Corpus Christi State Supported Living Center

Corpus Christi State Supported Living Center United States Employee Reviews

I audit client records
Unified Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TxMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits-healthcare, holidays and great co-workers
Cons: management doesn't want to be held accountable for anything
Typical day I go from home to home doing audits and come back to my office and do a monitoring tool for each audit. I learned that doctors and nurses can make mistakes. Management is fine, but will not sign off on anything. The hardest part is that I can't do my job unless some else does their job first. Interacting with client.
Not an enjoyable experience
Food Service Worker I (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I was made to prepare and serve a 3 course meal with 3 main course options daily for 125 residents, by my self in 4 hours. I was called in on almost every day off. Overtime was not properly paid, which lead to a class action lawsuit. I received vacation days but was not allowed to ever take them. The residents and co-workers were the best part about the job, and the only thing that made it bearable. Management was terrible.
DSP current employee
DSP (Current Employee), Corpus Christi TxDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: managment, some staff tl
I love working here , new employee they started 12s and im not reliable to work it , coming from my RCs mouth because I called in 2 times since the 2 1/2 months I been there , they have had call ins from employees like crazy that is why they are working 12s , but im not reliable. I work my butt off , I think everyone should get a chance to work over time if they want to it will just be up to the employee if they want to stay employed , I love my job but Managment going the way they are is a reason why ppl dont wanna be there , some of the staff act like they are in high school still , ugly faces being made to you , no communication. Also pay should be different from others some dorms work harder than others .
productive and busy place to work
Direct Contact Staff (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and overtime availability
Cons: short breaks
it is a living center for the mentally ill and disable. I assisted the residents in daily life activities such as feeding. cleaning, bathing and changing.
Unique experience
QDDP (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 12, 2014
As a case manager, I had twenty-two people under my supervision. They had extreme developmental disabilities and relied on their caregivers for all aspects of their care. I worked as part of team along with a psychologist and a registered nurse to help make decisions concerning each person's day-to-day life. I worked with a wide variety of people including physicians, therapists, work coaches, active treatment staff, and caregivers to meet the varied needs of each resident of the facility who was on my caseload.
DSP
DSP1 (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: working with people with disabilities
Cons: staff and pay
as a DSP we help individuals with their daily living skills, in addition we help the bath,toilet and dress them selves for work. working around individuals with disabilities is the only fun part about the job; but if i had too rate the staff on a scale 0-10 i would give them a 0 the work environment, and staff is just ugly their attitudes and the way the talk to people is just not business like.
Assisting adults with disabilities
Assistant for Special Needs Adults (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJune 11, 2013
Pros: fun environment and fast paced job
Cons: short breaks and some forced overtime
Help individuals with daily living skills such as: bathing, feeding, getting individuals to and from work, getting individuals to and from class, and providing a fun interactive environment while engaging individuals in active treatment.
If you really need a job
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
This place isn't a place I would recommend to someone that isn't willing to work hard. If you have patience and are a hard worker then you might like it for about a few months. The benefits are why I stayed there for about 4 years. Other than that, I wouldn't go back there. Management needs a lot of work and the entry level positions suffer from that fall out. With that being said, the personal rewards for working here are great. You are able to help out people that really need help. It's a good feeling knowing that you're helping people that can't help themselves.
Fun place to work at.
ORTHOPEDIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2013
Pros: monday to friday, 8 to 5 p.m
Cons: not making enough money
Fun place to work at plus I get to meet alot of people.I worked with O/t's,P/T's,Speech.It's a great department to work for.We are probably the funnest department in the whole campus.
Great job.
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: work weekends
Working at CCSSLC taught me the many ways people can beautiful even when they aren't what society says is normal. It has humbled me beyond my years. I am thankful to have worked with such amazing individuals.
To much drama for among my co-workers. Which is why I resigned.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 16, 2012
Pros: for me the ability to help those less fortunate
Cons: most co-workers didn't take the job serious enough. lack of "care"
I enjoyed this job very much because it was rewarding.
I resigned because no one got a long and it seemed that after my 1 yr mark there that most people there even upper mgmt thought of it as just a pay check. The lack of moral was a big turn off and I didn't care to be apart of it any longer.

Corpus Christi State Supported Living Center Salaries