each other for years. The hardest part of the job was trying to chart right after each patient electronically. The managers wanted us to finish at the same time but even with the best time management skills it would be impossible to do – more... so without charting before you were even done with a patient. Another problem the RT department had was there were secure place to leave belongings such as purses and phones while on rounds. For whatever reason they took away the lockers.Workloads were not to bad but we did often found ourselves short staffed. – less