Correct Care Solutions

Correct Care Solutions Employee Reviews

Contract nurse staffing
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 25, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay
Cons: Lack of supplies
CCS is a contractor currently providing nursing staff to the Davidson County Sheriff's Office. The pay is fair but the facilities are understaffed and often low on supplies.
Good benefits
Administrative Assistant/Medical Records (Current Employee), Lagrange, KYJune 25, 2015
CCS offers good benefits and competitive pay. The working conditions are in the prison setting, so very limited amount of personal belongings can be taken on the job with you.
Not good
Case Manager (Current Employee), AlabamaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Work hours
Cons: Pay/Benefits
You can get some great work experience if you dont mind the low pay, bad benefits and lack of job security.
Management does not communicate well with staff.
I have had this job
Mental Health Coordinator (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJune 23, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and excellent supervisor; good pay
Cons: there are a lot of details to learn
I have had this job for 6 years. Most of the reviews here are written by medical staff and are not consistent with my experience as a counselor. First, Correct Care Solutions is a growing company with opportunities for advancement.
The job is primarily counseling. The jail population is very similar to the patients you see at a community mental health center. You provided counseling to those with chronic mental illness to keep them as stable as possible. Another element is suicide prevention services which includes completing risk assessments and counseling those who are suicidal. In this role you would provide in-service education to medical and corrections staff. The third group of patients seen are those who are in crisis.
The job includes supervision of one or two other counselors,. There are some administrative tasks such as completing monthly reports and participating in management meetings.
Overall it is a great job with good compensation for someone who likes to work in a fast paced environment. It is never boring!
it's a good job
MHT/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 21, 2015
If you like nursing well it's the job for you.the job is more laidback you know you mostly just chill and play games with the patients
Good workplace with benefits
LPN (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 18, 2015
Pros: PRN Staffing
Cons: short staffing
always a good work day. always educational opportunities, positive
cooperative management, great productive co-workers. Nothing hard about the job. The right people doing the right things.
I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE LOCAL MANAGEMENT AT MY SITE.
WILL COUNTY ADULT FACILITY (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: very good support from management.
Cons: LACK OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEES
I have enjoyed working at this job, it is a different sector of nursing that has provided me with ability to use my nursing skills effectively. Very good team work, very good support from management.
Busy pace
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: The bonuses received for perfect attendance
Cons: The elimination of third shift..
Primary duties consisted of filing and pulling charts. Collective team effort getting the job done. Hardest part was trying to locate missing charts.The most enjoyable part was the ability to complete the filing and locating the requested charts.
Fast paced correctional facility.
RN at Louisville Metropolitan Jail (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great people.
Cons: No time to take proper breaks
Typical day at work for me involved triage of fresh arrests as they were booked into the correctional facility I work at. This included obtaining a medical, and medication history, as well as providing necessary first aid to wounds the inmates had prior to being arrested. I was responsible for obtaining MD orders to continue medications that inmates would need while incarcerated. Also responsible for obtaining the proper referrals to mental health, and chronic care units.
I learned to use time management skills to juggle multiple issues on a regular basis.Including the above mentioned skills, I was also asked to render aid when inmates were involved in altercations, and also required to do a basic psychological evaluations, and if required for patient safety, placing them in medical observations prior to being seen by mental health staff.
Management, was okay. I do not have any complaints nor do I have any compliments. My coworkers were wonderful. They helped out all the time and we worked together to make the work easier on each other.
The hardest part of the job was the pace. On a typical weekday the jail would book in up to 70 fresh arrests a night, this is on top of courts from other facilities, HIP returns, and transfers from the work release facility to jail.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the challenge to make sure the job was done correctly, and helping my coworkers and the inmates.
Overall, fair company to work for
Staff member (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2015
Correct Care Solutions provide structure and resources for it's clients. However, can improve with resources for on-site training of staff and training to acclimate the staff to company-specific policies.
Uncertain company with uncertain future
Regional Medical Director (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 27, 2015
As above. Too many changes too fast. Questionable decision-making abilities at the right level. Don't wish to say anything further.
horrible company
LPN (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: worked with incredible deputies employed from the county
Cons: the whole company
I broke my foot on the job and I was denied workman's comp. I lost almost a month of pay and still I was denied any workman's comp, spent weeks trying to contact human resources and ended up terminated with no explanation 3 months later. I have yet to find out why.
Very safe work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Dekalb County Jail, Decatur GaMay 23, 2015
Great company to work for, they have concern and love for their employees. I will love to come back into the this company if given the opportunity.
ever changing working environment
Registered Nurse, Corrections (Former Employee), South Portland, MEMay 18, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: being per diem
A typical day at work: depending on which shift you work can vary from passing medications or assisting MD with Doctor's hours.

What I learned: thorough and concise assessments and exams

Management: Hard to rate due to management not being on site.

Co-workers: supportive and knowledgable

hardest part of the job is working with imprisoned youth and substance abusers

most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping pts and assisting the ill both mentally and physically.
awful administrative staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 10, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They treat their staff poorly. I can't wait to find another job. Do not apply here.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMay 7, 2015
Work can be productive when others work together in teams and do not assume that others will pick up each other's slack. Sometimes it is very hard to get a lunch or even sit down because you are always on the go, also very rarely do you get recongition from upper management for the good things you do.
Best place to work
NextGen Developer (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMay 4, 2015
Pros: the environment perfect to work in
Cons: They lost the contract.
No micro management, people worked there, not a cog in a machine.
Management cared about the conditions at work and home. The best place ever.
Comfortable work environment * great co-workers
HRIS Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule - close to home
Cons: substantial growth
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping everyone in the field with their new hire/onboarding questions and paperwork.
Correctional health RN working in booking intake nights can be a very stressful occupation.
Registered Nurse Correctional Health (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: non-union position, overworked at times, safety concerns.
There are so many variables working in correctional health third tour the night shift; including colleagues, correctional officers, and the inmates.
Safety and accountability are of first concern when working in correctional health.
Night shift is a standard skeleton crew, and as work loads increase, and intake numbers fluctuating, and the burden of additional assignments including penitentary court medication/treatments make time management a huge part of this tour.
It is a high paying hourly position, with no union to back you up if necessary.
Overall it was a stressfull, well paying job that I no longer wish to expose my self to, and the negativity that accompanies such an occupation.
Think Twice before working here
Nurse (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Better than no job.
Cons: No respect. Bullies in management.
Constant turnover, like a revolving door. Low pay. Often forced to work at desk or answer stat call;s for a headache or hemmorhoids during lunch. Petty politics and criticism. Management short staffs and if anything goes it's on you. Love to write up. Poor or no training. They do not listen to staff. Managers suck up to jail staff and inmates instead of standing up for us. They are borrowing our staff to do take overs of other jails as they buy more and more companies. They do not take care of us. Loads of work and not supported.

1 2 3 4 5