CORT Business Services

CORT Business Services Employee Reviews

horrible management , no advancement
N/A (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 7, 2016
Bad management, poor quality furniture, bad atmosphere, they will use you and dump you. This is corporation , it does not care about its people , only what is best for the COMPANY
Great opportunity
SENIOR RENTAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2016
You will learn a lot about the furniture industry and relocation industry. Also, you have the opportunity to form partnerships with apartment communities and businesses in the area.
TurnOVER Turnover poor management
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2016
Job culture had changed the last few years. It use to be a place work were you enjoyed coming in that all changed. You now have layers and layers of management to point that you don't know who is who and who you can reach out to. Be prepared to work long hours with constant pressure and absolutely no accountability from management with constant turnover from upper all the way to warehouse turnover.

Company is constantly adding more to your load with not enough training.

Coworkers for the most part are nice, inside sales team is a pretty good team enjoyed working with them. Your outside sales rep who has been there forever has no clue of basic skill with computer and is constantly causing furniture exchanges due to communication issues and a lot of blame game between inside sales and outside, You have your territory manager is a micromanager constantly trying to control everything. There is NO team that left the building with previous staff.

This place use to work as a family type of environment, it sad to see where it is heading it once had a lot of potential and was once a place with joy.
Pros
Cons
long hours, lack of communication, no accountablilty, operation driven, lack of caring for employees everyone is replaceable
High stress for manager who was not able to be pleased
Accounts Receivables / Collections / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Constant changes, not always for the best, but upper management won't change anything back once they push you off the cliff. Avoid this place at all costs.
Great Company to work for
Corporate Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2015
Local management was a little over the top. New management came in and decided to change everything up even thought the work flow was just fine. He was very self absorbed
Good way to gain experience / knowledge of industry
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 12, 2015
Lack of compassion from management and inability to flex under personal circumstances makes employees feel like numbers instead of valuable assets.
Benefits
Cons
Manager Unaccountability
I loved it, until I didn't
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  MDMay 28, 2015
As a Berkshire Hathaway I expected a great company. It was but following some acquisitions and changes in leadership, it lost accountability and became a blame game.
Pros
Lots of great people, concern for employee safety
Cons
Average compensation, blame game
Solid company, with poor management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren,MiApril 30, 2015
I worked at cort for 5 years. My co-workers were great, but the management was very bad. There was no communication between managers, and it left us employees to fend for ourselves most times. You work very long hours with temps that dont care and this makes your job that much tougher. In my time there I saw multiple supervisors come and go, and they never promote anybody from within.
Pros
Great co-workers and good benefits
Cons
Poor management, temps, long hours, and no opportunity for advancement.
Outside Sales
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Great company with great co-workers. Very fun working with apartment managers and staff. Enjoyed designing models and working with clients.
fun workplace
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 15, 2014
enjoy working with people from different culture. enjoy working with people that were had more experience then me and willing to share their knowledge.
Great Company to work for
Corporate Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Great Co-Workers
Loved working with Third party companies
Pay Good
Worked there for 19 years
Pros
Awesome Co Workers
Cons
Upper Management Team
I had a great manager
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  des moines iowaAugust 18, 2014
the safety came first and the manager was great. The team was great as well.
Small Office, Professional Environment
GENERAL COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 26, 2014
Very good place to work and build a career. The environment is professional and the leadership makes the work environment fun to be in.
Pros
Good Work-Life Balance
Nationwide Company With Lots of Opportunities
Retail (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream and SchaumburgMay 21, 2014
CORT is a nationwide Berkshire Hathaway Company owned by Warren Buffet. There are many opportunities nationwide and for advancement. My co-workers made us a team and work harder to exceed our goals.What I enjoyed most about my several different positions at CORT is that every day is different. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting others to listen and apply your ideas. Good or bad! I learned a lot of HR and management skills and appropriate conversations in the workplace.
Pros
Loved helping people & exceeding our goals & expectations
Cons
Not always having a voice or say in matters
there cool
Usher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
they say what to do and you do it . its simple they do not talk down . or talk like your stupid treat you with respect
Pros
good job
Cons
need more money
Fun but Very Stressfull
Consultant - Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 18, 2014
This is a sales job....you are compensated for what furniture you sell as a group. There is a budget number that must be met in order to receive commission. If you exceed the budget, you are capped. The management is lovely. I really liked my colleagues. Pressure from outside representatives make it stressful. Especially since you may already have a person in front of you and a person online that you are working with (all at the same time). The training could use some tweeking, but overall, it will take you six months to know what you are doing. And working all day without any sunshine can be very depressing.
Pros
Hour lunches and great staff
Cons
Punch in/out clocks like a warehouse, misleading compensation, disorganization
Tough work
Furniture delivery (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 5, 2013
I worked at CORT furniture for the summer a couple years back delivering and picking up furniture via truck. The work was extremely tiring in the summer heat. Carrying dressers and couches up flights of stairs gets really hard in the heat. The work itself kinda sucked, but u also get paid when driving to each location. So some days I would get like 4 hours of pay for just sitting in the truck. Also the management was kinda bad, but everyone I worked with was pretty cool.
Pros
Paid driving time
Cons
Tiring work, bad management
Run fast and be glad you did
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxDecember 4, 2013
Look at Glassdoor before you apply. I worked there for about 4 months. It was 4 months of hell. They rent furniture. Simple as that.
Hope you like the smell of chemicals that make you sick. They fix the furniture they rent and the smell is awful.

Management is insulting belligerent and about 20 years behind the curve. Only reason they are still in business is because they rent to apartment communities. Berkshire Hathaway owned.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
See above
creative sales through building relationships
Rental Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 30, 2013
I really enjoy working for CORT from my day to day responsibilites, to the challenge of showing the benifits of renting, to working with high end clients. I also enjoy being apart of a great team but being a leader at the same time.
Excellent place to work meeting new people great enviroment.
Clearance Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 26, 2013
Working with CORT was the best oppertunity since the military. The people you meet being able to help them design there homes or office was a wonderful exsperience. The key is knowing your product and providing the customer with the best quailty for there needs. CORT is like no other rental company. The quality, and structure are design to last our sales team were taught the sp;ecs so they can go over this with the customer. Items are sanitized and cleaned after Rental to be sold or rented again.
Pros
Helping todays youth also new business start ups.
Cons
Under Staff shortage of inventory for previous customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORT Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.