CorrectHealth

CorrectHealth Employee Reviews

Lpn
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux laAugust 23, 2015
Supervisior is very unfair and do not help you no lunch break and they take your 30 min daily. Most of the co workers are good
Pros
Cons
Supervisior is unfair. Do not get a lunch break.
NURSE AT CORRECTHEALTH
LPN (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 11, 2015
I think they need to look at their benefits and pay scale. They want you to be company friendly but they do not care about their employees
Pros
free lunch provided by correctional facility
Cons
awful benefits
LPN Bartow County Jail
LPN (Former Employee) –  CartersvilleJuly 13, 2015
STAY FAR AWAY!!!!! This place IS HORRIBLE. Very short training. No support from staff, lost 4 employees in one's month time. Very evil, vindictive, aggressive, gossiping, unhappy, overworked, underpaid, lazy staff of nurses. No one is there to help you out especially when new. Micro-managing and battle of the shifts was sicking. They love to smile in your face and talk about you behind your back, very childish group. They always assume the inmates are lying about their conditions. They treat humans like caged animals. Deputies always short staffed. Deputies always stated, "I hate coming to medical" and would show it. License always in jeopardy. Pay is low, great schedule, food is horrible, workload is overwhelming especially for 6pm to 6am staff. No supervisors or managers (they all quit), a lot of smokers taking more breaks than allowed. This group of nurses are filled with misery and hate. They have truly lost their ability to be good people and great nurses. Everyday got worst and unhealthy being around a group of nurses who have lost their true meaning of being a patients advocate. The most enjoyable part of this job was the fast pace wealth of knowledge that I acquired. You definitely have to have concrete skin to join this group of unhappy employees. As they always say misery loves company. WARNING.....Do not apply for this job!
Pros
Schedule (12hr shifts) every other weekend off
Cons
No breaks, smokers, no help, evil nursing staff, low pay, shift battle, deputies low staffed, mirco-managing
management
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 7, 2015
management is well structured. Management had open door status at all times. Will assist employees in problems, work or personal.
Good place to work.
Great Company with Exciting Atmosphere!
LPN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 13, 2015
Really enjoyed my time with CorrectHealth! It was a really exciting and fast paced envinorment that allowed me to develop my skills and critical thinking abilities. My co-wokers were really awesome as well as management. The culture of the facility was great which made my time with CorrectHealth that much more enjoyable. All in all, it was a great place to work!
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB/ HIGH TURNOVER RATE FOR A REASON.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centerville LouisianaAugust 30, 2014
Not a place for career advancement. Very negative work environment, corrections environment NOT the issue. Skimped on necessary care for patients/inmates. Complaints/conditions ignored by nursing staff, nurse manager. Three day's training is correct, but for the level of care they want you to deliver, it's sufficient. Female deputies like to dictate what nurses do and when, which also limits the care you are able to provide. Your ability to provide care is hindered at every turn both by staff of Sheriff's Dept (chronically short staffed) and your management. Upper level management seems oblivious to inappropriate personal relationship between staff members, which further contributes to a negative environment.
Cons
sheriff's dept chronically short staffed, potential safety issues, disrepair of inmate facility combined with inadequate care, management of medical department detrimental.
great place
patient (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 27, 2014
I left due to my move to out of state.
Management is great and handles situations directly. Understanding to situations that may arise. Management willing to work with its employees.
do not apply for this job!!! High turnover rates for a reason!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LouisianaJuly 28, 2014
I was really excited about this job. I really was. Then I got in there and saw what a sink hole I was working in. I wanted to die. I was given three days to orient to a very fast paced clinic. The clinic rests within a jail. Not only was I acclimating to the clinic itself, but also to the jail environment. I requested more time to acclimate and learn the ropes. The response I got when requesting more orientation time was "you got more orientation time than any other employee before you". So at that point I felt like I was asking for too much. My voice was never heard and I was hushed many times and told "you got this". The transitional nursing duties at staff change were eschew. A LOT of things that should have been done weren't being done. There was a guard there for my protection who was trying to toss her weight around as a nurse and undermine my every move and decision in the clinic. She needed to be put in her place. It took a month before she could be reassigned out of the clinic. You can imagine my frustration with this situation as a new employee. Quality control was dismal. I resent my employment fully with correcthealth.
Cons
terrible management, pricey family healthcare costs, very little training
Great Company
Health Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2013
This is a fast paced job for an LPN you must be able to handle it, this is a great company to work for and I have enjoyed working for them!
Fast paced enjoyable environment
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT/HR & PAYROLL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 24, 2013
Really enjoyable environment, fast paced, very productive day dealing with the human resources aspect of the job. Typical day was extremely busy and productive. Loved the atmosphere and my co-workers.
Not family friendly
LPN (Current Employee)June 20, 2011
I was conned into the position with day shift, then 3 days before I started, after I put my notice in at another job, they said it would be second shift. I felt that this was dishonest. I have a small chils at home and my husband works as well, so now my child is never with me, dinner is never on the table. supervisors are always threatening in one way or another, people tend to talk too much.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not family friendly

2.9