CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
This company is great, and offers a lot of move up advancements. I would still be working here, but started a family and moved back to Houston. I would recommend Corvel!!!
Terrible work enviroment
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2017
This was a terrible job. I was in the Procurment department and had the worst supervision and managment. Do not work in the fort worth office you will not be happy. And always feel like your being judged by mamagment. Not helpful and terrible training. Only good thing was the food you could buy and the few good friends i had made. Learn to respect your emoloyees.
Heavy work load.
WC Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Good Company, just you have a heavy work load. Friendly people to work with. Unable to keep a good manager. Benefits are good. Has not gotten a good rating in a long time. Last one was a 52
It's a joke
Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 4, 2017
The intelligent are undermined and told to fix others mistakes. If you refuse, you're considered negative. Management doesn't know the difference between a generic alternative or equivalent. They play favoritism and make up excuses as they go. HR isn't in the same state and their information isn't offered to you.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Are asked to tell somebody when you're going to the bathroom, Or getting up out your seat, Micro managed from managers who walk or go shopping all day.
telephonic CM can be done in privacy of home office setting
Field/Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin OhioJune 3, 2017
Telephonic case management requires patience-response to calls and request for information may take longer than being present in the clinic. Telephonic also may require longer time frames for goal meeting as clarification of information required may take several calls to accomplish versus communicating in person.
good place to work but no advancement
Senior Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 23, 2017
business casual atmosphere with great co workers
learning new system products and communicating with different agencies.
communication among management and co workers needs improvement
Pros
independent work place
Cons
management communication skills
Un-ethical
Medical Billing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 18, 2017
Favortism, Un-ethical, Work Politics, Nepotism..and they violate HIPAA left and right. I loved the pay but to keep my mouth shut and ignore their dirty work...I just couldn't stand it...
This is a good company, excellent learning enviroment and has room for advancement
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2017
The days are busy and productive.
Learned to be a team player and to solve issues on my own if possible.
Great management team who is willing to see/help you succeed.
I don't think there wasn't anything I coudn't do. I focused and learned to do the tasks at hand.
Learning new things and feeling like I accomplished my goals.
Pros
Office get togethers, working with good co-workers
Cons
Healthcare benefits, not enough time in the day.
great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 4, 2017
loved it, it was a great environment. Would love to do it again. I enjoyed the people and what I did when I worked there. I made good enough money to be able to support my two kids and I.
To much favoritism and racism
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2017
CorVel would be a good work environment but there is no room for career growth. I've experienced racism in plain view. I've seen people who are qualified to handle a claim get over looked by the favorite adjuster.
Worst place I have ever worked
Claims (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 3, 2017
No training. Management does not exist. They do not know how to run a branch. They fly by the seat of their pants. But don't make any suggestions or be a willing to help improve. They then will target you knowing they do not know what they are doing. They let their clients treat the employees poorly and end up letting the good ones go bc they can. The Valuable employees are treated poorly while the complainers are rewarded. Too many folks have left in the past year due to the treatment and culture. There is not enough space for everyone and they hire temps and expect them to do a regular desk job without overtime. There are people working at tables. And temps that work from home. They do not encourage fun. Just be boring and you will fit right in.
Pros
Ice machine
Cons
Everything else
Not the best but the worst
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 2, 2017
After years and years of being a dedicated employee you're treated like a number. You have no voice unless your favorite. Management only cares about the favorites so you better be on that list. It's not fun and your micromanaged like if you were a little kid.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Okay company to work for
Customer Service/Network Relations (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 2, 2017
Typical office job. 9-5. Advancement does not seem likely at this point in time of my employment with this company. The benefits could improve drastically.
Work Environment
Biller Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 1, 2017
Company doesn't pay enough for what is expected for a days work. Management needs to work on better communication. Need to teach the bill review team all of the job at once, not just bits and pieces especially when bills have to be forwarded to someone that knows that part of the job or when the bills are linked. By doing this, it affects productivity.
Pros
co-workers are helpful with questions
Cons
not paid enough, lack of communication from management
Great Workplace
Network Relations (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 26, 2017
Everyone that works here is nice and fun to work with. They are very understanding and flexible with your personal life and things that you need to take care of
Data Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 21, 2017
It is a pleasant place to work but the office gossip and favoritism is noticeable. My time here was short lived due to management not doing their job and keeping other employees before the new ones. But I was blessed with another opportunity so it all worked out.
New tpa
Medical Only Examiner (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 21, 2017
At the time I worked for Corvel it was just starting up their work comp department. There were only 3 adjusters and one supervisor and a branch manager that had no claims experience.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
benefits weren't good
Nightmare literally
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 17, 2017
This is by far the worst place I have every experienced in my life. I only cheked off a start because it is required. They should recieve a negative start. Do yourself a favor- DO NOT APPLY, DO NOT STOP AT GO AND DO NOT COLLECT $200. Management is lost and simply need to hit the restart button. There is ABSOLUTLY NO TRAINING and you are misled. This place shoots first and points the blame later. Unprofessional at all times, no respect, no one is sure of what they are doing, no real supervisor (because all they do it place work back on your lap) and awful benefits. They are sure to pile on problematic and outdated problems on your lap and since you are the new person they now become your problems. You set up to fail and by the time you figure out how to do things your drowning in work. Simple work is over complicated and keep in mind they do not train you. People don’t stay and quit on a weekly basis. This is the bottom of the pole compared to any insurance carrier or third party administrator. If you are desperate for a check and willing to deal with stress beyond the standard claims job then hey, but don’t say you weren’t warned. I have never been so disturbed, stressed, disrespected as I was here. I ran out of there as soon as could. Not worth anything except a check and the co-works were great people
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
everything else about the company
You will work with a great group of people.
Bill Review-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2017
Nice co-workers. Some room for advancement. I've learned how to deliver information. I've learned terminology of heath care that is used daily. Patience. Developed friendly relationships with providers that I speak with daily. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Your listening skills will increase. I like that I have learned a lot about how and what is necessary to process bills. What is needed/ required in bills for payment consideration/ correct coding and the rules. Hardest part of the job is to not let negative callers bring you down. I enjoy knowing the answers to questions.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Benefits are not great.
Management was a bit disorganized
Capture Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 30, 2017
Management was a bit disorganized. Proper credit was never receive for certain job duties and instead was claimed by higher ups. Proper training was never received.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorVel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8