Cortland Partners Employee Reviews

Good Company
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 17, 2017
Good company to work for except work balance issues. Typical days handling improvements can last up to 10 hrs a day not including trying to hit end of the month #'s. Great coworkers in all divisions of company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialAugust 1, 2017
Cortland has great benefits. Its a hard working but fun environment. The pay is not that great, and management in the Accounting department needs training. I would definitely recommend Cortland as long as you do not have plans to working in Accounting.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Accounting managers and pay
Work in progress
Grounds Keeper/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2017
Cortland is a mixed bag. It has awesome workers, a great benefits package, plenty of work hours, but management professionalism varies depending on location.
Pros
great hours
Cons
disorganization depending on specific managed property
Worst company I've ever worked for
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
Make sure to keep your head on a swivel at all times. They're very quick to throw blame around make you feel outcasted. Waste of time and effort to even try to succeed with this company
Pros
Residents were absolutely amazing
Cons
Micromanagement from the top all the way to the bottom
Great!
Resident Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
Love working here! It's truly an amazing place. They develop people and promote from within, there is nothing negative to say about Cortland. Love it!
Cortland Review
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 15, 2017
Overall Cortland Partners was a decent company to work for. The hours were stressful and didn't leave much room for personal time. It was extremely micromanaged and there was a new issue to be resolved daily. The culture was great in theory difficult to implement in reality.
Great company to start working for in the multifamily housing industry
Leasing Consultant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28210May 30, 2017
Company is growing tremendously, allowing room for potential growth. Due to new company, management is new and implementing new things every time, which can be frustrating at times.
Cons
new company, constant change on management procedures.
The residents are nice and helpful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 12, 2017
I love talking to the older people they have so many stories and I am very helpful to there needs along with management and what needs to be done around the property .I can't complain very nice .
Great company
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Hired me without much experience and allowed me to learn a lot. Management allowed me to learn SQL, Python, ArcGIS, and many more on the job. Company is very relaxed and provides room for growth. The company also is pretty fun; they provide a lot of interactive activities during and out of work hours. I am thankful for the opportunity they provided me here.
Low pay, weak management, not a team environment
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Was so excited to work with the company!

However , once I was in the position I realized how low paying and unorganized the company was.

I received ZERO training!

They promote a team environment from corporate down and there is no such thing. The property had many dangers that were not fixed, upper management was TOTALLY incompetent, and further up the chain was completely full of themselves and not in tune with the realities of what was going on with the property.

They do not provide you with the tools you need to do your job and do not appreciate you going the extra Mile for the residents and the company.
Never expect to get a "thank you" or "great job!

Hard work, low, low pay and lack of leadership
Pros
Most residents are wonderful
Cons
Unorganized, low pay, no training
Productive and integral workplace for new technicians
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
The job requires people with integrity and professionalism, it is an enjoyable place to work because of the challenges that come with performing the daily task of fulfilling the work orders request from the customer and satisfaction of completing the job and knowing you did it well.
A variety of work in a good work environment.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2017
The company is growing with a lot of potential for career advancement. It is a great company if you are looking to advance in your career in the residential business, and don't mind being called out at all hours of the night during your on-call rotation. The management team is great to work for and they are very supportive of the staff.
Pros
Good benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
On-call for maintenance emergency hot line is out of control.
Productive and fast pace environment
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2017
The community I currently work at is currently undergoing renovations, and though it can be a challenge to lease as well as maintain our occupancy at a high level. The changes that Cortland had made and has committed to making has kept many residents happy. We have turned the previous negative comments of the community to a most upbeat and positive place to live and also work.
Good
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 16, 2016
Working with Cortland Partners was great. The company is a fast developing company that invests a lot into their employees success.
Cortland-Work VS. Life
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2016
Cortland doesn't find your personal life to be important. I understand that your job is important and you need to give 110%, but with Cortland, they want you there 24/7, literally. The "whatever it takes" saying is literally "whatever it takes" when it comes to Cortland. The upper management is very unorganized.
Pros
Pay
Cons
See above
Nice working environment
Senior Service tech (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 9, 2016
The day starts out with cleaning the grounds.I learned different type of computer system to work on.the company had great co-workers.I enjoyed the resident .
Pros
low pay low benfits
Cons
good work environment
Over the top
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2016
Loved the community, loved my staff, lets leave it at that. They claim to be there as your support but turns out if you put a complaint they retaliate and fire you.
Amazing Place
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2016
I cannot speak better about Cortland Partners. Just an overall and amazing company. All from the very top down have ben nothing but the best! I hope to continue to provide the customer service beyond.
Pros
Great Folks
Cons
Fantastic young company, with excellent growth potential!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2016
Hands down, one of my favorite companies I've worked with. I have been promoted 3 times, so growth potential is outstanding for those who put forth the effort. This is a very fast paced company, and due to it's age, there are still some minor kinks. However, Cortland is like no other "Property Management/Real Estate Development" company out there. This place employees the best of the best, and not everyone makes the cut.

If you are looking for a company to grow with, and one that will value your opinion, and reward your hard work, this is the place for you!
Pros
Excellent growth potential, everyone has a voice, great pay
Cons
Health/dental benefits are not the greatest
*More than great company to work for*
Resident Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 22, 2016
If your looking into or have been offered a job with Cortland Partners TAKE IT! They are a newer and continuously expanding company that offers not only great benefits and good pay but they have a endless amount of places you can go when it comes to growth in the company. The support from corporate is unmatched. I truly love my job.The best part of my job is being able to work independently in a team environment and the close and personal relationship with everyone in the company. Positive and negative there is continuous change so if you come aboard be ready for the ride. No matter where you find yourself in Cortland Partners you have made a great choice enjoy the journey!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland Partners. Our community is ready to answer.