Senior Terminal Automation Engineer
The Senior Terminal Automation Engineer will be responsible for providing project and technical leadership in selected areas of an overall solution including scope, sizing, system/operational requirements, integration requirements, project estimates and execution methodology. This role will develop detailed designs that meet customer requirements, implement and deliver assigned areas of the overall solution, and assist customers to trouble shoot problems and maintain existing installations. The senior engineer will configure applications, develop software and mentor junior engineers in MES theory, software configuration, best practices, and data integration management.
- Support Consultants and Sales in the definition of Operations Management strategic vision and presentation of this value message to client
- Be responsible for selected areas of the overall solution architect to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, project estimations and execution methodology.
- Lead/Mentor junior engineers
- Define functional requirements through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs that meet client requirements
- Develop documentation required
- Implement and deliver assigned areas of the overall terminal and tank farm automation system and system integration solution
- Assist clients troubleshoot problems and maintain existing installations
- B.S. + 4-7 years experience
- 2 plus years of experience with requirements analysis, design definition and implementation of software solutions above the manufacturing floor (emphasis in refining/tank terminals preferred)
- 2 plus years experience with software development using C# or C++ required; Microsoft WPF, WCF, TFS and XML. a plus
- 1 plus years experience using a RDBMS (SQL, triggers, stored procedures) Microsoft SQL 2008 is preferred and Crystal Reports
- 1 plus year experience with plant floor interfaces (OPC, Modbus including RS-232 and RS-485)
- 1 plus year experience with DCS (DeltaV preferred)
- 1 plus years of experience in a project leadership role
- 1 plus years providing mentorship to junior engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Have the ability to provide leadership
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales.
Candidates with tank terminal and/or oil movements and storage operations experience and solid software application experience who have a strong desire to learn and apply automation and operations software are encouraged to apply. This position will based in Houston, TX or Philadelphia, PA and may include relocation based on business needs.
Ability and willingness to travel from 25-35 % dependent upon project assignments including domestic and overseas.