Corpus Christi State Supported Living Center Employee Reviews

Adequate
Director of Behavior Services, Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 19, 2017
The system has changed and not sure that my skill set is best utilized there. I have been able to be productive and like the individuals that I serve. Would be content to stay, but would like to challenge myself to expand my skill set.
Typical Day?
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2017
A typical at CCSS is not so much typical. Everyday is different from the previous depending on the behaviors of your clients. In Terms of Management, it is very strict because of the general culture. If you have a passion to work with elders and or mentally challenged individuals, this is the perfect employer for you.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
long hours, ok pay
Fun and fulfilling place to work
Physical Nutrition Management Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 5, 2016
Organizations skills are a must have! Fun and knowledgeable job if you are willing to learn your job fully. Work close with physical and occupational therapists.
Pros
Learn a lot about physical and occupational therapy
Great experience
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 13, 2016
The shifts are long and the clients can be difficult. The pay and benefits are worth it. Must have a lot of patience. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Fulfilling work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2016
I didn't work there very long but the few months that I did work there were quite wonderful. My coworkers made me want to show up for work. We worked as a team and got to make lives of the clients who lived there as comfortable as possible.
Too much politics
QDDP (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 20, 2015
Anyone who has ever worked here knows that this is the one job that makes you always do "other duties assigned" without the possibility of a raise or advancement!
na
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 20, 2015
This place takes advantage of you and makes you feel like your own family is not important and your world only revolves around them. overtime is not paid time and a half. you are on salary so they can take advantage of you.
Very Productive was always on task.
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
My job was to train residents social skills that they are able to learn and not forget so that they could be placed out in to the community.
I learn a lot working at CCSSLC most importantly to do my job the best that I could because I learn that no one is going to help me out but myself.
Management was easy to talk to but not always supportive.
The hardest part of my job was learning to do things myself and learning from my mistakes.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the residents, the love and respect they give.

Comment – April 12, 2016

I second this statement... I too was a Rehab Technician (former employee) and I have to say this is well said took the words right out of my mouth.

Good Job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for the state school very much. The hours were good and the employees were friendly I had fun working there.
fun rewarding challenging family
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 7, 2015
Exciting, productive, challenging, rewarding for the staff and residents, fun work place, you become more of a family with your coworkers, very rewarding knowing you make a difference in someones life.
I audit client records
Unified Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TxMarch 10, 2015
Typical day I go from home to home doing audits and come back to my office and do a monitoring tool for each audit. I learned that doctors and nurses can make mistakes. Management is fine, but will not sign off on anything. The hardest part is that I can't do my job unless some else does their job first. Interacting with client.
Pros
Great benefits-Healthcare, holidays and great co-workers
Cons
Management doesn't want to be held accountable for anything
Not an enjoyable experience
Food Service Worker I (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I was made to prepare and serve a 3 course meal with 3 main course options daily for 125 residents, by my self in 4 hours. I was called in on almost every day off. Overtime was not properly paid, which lead to a class action lawsuit. I received vacation days but was not allowed to ever take them. The residents and co-workers were the best part about the job, and the only thing that made it bearable. Management was terrible.
DSP current employee
DSP (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi TxDecember 2, 2014
I love working here , new employee they started 12s and im not reliable to work it , coming from my RCs mouth because I called in 2 times since the 2 1/2 months I been there , they have had call ins from employees like crazy that is why they are working 12s , but im not reliable. I work my butt off , I think everyone should get a chance to work over time if they want to it will just be up to the employee if they want to stay employed , I love my job but Managment going the way they are is a reason why ppl dont wanna be there , some of the staff act like they are in high school still , ugly faces being made to you , no communication. Also pay should be different from others some dorms work harder than others .
benefits
Cons
Managment, some staff TL
productive and busy place to work
Direct Contact Staff (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2014
it is a living center for the mentally ill and disable. I assisted the residents in daily life activities such as feeding. cleaning, bathing and changing.
Pros
great pay and overtime availability
Cons
short breaks
Unique experience
QDDP (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 12, 2014
As a case manager, I had twenty-two people under my supervision. They had extreme developmental disabilities and relied on their caregivers for all aspects of their care. I worked as part of team along with a psychologist and a registered nurse to help make decisions concerning each person's day-to-day life. I worked with a wide variety of people including physicians, therapists, work coaches, active treatment staff, and caregivers to meet the varied needs of each resident of the facility who was on my caseload.
Dsp
DSP1 (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 19, 2014
as a DSP we help individuals with their daily living skills, in addition we help the bath,toilet and dress them selves for work. working around individuals with disabilities is the only fun part about the job; but if i had too rate the staff on a scale 0-10 i would give them a 0 the work environment, and staff is just ugly their attitudes and the way the talk to people is just not business like.
Pros
working with people with disabilities
Cons
staff and pay
Assisting adults with disabilities
Assistant for Special Needs Adults (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasJune 11, 2013
Help individuals with daily living skills such as: bathing, feeding, getting individuals to and from work, getting individuals to and from class, and providing a fun interactive environment while engaging individuals in active treatment.
Pros
Fun environment and fast paced job
Cons
Short breaks and some forced overtime
If you really need a job
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2013
This place isn't a place I would recommend to someone that isn't willing to work hard. If you have patience and are a hard worker then you might like it for about a few months. The benefits are why I stayed there for about 4 years. Other than that, I wouldn't go back there. Management needs a lot of work and the entry level positions suffer from that fall out. With that being said, the personal rewards for working here are great. You are able to help out people that really need help. It's a good feeling knowing that you're helping people that can't help themselves.
Benefits
Fun place to work at.
ORTHOPEDIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2013
Fun place to work at plus I get to meet alot of people.I worked with O/t's,P/T's,Speech.It's a great department to work for.We are probably the funnest department in the whole campus.
Pros
Monday to Friday, 8 to 5 p.m
Cons
Not making enough money
Great job.
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiFebruary 16, 2013
Working at CCSSLC taught me the many ways people can beautiful even when they aren't what society says is normal. It has humbled me beyond my years. I am thankful to have worked with such amazing individuals.
Pros
health care
Cons
work weekends