CorVel

CorVel Employee Reviews

Not a very good on training and supplying employees with the rigth information and tools to accomplish the high goals management set.
Sr. Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 8, 2015
Spent 8 hours a day in front of dual monitors auditing work comp bills verifying that the correct codes and network discounts had been applied. Data verification and ensuring that the state rules and regulations were being applied accordingly to physician, hospital, physical therapy, and DME bills. Not very much from management you mainly had to find out things on your own unless you made an error on an account that there were no detailed instructions specifying anything different from usual routine or miss guided instructions from a supervisor and you are told you should of known better. I learned not to trust. I had some of the best co-workers you could ever find. They made the job enjoyable everyday .
Would not recommend
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Definitely would not recommend a career at Corvel. I do not have the tools or support to do my job well. Health insurance premiums are very high for a healthcare organization. Benefits are well behind industry standard. Supervisors spend a lot of time gossiping and information is shared by rumor. There is no feedback or assistance with the two outdated operating systems. Management seems to have little concern for employee morale or points of view. Employees feel invisible and afraid to speak up. Do not expect any community involvement or teambuilding of any sort. Bad hiring decisions and poor employee retention have increased the burden and workload on some outstanding employees who are being overlooked.
Soothing Enviroment
Clerical (Former Employee), Addison, TXDecember 15, 2014
Quiet and at your own pace enviroment. Filing, answering calls, update software etc
enjoyable workplace
coder (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 12, 2014
• Reviewed and evaluated all the physiotherapy claims for workers’ compensations
A very productive place to work and the employees and management are great.
Human Resources/Legal Administrator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: the employees and learning something everyday
Cons: health benefits were very expensive
A typical day at CorVel consists of answering phone calls, taking care of employee issues (new hires, termination, conflicts) processing stock option exercises and coordinating conference calls. I have learned a lot working at CorVel. I have learned how to be a Stock Option Administrator which I have never done before and I love it. I learned how to deal with numerous kinds of employee issues and found successful ways of compromising with all parties involved. The management here at CorVel is very interesting because everyone has a different way of dealing with things and it gave me a new perspective on their views. The co-workers here at CorVel are awesome. Everyone works so well together and it’s like working with a family. The hardest part of the job is that the assignment is ending and I have to leave the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is how many people I was able to meet and influence.
a typical day at work
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great co workers. The company is continuing to grow. They sent the representatives to get their pharmacy technician license.
Loved this job!
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Downtown, Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2014
I really wish I could've went permanent. I love data entry, I enjoyed the environment, nice and quiet. Very task oriented.
Great Environment to work! correspondence unit
Correspondence Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: great people, great environment, easy requests for off days
Cons: relocated to alliance, which was far from home for me since i live in crowley
This was a great working experience for me, my first time in a cube and office environment and I loved my work. My work was very easy and not stressful, my upper managment was nice friendly guy, but the management over my department was not all so great which made me not like this experience very much.
Specialized Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 22, 2014
Pros: great shift options, friendly staff, community environment
Cons: medical benefits were costly (not affordable)
The department I worked for handled short term and long term disability patients who have a prescription benefit through their employers. As a front line person we were provided the training necessary to address issues and concerns. This is a niche field and would be a great place for a talented customer service oriented person wanting to pursue a career in this area.
Professional company with a good reputation
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2014
Pros: timeliness in sharing informaton. pleasant surroundings.
Cons: case management is a demanding occupation.
CorVel maintains a good reputation in the community. Excellent managerial staff. Company executives conduct business in a professional an ethical manner. The company provides a pleasant work environment. There is a good flow of information in all directions.
A Great Learning Experience
Workers Compensation Medical Only Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMarch 26, 2014
Pros: closed for most holidays, paid time off for those holidays, paid vacations
Cons: expensive health insurance
Corvel is a great company, and everyday would be different. As a medical only claims adjuster I would get about 20 new claims a day, and each claim would require calling the injured worker and their employer to investigate each claim, adequately set the reserves for the claim and monitoring claim reserves for review and approval of medical bill payments, and effectively documenting file notes from opening to closure of each claim.
I gained a lot of experience while working at Corvel. Most importantly, I learned how to manage my time more efficiently, because he hardest part of the job was handling the volume of claims and calls coming in everyday, and making sure they were closed in a timely manor.
Most of the managers at Corvel were very helpful and kind, The team managers were always willing to give their advice and the office managers went above and beyond to show how much they appreciated our hard work.
I really enjoyed being part of such a wonderful team, and building great work relationships with all my co-workers.
I enjoyed working at Corvel and I liked the people I worked with. The job was very demanding
Preauthorization specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: nice atmospher, lunch room, nice people
Cons: i never had time for a break, even though we could take two. very high pressured
I worked for 12 years at Corvel. It was a very demanding job and
I had enough. I also moved to Frisco and did'nt want to drive in
the traffic.
Great Customer Service
Workers Compensation Sales Executive (Former Employee), OKC, Oklahoma and was over ArkJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: new job
ACCOMPLISHMENT
CorVel ROI 67%, increased sales in mange care with CorVel Executive. Military Academy graduate top 3% of class, Academy Army Ranger School, Office Training School, NESA college scholarship, Eagle Scout.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good location
I have learned a lot about the environment of Workers Compensation. I couldn't ask for a better group to work with.
Knowledge and Informative
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: great staff, fun and energetic
Reviewing medical bills for auditing purposes. Very informative and the day goes by fast.
Very nice place to work.
Receptionist/Medical Bill Reviewer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: advancement
I enjoyed all the advancement opportunities that I received. All of the management were very nice people to work with.
CASE MANAGER FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION NURSES
Case Manager Coordinator (Former Employee), OKC, OKSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: trying to stop fraud
COORDINATE NURSE CASE MANAGERS FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION COMPANIES
Stepping stone if needed
N/A (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2013
Pros: leaving
Cons: management
Zero Training / direction
Poor management with questionable motives.
Not a place to find trust, experience, knowledge, growth, longevity
Not a place to display trust, experience, knowledge, etc.
Major disconnect with corporate and local offices when involving employee relations, among other facets.
Most employees appear friendly. However, most have recently started.
Nontraditional work enviroment for nursing.
Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2013
Pros: friendly working enviroment
Cons: no patient interaction
No hands on patient care or any patient interaction. Strickly a desk job where you are required to use your critical thinking skills to determine if charges are warranted. Best part of the job was it required self starting and independance.
Working with Disabilty clients
Work Comp Disability Administrative Assistant June (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Here I was the adminstrative assistant to two counselors and one Nurse. I would great the clients and then notify the counselor that they were there. During the day i would write DOT report file client paperwork fill out their application often would need to translate, I am Bilinqual (Spanish) I can read and write in Spanish. Towards the end of the month i would do transcribtion of notes for both of the couselors and the nurse, one of the couselors was the supervisor for counselors in all but 2 states that worked for this company, I would recieve their tapes via mail and also transcribe these. Overall this was a great company to work for.

About CorVel

CorVel is a national provider of industry leading risk management solutions to employers, third party administrators, insurance – Read more