Cortland Regional Medical Center

Cortland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

very good place most of the time
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Cortland, NYSeptember 5, 2014
residents will melt your heart. co-workers for the most part need to grow up. very young floor staff and some Very inexperienced management
Fun and comfortable enviroment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Cortland, NYJune 5, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: inadequate amount of hours
A typical day at work is answering the phones, setting up trays for the patients. I also have experience in serving food for customers and running the cash register. I am also in charge of helping the dish room move smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients and customers satisfied.
Very rewarding and strong work ethics.
Rehab Manager (Former Employee), Cortland, NYApril 24, 2014
I enjoyed the work and experience I have gained here, however I am seeing that nursing is a demanding and exhausting experience. I need to get to my passion of seeing the work completed and this is difficult to see in the nursing field.
I'm sad that my view of CRMC is not good.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Medical/surgical - TelemetryDecember 14, 2013
Pros: i have a job in nursing. i like nursing and i enjoy people. however, some people can be difficult to deal with.
Cons: i feel their is a lack of support, lack of encouragement and appreciation.
I was working evenings 1500 to 2330 on the medical/surgical unit. I would get anywhere from 5 to 8 patient's. I believe beening responsible for 8 patient's is to much.
I found out that a nurse is amazing person, the things that she must know, how to trouble shoot, critical think, save lives, deal with families, dealing with co-workers, dealing with the patient who is manipulative, evil, scared, drug seeker, the list goes on.
I like my manager, she listens. The co-worker were good people, they like to socialize more than work. That bothered me a lot. I have worked for the hospital since 1994, in different capacities. The nurses treated me as if I should know every thing, I had to remind them often that I'm a new nurse. I have been insulted many times, good thing I have tough skin.
The hardest part of the job as a new nurse was organization and completing all the task that were required from me and still be committed to the patient's feeling.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient, many have great stories. I also enjoy the body and how wonderfullly it is made. When I was in nursing school I was able to witness open heart surgery, Wow that was great!!!
I have been moved off the med/surg floor to telemetry. I started on this floor on 11/04/13. I was placed on nights, 3 tweleve hours shifts. The hospital know I was moving to Kentucky. I believed I was veiwed as an inconveniency and not an assets, I decided to cut my losses and move on.
Close-knit warm work environment.
Med/Surg Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cortland, NYAugust 12, 2013
Pros: helpful coworkers
Cons: location
Direct patient care in an acute care setting (hospital) given to approximately 5-7 patients. Skills developed include: patient care, communication (patient, staff, physician), and teamwork. Management is accommodating and available. Coworkers are warm and helpful. Patient pain and loss is the more difficult aspect of the job. While, helping patients' in their time of distress the more rewarding.
Disabilities aren't allowed
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: lunch parties for awards
Cons: per diems don't get any benefits and get used and abused
You get up early, you work you rear end off for low pay, you try and improve the technique of cleaning and getting stuff done and reporting it to your boss and they don't hear you. When you have a disability they won't give you accommodations for it.
Safe working environment.
Registered Nurse\Travel Contract (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJune 20, 2013
ER treated around 70-90 patients per day. Safety maintained, staff appropriate.
awful place to work
Nursing Assistand and Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: i left
Cons: i worked there
excessive patient loads, unrealistic expectations of job performance, nursing staff is lazy and refuses to assist in patient care, horrible pay and benefits
Unit Secretary/Observation Technician (Current Employee), Cortland, NYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches on holidays
Cons: sometimes long hours
Family environment, always a good group of people. Typical work day is fast paced. Hardest part of the job is staying organized and on top of orders. Most enjoyable is seeing the patients get better and go home
No cohesiveness
Medical Surgical Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland NYJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable nursing staff, excellent nurse educators
Cons: lacking cohesiveness, poor pay, rarely allowed to use accumulated vacation time
Nurses should not "eat their young" Instead they should be nurtured and taught and encouraged... while there are some excellent staff members, there are far too many people that are selfish and inconsiderate of the people they work with. The benefits and holidays and vacation time is great, if they will ever let you use them.
Very Well treated
Food Nutirition Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland NY 13045November 21, 2012
Pros: breaks, not long hours, very nice pay
i loved working at the hospital i treated fairly paid fairly and it was a great place to work
Hospital setting
Psychiatric Evaluator (Former Employee), Cortland, NYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Interesting place to work, employee and patient oriented. flexible working hours.
Good
Critical Tech/Unit Secretary ICU (Former Employee), Cortland, NYSeptember 19, 2012
Crmc is a good employer....treats employees and customer well
Work place was good.
SPD Aide (Former Employee), Cortland, NYSeptember 2, 2012
My boss was a very good boss she helped us when we were short handed and never said its not her job. But there was no room for advancement and the company did not like to give raises.
very stimulating work atmosphere, good cross departmental communications
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 25, 2012
Team player department attitude
Experience with lastest tech equipment
Caring attitude shown to employees
Friendly co-workers
Con-Ed available on worksite
Co-workers sharing experince and knowledge

Cortland Regional Medical Center Salaries