Corpus Christi Medical Center

Corpus Christi Medical Center Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse on Medical surgical floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 1, 2016
Recently graduated nurse, was looking to gain beneficial experience from the med-surg floor in order to expand nursing skills. The floor is not what I was expecting and I have found the job to be very stressful. The floor is short handed, high turnover, poor management, large patient to nurse ratio. It is too difficult to provide the care needed to the patients, with the 12-13 hour day you have. I have found that this is not the type of work that I would like to do. The staff is great, the patients are great. The fast pace helps the day go by quickly.
Pros
Great staff and patients
Cons
Busy floor
Surf Instructor
Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 28, 2016
It was a great experience. Nothing beats working on the beach. Management was poor but the co-workers I had made up for the poor management. I worked with a lot of children and some adults and taught them how to surf.
Doctors Regional is one of the best jobs I've ever had. It upholds superb professional standard and provides an amicable environment in which to work.
Social Worker/ (Current Employee) –  Corpus, TAMOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work begins with a busy morning. The intensity starts to wane around lunch time. Management is superb! Upper management are willing to address concerns and they always try to ensure a safe environment in which to work. The CEO the Corpus Christi area is very approachable and friendly.
Cost of living raises are available yearly, and benefits adequate to meet the economic demands.
HCA provides the tools neccessary to be successful at your job and also provides CEU's. Co workers for the most part are helpful and most try and go the extra mile.
The hardest part working in a hospital is dealing with outside vendors to which you have little to no control.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Deal with outside vendors.
Terrific Therapy Crew
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
The therapy team got along great, always had awesome chemistry with coworkers and they helped me develop intellectually as a student and prepared me for my board exams by allowing me to tackle complex case studies.
Pros
Excellent chemistry and teamwork within the therapy and nursing crew.
Cons
Hesitant to allow me to tackle wound care objectives
Great
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 23, 2015
I absolutely hated to leave this job but it couldn't be helped because I had to move to Delaware for family reasons. Working in PBX as a switchboard operator was my most favorite job I have ever had.
Productive, friendly, proficient
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasOctober 19, 2015
Coordinating daily activities of the Labor and Delivery Unit, scheduling procedures, assisting patients physicians and other staff with daily routines
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Great job opportunity. I learned how to work with patients, employees, and physicians.
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi TXOctober 21, 2013
This position taught me so much. I was able to work my way up in the company while working on my nursing pre-requisites. I started off as a medical records clerk. I worked my way up to scheduling surgeries. My job duties ranged from filing charts, verifying patient benefits, obtaining proper authorization for special procedures.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Couldn't stay with company while in nursing school. Basic 8-5 hours.
Focused on audits and documentation.
Charge RN/House (Nursing) Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 4, 2012
Position not as stable as originally presented and feel the need to move on.
Difficulty with day to day operations including obtaining medications and supplies.
No "official" on the clock time to review policies pertinent to each campus/facility within the overall organization.
Expected to override physician orders and decisions.
Pros
benefits including health insurance, dental and vision.
Cons
punitive work environment at one facility
Great place with usual ups and downs.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 17, 2013
There was such a great environment among the staff. The Respiratory Department alone was very close and have known each other for years. The hardest part of the job was trying to chart right after each patient electronically. The managers wanted us to finish at the same time but even with the best time management skills it would be impossible to do so without charting before you were even done with a patient. Another problem the RT department had was there were secure place to leave belongings such as purses and phones while on rounds. For whatever reason they took away the lockers.Workloads were not to bad but we did often found ourselves short staffed.
Pros
Great staff, flexible work days and hours.
Cons
Not a lot of support offered for night shift
Work environment
Behavioral Health Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 22, 2015
Over all this is an ethical environment to work in and love the staff I work with in my department. The most enjoyable part of my job is the members of the community I have developed relationships with and assist with their needs on a day to day basis.
A great to work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 31, 2015
I am a Medical Lab Technician. I do general lab work. Management is great as well and the work place. They have fairly competitive pay and benefits.
Great place to work.
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 29, 2015
This was an absolutely great place to work. My co workers were phenomenal. Everyone had their ducks in a row and knew their job. Great environment and great benefits.
Good teamwork
Full-time, Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 12, 2014
providing high quality care to patients with compassion. Good Teamwork. Maintain all licensure and credentials
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
short staff can be challenging

4.4