CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of different opportunities
Medical Bill Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2016
This is not a company where you'll be stuck doing the same job 10 years from now, unless that's what you want. There are a variety of positions you can change to. Lateral opportunities are around. Unfortunately there is a lot of nepotism and a lot of hiring of family members and family friends does happen. Overall, you do feel at home.
Pros
Decent raises every year, vacation & sick leave, personal days, wellness days.
Cons
Health insurance is too expensive.
Great learning experience for insurance life
CoreCare RX Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 9, 2016
My typical work day was taking phone calls from insurance agents to enter new injured workers compensation patients into the pharmacy database so they were able to fill any prescriptions without the insurance company having to pay full price and taking phone calls from pharmacies to assist them with processing of prescription claims.
Typical Day
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Investigate new claims, ensure timely payment of benefits and that all related state forms are filed. Communicate with injured workers, attorneys and clients on various forms of media. Review and either approve for payment or deny medical bills. Answer phones and respond to email related communication.
Management by Terror
Sr. Workers Comp Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 22, 2015
This company does not care about it's employee's. There is a daily threat of termination. The husband of a long term employee became terminally ill. She had accumulated excessive sick and vacation time yet they denied her Family Leave (Claimed they did not have to provide because they were under the staffing level required to activate the program), the use of her sick and vacation time. They actually threatened her with termination for using sick and vacation time.

Not a company you want to work for long term. Turn over is great.
Pros
Excellent salary, nice co-workers
Cons
No Job security, Must Suck up
Fun work enviroment. Great opportunities to advance.
Oklahoma area Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2016
This company taught me everything I know about Work Comp billing. And also gave me the opportunity to advance! I loved being with this company and getting to service our clients with lunches and benefits!
Pros
Free lunches and opportunities to advance
Cons
Late hours
Work life balance is non existent
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 5, 2015
Co workers are lovely but a work life balance does not exist.
Demands are unrealistic and the management is poor. Benefits are poor. Time to eat and basic needs are impinged upon by management knowingly.
Pros
Experience in a specialized line of business
Cons
Lunch time does not exist, demands are unrelalistic
poor management, blatant favoritism
CSR (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYSeptember 1, 2015
This office is all about the numbers. The management is un-supportive. Large amount of red-tape and politics, Favoritism is rampant (if you don't fit into the branch managers "clique" then you dont get the perks of "working" from home, overtime, fair pay. Upper management states that all you can get company wide is a 2% raise yet other offices get 4% and above. Office supplies are under lock and key and most of the office buys their own supplies. Benefits are very very expensive with ridiculous deductibles that are unable to be met for people who only go to the doctor when they are sick. You are reprimanded for taking your earned vacation time and lower pay raises are the result of taking time off.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
all of the above
Corvel/Ceris has been a good company to work for. Its business hours are convenient.
Revenue Coding Mapper (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Corvel/Ceris is a company that is like most companies today. It tries to help its employees, however, the bottom line is the profit of the company. I feel this way (at this time) because Ceris will be moving from its downtown Fort Worth location to the Alliance location. I feel Ceris has NO compassion for its employees that ride the public transportation to the downtown location. Those of us that do have a car, we are travelling a short distance to work each day. To get to the Alliance location would be about triple the mileage and time. This move will take place in May, 2016. I am currently looking for part-time work. However, I will soon be looking for full-time. I am a sixty-three year old employee, trying to work until I am able to retire with Medicare benefits.
Pros
Corvel/Ceris is currently located in downtown Fort Worth
Cons
Corvel/Ceris will be moving its downtown location to the Alliance area in May, 2016.
Great Place to work
Sr. Work Comp Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
Corvel Corporation is a great place to work. They offer great benefits and a flexible scheduled.

The management is very responsive and open. They provide you with an opportunity to work independently but are available for guidance when needed.

The support staff is great. I worked with great co-workers who are very professional and respectful.
Pros
Pay and flexible schedule
Cons
None that I can think of...it is a great place to work
Run as fast as you can!!!
Sr Claims Examinet (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 11, 2016
The only way to post this is to give them a star otherwise, they wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING!
I worked in the Orange office on a wonderful account. Everything was wonderful until the witch hunt began against my Supervisor, which got the ball rolling on our entire team being cleared out. We were under the Management of another BR from the Rancho office. What a joke she was! This was the most unprofessional, shady, negative atmosphere I have ever worked in. It is unfortunate that the Company doesn't care about their employees and hard workers. Only those who are part of the "in crowd". If you do go to work for them, don't voice your opinion and don't speak up or you will be the next one on the target. Save yourself a lot of stress and BS, find employment elsewhere!
Pros
"The 3 Amigos"
Cons
Management!!!!
Worst company ever worked for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
case nurse assistant/ intake/ billing (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 21, 2016
Low pay for what you do, hostile work environment, you file with HR and they do nothing about it, bad management, no help, no training, overworked staff.

Management yells at you and thru the office to any co-worker so everyone hears. Management yells at staff and nurses and harasses you. No one stays with that company for long due to harassment.

Co workers were great and understanding because they rec'd the same treatment.

Check around before you consider working there.
Pros
Got myself right out of there
Cons
Everything.
Could've been a great opportunity but they lacked marketing capability
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 28, 2015
I had four supervisors in two yeas, poor training and not enough marketing to keep me busy. This company ultimately decided the type of work my team did was no longer needed and instead of laying off, just quit marketing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
Not for Career Driven Employees
Vice President of Claims (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2015
No culture, core values, or organizational standards. The company offers a very expensive benefit package to their employees. The company uses premiums funded by employees as investment capital. Management are not qualified for roles they're placed in. No 401(K) match, questionable integrity about senior leadership.
Pros
Alternative Work Schedule
Cons
Benefits, Management lacking Expertise, and pay
Case manager, Downers Grove, IL
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 15, 2016
Horrific management. Changed documentation illegally, changed contracts without notice, quick to criticize and never encourage. Impossible to get time off and conveniently forgets requests. They literally watch the clock to make sure you don't take a second past 30 minutes for a break! The only good part of the job was the other people in the office suffering through the same to keep you sane.
Pros
NA
Consistent
UR Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 30, 2015
Consistent amount of work, was required to work overtime and Saturdays when being audited, was with the company several years without any growth within company, lot of office gossip and inappropriate behavior; great employee functions and benefits along with compensation. Family and friends being hired and able to further themselves faster than anyone else that was not hired by a friend or family member.
Pros
Holiday parties, employee benefits & descent compensation
Cons
office politics and gossip, family and friend advancement only
Enjoyed working with this company
Work Comp/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 5, 2016
Had a very good stretch with this company and very happy. I was always busy working with records, claims and ordering supplies, keeping up with PTO and Vacation days for the department. Several good people.
Pros
People, Benefits, and was always busy makes the day go by faster.
Cons
Management changes quite often
Needs some updating - hopefully Getting better
Messaging Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2015
When I left the company, they were lacking benefits for most employees. May be better now. Technology was pretty much up to date
Pros
Technology
Cons
Needed fresh ideas
Not a good place to work
bill review analyst-professional review (Former Employee) –  overland park,ksJune 19, 2013
Overall the work itself is not bad. The benefits are not worth it,they only offer advancement to friends of the manager. Hard work and dedication will get you no where with this company. I was there 5 years and was considered to be one of the best workers by my team leads just to be bypassed by people with less than 6 months experience based on their friendship with manager. They do not show any appreciation for those who truly want to be a team player. Only care about production and forces people to workvlong hours to try to meet those goals. Low pay...if you are a CPC you are better off going elsewhere. Management is shady and backstabbing.
Pros
willing to hire with little experience
Cons
low pay, poor benefits, no advancement for people who earn it....management is shady
Environment was very tense, avoided going in office, worked at home as much as possible
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahSeptember 28, 2015
IT support was horrible, did not know how to help, was told that It was my internet at home for months when it ended up being an update was needed in the laptop. Management was not supportive, did not train employees, would tell you to to ask if you need help after running through program fast. then you would get penalized for not doing a process you were not aware of. No training manual to even refer to.
In order to get billing you would work 60 hours to get paid for 30 or 40. was ridiculous. Would as for staff meeting to keep updated and was promised them and nothing happened.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients with no support from management.
Co workers were wonderful and supportive, however they were also afraid to relax and enjoy their jobs.
Pros
meeting great people, work from home
Cons
poor management, stressful billing, excessive hours
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, IME/CWMP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2014
I oversaw the workers compensation program for this company for the State of Oklahoma and traveled to employers to sign them up for our services. I had contact with case managers, adjusters, employers and all types of insurance providers. The best part of this job was the travel as I was able to see parts of Oklahoma that I would never have seen otherwise. The only negative aspect of this job was that managers seemed to come and go so it didn't seem very stable.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
changing management

2.9