Cortland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Supportive and Caring Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 10, 2017
CRMC had a very team-oriented environment. I could count on co-workers and my unit manager to pitch in during busy times. The pay was equal to what other hospitals offer. The hardest part of the job was dealing with an old electronic medical record. The best part of the job was feeling like my opinion as a nurse was taken seriously by doctors and managers.
A very pleasant place to work.
Staff, Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 1, 2017
Nursing staff were very friendly and were eager to implement my suggestions for better resident care. Residents were always ready for therapy. Dietary staff assisted in providing the food I requested for my evaluations.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
needed to leave early due to reduced productivity waiting for MD to sign orders for therapy.
No Team Work- Similar to highschool
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 3, 2017
Unfortunately, several bad eggs remain after all the"downsizing." Some Mangers are wonderful but more than half are toxic, they hold themselves above everyone and rarely jump in. Communication among staff and management is a HUGE issue at CRMC.
Overall, this would be a good company to work for if they paid better
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 2, 2017
This company is big in my area. I started working there as a second LPN, and ended up being the head Nurse and the pay was terrible. So, unfortunately with no training, I left
Crmc
Echocardiographer (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 13, 2017
Good little hospital to work for. Most departments seem to have solid management since their change in 2016. They need to have more supervision of some of their sub departments.
Can be a good place to work . As long as you work in the rite department
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 7, 2017
Food and nutrition ....is a great place to work other than one of the supervisors. She is lazy..gets everyone else to do her work. She also treats everyone with great negatively. Looks down on them . She is the reson good employees leave that department.
Crmc can be either nice to work in or rough depending on who you work with.
Food and service Assistant/ pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Cortland regional in the food and nutrition dept can be stressful because you have to make sure everything is correct due to how sensitive people's diets or allergies are. Very detailed orientated. You can't really express yourself as an individual. Some managers are just rude. Others are really nice and easy to get along with.
Pharmacy is s good place to work in.
Great culture!
RN (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NY 13045January 13, 2017
Great culture of people. Highly recommend. Management listens to their employees concerns. Great working environment/team work! Pleasant coworkers.
Small hospital
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 1, 2016
My typical day here was assisting patients with their care and needs. This is a hospital that I began at right out of nursing school slow paced and was a very good learning experience for me. My co-workers weren't always the same as I was a floater here but the ones I did work at were very helpful.
Fantastic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 13, 2016
Cortland regional is a small organization but with great attributes. Team work and managemnt were always willing to communicate and I always found every day to be different, exciting and challenging. I cannot say enough how much I loved working for CRMC. I learned great time management skills as well as learning some of the finer aspects of body language and different cultures and diversities. The hardest part of the job there were some of the sticks. NYS is suffering from a large Heroin epidemic and that proved to be a wee bit difficult sometimes.
Pros
Health insurance, employee retention, and great team work.
Cons
Some financial difficulties for CRMC had certain jobs and shifts being cut or shortened, therefore I had to work third shift a few times.
RCF Staff Educator/Evening Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 28, 2015
CRMC is part hospital with a SNF attached. It is a great place to work, with benefits that are comparable to other facilities. It is a small hospital and SNF which allows you to know most anybody.
I was challenged and encouraged to learn new skills.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
upward mobility not as forward thinking as other facilities
Registered Nurse
Float Nurse to ICU and Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 19, 2015
I came to Cortland Regional Hospital to work closer to home. I was working on a Adult/Pediatric Med Surgical floor. I would have 8-10 patients to care for depending on the day. I was also asked to work 12-16 hr. days when the other staff may call off. The best part of my job was helping the patient get better and to send them home. I enjoyed the looks of gratitude especially from the elderly. It made me feel good about my job. I knee after a while that hospital nursing was a hard job on the body and I wanted to experience other parts of nursing.
Great place for an internship
Information System Intern (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 8, 2015
I interned at CRMC and I am glad I had the opportunity. The people were all very nice and I never met one person that wasn't willing to teach me something new. The department I reported to had just experienced a change in management, and the new manager was very smart and attentive to everybody's needs.
Pros
Co-workers, Great for an internship
Cons
hospital food needs more salt
very good place most of the time
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 5, 2014
residents will melt your heart. co-workers for the most part need to grow up. very young floor staff and some Very inexperienced management
Fun and comfortable enviroment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 5, 2014
A typical day at work is answering the phones, setting up trays for the patients. I also have experience in serving food for customers and running the cash register. I am also in charge of helping the dish room move smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients and customers satisfied.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Inadequate amount of hours
Very rewarding and strong work ethics.
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 24, 2014
I enjoyed the work and experience I have gained here, however I am seeing that nursing is a demanding and exhausting experience. I need to get to my passion of seeing the work completed and this is difficult to see in the nursing field.
I'm sad that my view of CRMC is not good.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medical/surgical - TelemetryDecember 14, 2013
I was working evenings 1500 to 2330 on the medical/surgical unit. I would get anywhere from 5 to 8 patient's. I believe beening responsible for 8 patient's is to much.
I found out that a nurse is amazing person, the things that she must know, how to trouble shoot, critical think, save lives, deal with families, dealing with co-workers, dealing with the patient who is manipulative, evil, scared, drug seeker, the list goes on.
I like my manager, she listens. The co-worker were good people, they like to socialize more than work. That bothered me a lot. I have worked for the hospital since 1994, in different capacities. The nurses treated me as if I should know every thing, I had to remind them often that I'm a new nurse. I have been insulted many times, good thing I have tough skin.
The hardest part of the job as a new nurse was organization and completing all the task that were required from me and still be committed to the patient's feeling.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient, many have great stories. I also enjoy the body and how wonderfullly it is made. When I was in nursing school I was able to witness open heart surgery, Wow that was great!!!
I have been moved off the med/surg floor to telemetry. I started on this floor on 11/04/13. I was placed on nights, 3 tweleve hours shifts. The hospital know I was moving to Kentucky. I believed I was veiwed as an inconveniency and not an assets, I decided to cut my losses and move on.
Pros
I have a job in Nursing. I like nursing and I enjoy people. However, some people can be difficult to deal with.
Cons
I feel their is a lack of support, lack of encouragement and appreciation.
Close-knit warm work environment.
Med/Surg Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 12, 2013
Direct patient care in an acute care setting (hospital) given to approximately 5-7 patients. Skills developed include: patient care, communication (patient, staff, physician), and teamwork. Management is accommodating and available. Coworkers are warm and helpful. Patient pain and loss is the more difficult aspect of the job. While, helping patients' in their time of distress the more rewarding.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
Disabilities aren't allowed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 26, 2013
You get up early, you work you rear end off for low pay, you try and improve the technique of cleaning and getting stuff done and reporting it to your boss and they don't hear you. When you have a disability they won't give you accommodations for it.
Pros
Lunch Parties for awards
Cons
Per diems don't get any benefits and get used and abused
Safe working environment.
Registered Nurse\Travel Contract (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 20, 2013
ER treated around 70-90 patients per day. Safety maintained, staff appropriate.