CorVel Corporation

CorVel Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant/Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Gold River, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: you can start as early as 7am or as late as 9am
Cons: no room for growth within this program
My work starts between 7am and 9am and then your off 8 hours later. I worked on my medication review files that were assigned to me. I start on older files, and work my way to the most current files that I have. I also work as a case coordinator, and what this entails is a more in depth look at a workers comp individuals file. EG: why has the injured worker not returned to work, or modified duty. Is there an underlying cause that's keeping this individual from returning to work. EG: do they need to be seen by a psychologist, or other rehabilitation programs that this individual might benefit from so they can return to work.
Good company to work for
Bill Review Analyst/Capture Center Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2015
Committed to team goals and great team support, provided accurate, positive and timely product to customer, optimistic outlook when faced with complex issues, willingness to attain processing enhancements, worked very well with onsite counterpart and company employees, responds positively to suggested actions for improvement.
This was a great starting point entering into the Workers' Compensation system.
Vocational Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 6, 2015
I was well trained in Workers' Compensation here and was able to establish myself as a very skilled Vocational Consultant.
Great company
Medical Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: limited field support
Good management with skilled staff. Good company benefits with excellent technical support for nursing staff in the field.
Rigid work environment
Enhanced bill review - set up (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: plenty of work to do
Cons: unfair to some employees
This company location in Fort Worth has grown too fast for the management to be able to control the personnel. The VP has not kept up with his original focus.
Overload of nurse
Nurse (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great staff to work with. excluding management and supervisors
Cons: horrible insurance, very expensive for a company that is nation wide&
Unrealistic demands of nurses. During the interview I was told that the caseload for each RN would be between 40-50. I have woked her for an extended time and have yet to have less than 60-65 patients. The highest having been 80. The fact that at the interview I was told one thing and something else has been done is very frustrating. Also there is heavy favoritism with the staff. While some are compensated for their time others are not. Positions are offered to staff members who have been with the company less time. While those who have been in the company longer are overlooked. Management is not concerns with the employes balance of work and life. All that is seen is that the work needs to be done and that is all that matters.
Case Management
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Case management for United Airlines , working with Work Comp.
CorVel has a great group of people to work with.
Data Verification Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, CarmelJanuary 25, 2015
Working at CorVel I have become very comfortable with bill verification. I have gotten to a point where I need a little more to keep my mind working. The hardest part of my daily activities is keeping my brain busy. Data verification can become very tedious and at times mind numbing. I am looking for a position that will keep me busy while feeling like I have accomplished something. The people I currently work with are the reason I am still working here at CorVel. I hope to leave with a good blessing and keep strong relationships with them.
Suportive work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: meet many wonderful people
My day is spent attending appointments with patients, communicating with providers, adjusters and patients.
This job gives the RN flexibility and ability to work from home.
Create great relationships with providers, adjuster and patents.
Never gets boring always a learning experience.
best employees,upper management questionable, benefits poor
Vice President of Case Management (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: covered parking, company xmas party, good staff to work with, nice office location
Cons: benefits, favoritism, managerial inexperience, understaffed supervision, monopolistic
Worked for CorVel 12 years and worked up the chain, to VP of Case Management. Corvel seems to have many "VP titles" and seems to hand out the title pretty easily. Corvel is lagging in the salary and bonus and employee benefit department, which is three reasons I left to move to a larger competitor. Employees are great and fun to work with and productive. Morale was at an all time low when I left Oct 14. I did not have a senior manager that I could go to for guidance. The Orange office AVP has replaced all previous long term management with her "posse", who came from a security company and favoritism is rampant. Long term employees are often passed over, for new hires from outside the company . The company benefit package is horrific. One PPO plan, one dental plan, no matching 401k. They do not even have a HR department, we they have one person in corporate HR- ONE. All managers had to complete new hire paperwork and raises and performance reviews. So much time is spent managing this "minutia." There appears to be much turnover and instability at this time. The CEO is out of touch with employees. The nurse and UR staff were outstanding.
Great Company
Senior level (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: pay not great
Great Company to work for, very independent work. Friendly people great hours and location.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, IME/CWMP Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: changing management
I oversaw the workers compensation program for this company for the State of Oklahoma and traveled to employers to sign them up for our services. I had contact with case managers, adjusters, employers and all types of insurance providers. The best part of this job was the travel as I was able to see parts of Oklahoma that I would never have seen otherwise. The only negative aspect of this job was that managers seemed to come and go so it didn't seem very stable.
A great company to work for
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 10, 2014
Really enjoyed the small office atmosphere and the open door policy of management. They really care about their policy holders.
Productive and flexible work place.
Professional Review Specialist/Orthopedic Coder (Current Employee), Orange, CADecember 8, 2014
This position is highly motivated, flexible. Co-workers are friendly. Management is good, flexible, Professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coding for inpatient bills.
Great people to work with.
Med Tech Analyst/Scanner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: the potlucks during the holidays, it was nice to step away from the desk and be able to socialize with the rest of the coworkers
Cons: the meetings would be long and sometimes often.
Loved my boss she was the best, very understanding person she actually would take the time to get to know her employees and would always be available if we needed help on something. The rest of the people in the workplace were great to work with we all got along very well. The hardest part of the job would be during the certain months of the year where we would get a high volume of bills to process and not enough people to process them. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the potlucks because that would be like the only time when you could actually be able to socialize with coworkers on a persnal level and not have the conversation just be about work especially on the months that we would be extremely busy.
Excellent place to work
Office Support Administrator (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILOctober 6, 2014
I loved working at CorVel Corp. I started there right before my 21st birthday and I was there until I turned 28. A typical work day was busy, but the co-workers I had were great team players. We worked together to solve issues and to finish projects. The manager, she is the best, she pushed me to do better and because of her I can say that I am a better person and that I have matured greatly. Meeting deadlines was rough, but with the co-workers I had and the ability to work overtime to get the job done, those deadlines were tackled and meet. The job was a great experience and I will remember the experience and the opportunity for life, and if ever there was a possibility for me to work there again I would gladly go back.
Former Employee
Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2014
This company does not care for its employees. Major management overall is needed.
work environment was great
LPN Telephonic Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), RTP NCSeptember 18, 2014
Educational
Rewarding experiences with others
Time zone from EST to PST.
A day in CoRvel
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: could be there between 7-9am which i loved.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
It was a great company however, there wasn't any room for advancement. I did learn how to problem solve better and work with multiple computer applications. Co-workers were nice and friendly and we always seemed to help each other out which was nice. The hardest part of my job is when people who called in about their work compensation claims were mad and upset, but I had to overcome that and help the customer with a calm respectful attitude.
Better paying job closer to home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: work independently; exercise classes
Cons: poor health insurance; no work flexibility; no bonuses or other compensation
Typical day at work included opening new claims; tracking all claim information in an Excel spreadsheet; sorting & distributing faxes, scanned documents, and mail; locating & printing medical documents for the IME dept.; calling medical facilities to request medical records, verify an employee arrived for their IME appt. & obtain the IME report; Filing; back-up assistant for other smaller accounts; cleaned desks for new hires, making sure specific items were available to the new employee.

I learned how to work with co-workers I may not personally get along with.

Management was great to work with. They listened when a nurse I worked directly with became difficult to work with, and assigned me to a different position with more down-to-earth coworkers and a more hands-on Supervisor.

I got along with most of the co-workers in our Department. Some were difficult to work with because of their personalities & work ethics.

Hardest part was managing all of the various job duties needed for the first position I held (as the IME Assistant). Everything became much better and easier once I switched to a general Admin. Assistant.

Most enjoyable part was being able to work independently for most of the day, but worked with a talented and friendly team when we needed to work together.

1 2 3 4 5

About CorVel Corporation

CorVel is a national provider of industry leading risk management solutions to employers, third party administrators, insurance – Read more

CorVel Corporation Salaries