CORT Business Services

CORT Business Services Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Corporate Department Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2015
Local management was a little over the top. New management came in and decided to change everything up even thought the work flow was just fine. He was very self absorbed
Good way to gain experience / knowledge of industry
Customer Service (Current Employee), OhioJune 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Manager Unaccountability
Lack of compassion from management and inability to flex under personal circumstances makes employees feel like numbers instead of valuable assets.
I loved it, until I didn't
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Lots of great people, concern for employee safety
Cons: Average compensation, blame game
As a Berkshire Hathaway I expected a great company. It was but following some acquisitions and changes in leadership, it lost accountability and became a blame game.
Solid company, with poor management.
Driver (Former Employee), Warren,MiApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers and good benefits
Cons: Poor management, temps, long hours, and no opportunity for advancement.
I worked at cort for 5 years. My co-workers were great, but the management was very bad. There was no communication between managers, and it left us employees to fend for ourselves most times. You work very long hours with temps that dont care and this makes your job that much tougher. In my time there I saw multiple supervisors come and go, and they never promote anybody from within.
Outside Sales
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Great company with great co-workers. Very fun working with apartment managers and staff. Enjoyed designing models and working with clients.
fun workplace
CLERK (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GANovember 15, 2014
enjoy working with people from different culture. enjoy working with people that were had more experience then me and willing to share their knowledge.
Great Company to work for
Corporate Department Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: awesome co workers
Cons: upper management team
Great Co-Workers
Loved working with Third party companies
Pay Good
Worked there for 19 years
I had a great manager
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), des moines iowaAugust 18, 2014
the safety came first and the manager was great. The team was great as well.
Small Office, Professional Environment
GENERAL COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), West Chester, OHMay 26, 2014
Pros: good work-life balance
Very good place to work and build a career. The environment is professional and the leadership makes the work environment fun to be in.
Nationwide Company With Lots of Opportunities
Retail (Former Employee), Carol Stream and SchaumburgMay 21, 2014
Pros: loved helping people & exceeding our goals & expectations
Cons: not always having a voice or say in matters
CORT is a nationwide Berkshire Hathaway Company owned by Warren Buffet. There are many opportunities nationwide and for advancement. My co-workers made us a team and work harder to exceed our goals.What I enjoyed most about my several different positions at CORT is that every day is different. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting others to listen and apply your ideas. Good or bad! I learned a lot of HR and management skills and appropriate conversations in the workplace.
there cool
Usher (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: need more money
they say what to do and you do it . its simple they do not talk down . or talk like your stupid treat you with respect
Fun but Very Stressfull
Consultant - Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: hour lunches and great staff
Cons: punch in/out clocks like a warehouse, misleading compensation, disorganization
This is a sales job....you are compensated for what furniture you sell as a group. There is a budget number that must be met in order to receive commission. If you exceed the budget, you are capped. The management is lovely. I really liked my colleagues. Pressure from outside representatives make it stressful. Especially since you may already have a person in front of you and a person online that you are working with (all at the same time). The training could use some tweeking, but overall, it will take you six months to know what you are doing. And working all day without any sunshine can be very depressing.
Tough work
Furniture delivery (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILDecember 5, 2013
Pros: paid driving time
Cons: tiring work, bad management
I worked at CORT furniture for the summer a couple years back delivering and picking up furniture via truck. The work was extremely tiring in the summer heat. Carrying dressers and couches up flights of stairs gets really hard in the heat. The work itself kinda sucked, but u also get paid when driving to each location. So some days I would get like 4 hours of pay for just sitting in the truck. Also the management was kinda bad, but everyone I worked with was pretty cool.
Run fast and be glad you did
Sales (Former Employee), Dallas TxDecember 4, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: see above
Look at Glassdoor before you apply. I worked there for about 4 months. It was 4 months of hell. They rent furniture. Simple as that.
Hope you like the smell of chemicals that make you sick. They fix the furniture they rent and the smell is awful.

Management is insulting belligerent and about 20 years behind the curve. Only reason they are still in business is because they rent to apartment communities. Berkshire Hathaway owned.
creative sales through building relationships
Rental Consultant (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLOctober 30, 2013
I really enjoy working for CORT from my day to day responsibilites, to the challenge of showing the benifits of renting, to working with high end clients. I also enjoy being apart of a great team but being a leader at the same time.
Excellent place to work meeting new people great enviroment.
Clearance Center Manager (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 26, 2013
Pros: helping todays youth also new business start ups.
Cons: under staff shortage of inventory for previous customers
Working with CORT was the best oppertunity since the military. The people you meet being able to help them design there homes or office was a wonderful exsperience. The key is knowing your product and providing the customer with the best quailty for there needs. CORT is like no other rental company. The quality, and structure are design to last our sales team were taught the sp;ecs so they can go over this with the customer. Items are sanitized and cleaned after Rental to be sold or rented again.
To utilize my sales and business operation management skills in the multi-family housing industry.
Senior Account Representative, CORT (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2013
I truly enjoy this industry because of the relationships I get to develop with people and the ability to meet their needs. Being able to grow a business by coming up with new ways to serve the client base and being actively engaged in this industry has brought me great satisfaction. Being committed to excellence and work as a dynamic part of a team are two of my career passions. I am customer service and sales oriented. I have received Presidential Sales Excellence Award for 2008, 2009, and 2010 by exceeding my Individual Revenue Goal since 2008.
A job I miss
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDJune 26, 2012
Pros: a lot to learn, fun co-workers.
Cons: poor advancement options.
Great co-workers. Management worked very well with me being I am a single parent. I left after 4+ years only because I felt there weren't any realistic growth opportunities for me.
Headquarters