Correctional Medical Services Employee Reviews

Create attractive incentive since it was contractual employment
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Howard County, MDAugust 10, 2017
It was a contractual assignment and does not have much benefits that could attract someone who is looking for a stable and conducive career with a retirement package.
Pros
CMS provides daily morning coffee for staff and occasional lunch when there are regional meetings
Cons
No adequate time off for employees
A little scary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2017
This job was located in the Mobile Jail. At times it was a little scary, because I had to enter parts of the jail where the prisoners were not very secure. I organized all the forms and documents for the nurses. Took meeting minutes involving the Warden and other personnel. I learned some medical terms, since i had to make appointments for the prisoners.
Pros
Liked the importance of the job
Cons
Didn't like being close to the prisoners
Cms
Statewide Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 7, 2017
I thoroughly like working for CMS. Their main offices are quite far away from my home now. They are a very committed group of people.................
Correctional Nursing
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2016
Correctional Nursing is not for everyone. Unappreciated by the management and very unprofessional. The benefit package was horrible and very expensive.
Pros
Cons
No benefits/medical
correctional Nurse
Fulltime correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 13, 2016
fun job, great coworkers patients were polite.difficulty getting patients to take their medication. and the best part was making a difference
learned a lot about humility and humanity. Sharpened med/surg skills and picked up psych skills. always learning.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
62 miles from home
Structured and exciting environment to work.
Medical Assistant/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2016
Extremely interesting to see the correctional environment from within.
This job helped to destroy any and all stereotypes of the dedicated correctional officer and show them as the true law enforcement professionals that are trained to be.
loved working for this company
Contracted staff at CCNO (Former Employee) –  Stryker ohioOctober 13, 2015
Good people in corporate that helped out in so many ways. Site ran smooth operation and gave guidance. Good benefits and pay
great place to work
License Practical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami correctional facilityAugust 15, 2015
This job had very competent staff and security at its highest. Loved every minute of my employment and very satisfying position. Work hours were flexible.
Pros
everything
Cons
contracted position company went bankrupt
Caring
LPN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2015
It is nice and lovely place to work. Improved my skill in working with both pediatric patients and elderly. The company had provided me the opportunity of being confident in myself, and able to travel around the area of Baltimore to work without difficulties
Pros
Able to choose my own time to work
Cons
No benefits
The person that negotiated the contract was fired, enough said.
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2015
It was great work if you were supported by management. You were being asked to manage bad organizational culture, not change it. When ever something went wrong the administrator became a scapegoat to appease the client giving the appearance of improvement. I held the position longer than anyone preceding me and from what I have been told no one during the extent of the contract served as long as I had.
Pros
It paid well and had great benefits.
Cons
Health care providers and correctional staff had contrary missions providing constant tension.
Stressfule environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 7, 2015
Check appointment calendar. Review materials to update data bases. Sort and distribute mail. Review daily commitments with administrator. Answer phones.
Pros
Good money/benefits
Cons
Stressful environment at correctional institution
Exciting and exploring new work environment
RN (Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 7, 2015
My typical day would include seeing schedule patient, attending to emergency call, and intake assessment of new patient into the facility. Some days are busier than others but you always discover new things.
My co-worker are fun to work. Most of the time they are helpful. The hardest part about my job is not getting enough support from the co-workers. The most enjoyable part about my job is finding new exciting information about patients and helping them improve their health. The management is well balance.
Pros
Working with helpful people
Cons
Didn't get breaks. at time lack of team work.
ok place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2015
ok place to work very flexible and they like to eat ice cream. I would recommend this place to everyone this is all I will type out
t the the good outsource company
Director of Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 29, 2015
good outsource company that worked with correctional facilities.

Allow to work independetly to get the job done. ave no workd with them for awhile now
enjoyed corrections enviroment
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville Metro dept of CorrectionsJanuary 16, 2015
This was for correctional facility. Nurses must be at work and if a nurse called in another nurse was forced to work a double shift. Inmates are unpredictable and at times job culture was very stressful. I learned a lot and my assessment skills improved greatly. Performed anything from simple dressing changes to respond to a life or death situation. I loved my coworkers and we worked as a team to get the job done.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
being forced to work double shifts
downtown prison
Medication Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2015
This was a very enjoyable place to work, considering being around inmates. This was a fun job and I learned a lot from it.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
disrespectful inmates
Loved the experience, the exposure to all types of medical needs
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Omaha NENovember 8, 2014
Triaged and evaluated all incoming inmates for medical/psych issues. Medication dispensing, responding to emergencies within the facility, responded to inmate requests for appointments, medications, nurse sick call.
Loved the wide variety of medical issues that presented, learning how to manage nurse sick call, with balancing inmate needs and concerns.
Pros
Great experience, loved the job
Cons
Frustrating at times because of limitations related to facility
Unfair on my behalf to write anything about the company considering employed 3months, and also highly interested in re-entry7 into the same role.
Correctional Nursing Staff RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Unfair on my behalf to write anything about the company considering employed 3months, and also highly interested in re-entry into the same environmental type of role.
Very fast paced
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2014
CMS was a good paying job with very little acknowledgement for jobs well done. Favoritism was a very big part of management. People would be offered jobs on better shifts without them being posted. Morale was a problem with lots of office gossip and animosity.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Environment
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  frostproof, flMarch 24, 2014
Its different everyday. Its a good place to work.You learn something new everyday.