Cortland Partners Employee Reviews

Low pay, weak management, not a team environment
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Was so excited to work with the company!

However , once I was in the position I realized how low paying and unorganized the company was.

I received ZERO training!

They promote a team environment from corporate down and there is no such thing. The property had many dangers that were not fixed, upper management was TOTALLY incompetent, and further up the chain was completely full of themselves and not in tune with the realities of what was going on with the property.

They do not provide you with the tools you need to do your job and do not appreciate you going the extra Mile for the residents and the company.
Never expect to get a "thank you" or "great job!

Hard work, low, low pay and lack of leadership
Pros
Most residents are wonderful
Cons
Unorganized, low pay, no training
Productive and integral workplace for new technicians
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
The job requires people with integrity and professionalism, it is an enjoyable place to work because of the challenges that come with performing the daily task of fulfilling the work orders request from the customer and satisfaction of completing the job and knowing you did it well.
A variety of work in a good work environment.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2017
The company is growing with a lot of potential for career advancement. It is a great company if you are looking to advance in your career in the residential business, and don't mind being called out at all hours of the night during your on-call rotation. The management team is great to work for and they are very supportive of the staff.
Pros
Good benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
On-call for maintenance emergency hot line is out of control.
Productive and fast pace environment
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2017
The community I currently work at is currently undergoing renovations, and though it can be a challenge to lease as well as maintain our occupancy at a high level. The changes that Cortland had made and has committed to making has kept many residents happy. We have turned the previous negative comments of the community to a most upbeat and positive place to live and also work.
Good
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 16, 2016
Working with Cortland Partners was great. The company is a fast developing company that invests a lot into their employees success.
Cortland-Work VS. Life
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2016
Cortland doesn't find your personal life to be important. I understand that your job is important and you need to give 110%, but with Cortland, they want you there 24/7, literally. The "whatever it takes" saying is literally "whatever it takes" when it comes to Cortland. The upper management is very unorganized.
Pros
PAY
Cons
See above
Nice working environment
Senior Service tech (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 9, 2016
The day starts out with cleaning the grounds.I learned different type of computer system to work on.the company had great co-workers.I enjoyed the resident .
Pros
low pay low benfits
Cons
good work environment
Over the top
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2016
Loved the community, loved my staff, lets leave it at that. They claim to be there as your support but turns out if you put a complaint they retaliate and fire you.
Amazing Place
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2016
I cannot speak better about Cortland Partners. Just an overall and amazing company. All from the very top down have ben nothing but the best! I hope to continue to provide the customer service beyond.
Pros
Great Folks
Cons
Fantastic young company, with excellent growth potential!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2016
Hands down, one of my favorite companies I've worked with. I have been promoted 3 times, so growth potential is outstanding for those who put forth the effort. This is a very fast paced company, and due to it's age, there are still some minor kinks. However, Cortland is like no other "Property Management/Real Estate Development" company out there. This place employees the best of the best, and not everyone makes the cut.

If you are looking for a company to grow with, and one that will value your opinion, and reward your hard work, this is the place for you!
Pros
Excellent growth potential, everyone has a voice, great pay
Cons
Health/dental benefits are not the greatest
*More than great company to work for*
Resident Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 22, 2016
If your looking into or have been offered a job with Cortland Partners TAKE IT! They are a newer and continuously expanding company that offers not only great benefits and good pay but they have a endless amount of places you can go when it comes to growth in the company. The support from corporate is unmatched. I truly love my job.The best part of my job is being able to work independently in a team environment and the close and personal relationship with everyone in the company. Positive and negative there is continuous change so if you come aboard be ready for the ride. No matter where you find yourself in Cortland Partners you have made a great choice enjoy the journey!
Would not work here again
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
High turn over rate! The Corporate does not care for their lowest employees well-being and treatment, they are only concerned if it affects their paycheck. HR does a great job of pretending to help, until they can find a way to fire you or get you to quit with unacceptable working conditions
Fun Workplace full of opportunities
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Working with Cortland is awesome if your okay with high paced environments, egotistical managers and disloyal coworkers. My best experience had to have been the free will that cortland gives you to be your self and have genuine interactions with the residents. The hardest part of the job had to be the staff. There wasn't much team work or accountability.
Pros
Great Pay, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Great Company
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Blacklick, OHAugust 22, 2016
Cortland Partners is a fantastic company with lots of advancement.
Cortland takes pride in their employees and looks for was to help them achieve their best qualities.
a lot of butt kissing needed to succeed
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2016
This company is full of people that don't know what on earth they're doing! Ask 4 people the same question regarding company procedures and you'll get 4 different answers. They expect you to work 24 hrs. a day, don't care about employees whatsoever. You have to befriend upper management and sugar coat things to be on their side. Worst company I've worked for!
Pros
commission
Cons
everything else
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Loved the atmosphere is the office. Every employee has a great spirit and loving personality. I loved learning new things everyday, the hardest part of the job is the commute and traffic everyday, other then that its a great place to work.
Pros
Free breakfest
Cons
No cons
Great place to work! Wonderful culture!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 28, 2016
Learn a lot and at a fast pace! Wonderful culture throughout the whole company! Plenty of support if you are new to the business!
Great Culture and Leadership
Senior Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with this company. I appreciated how they kept up with the changes in our industry and how they listened to the on-site teams.
Pros
Empowerment and Leadership
Great place to work. Excellent work environment
Regional Service & Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 6, 2016
Worked daily with 10 service managers. Trained and monitored work performance. I learned better office skills like excel spreadsheets and sending weekly reports to upper management. The management was top notch. My co-workers were top quality. The hardest part of the job was staying caught up. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to different regions of the country to work with others.
Pros
Great bonus program
Cons
Job security
Terrible
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
I worked as a contract employee in the accounting department several years ago. The assignment only lasted a few days, none there to train or show wanted needed to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland Partners. Our community is ready to answer.