CorVel Employee Reviews

Corvel
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 11, 2016
Given the fact that I've been with the company for a short period of time, I am not comfortable providing a higher rating.
Fast past job
Medcheck Capture (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 7, 2016
I like the job I do in the Medcheck area; scanning bills in the system to be reviewed by a claims adjuster, faxing, emailing, review EOB's for the provider, Data Verification
Deceptive Hiring Practices
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Park Central, Richmond,VirginiaAugust 13, 2015
i was hired as a Customer Service Adviser. I started training with the receptionist and was advised they were waiting to start the advisor team. Well long story short five months later I had to ask to find out they were combining the receptionist job with the Advisor job I was hired for. This type of deception was the norm at CorVel. They made up rules as they went along. There were no guide-lines to follow at all. The manager did whatever she felt like with no regards to the employees. The supervisor advised the team to leave the manager out-of-the-loop in a team meeting. No one took responsibility for their errors, yet blamed everything on the associates. Favoritism was rampant with relatives and friends in key positions and all of them felt superior to other employees. Inexperience got you promoted and experience got you overlooked.

The whole company is immoral and had little regard for the injured workers they were paid to represent. Injured workers would complain daily about not getting there disability checks for months. The only way you could get any assistance was to hire an attorney. Escalating to a manager was a joke. No one answered or returned the injured workers calls. I never saw anything like it. The otter disregard for injured people, was inexcusable.

I couldn't remain in a company that blatantly disregarded sick and injured people's needs. How do they keep these contracts is beyond me. If the states they represent aren't getting hundreds of complaints from injured workers, doctors and lawyers it's a miracle.

I wouldn't recommend CorVel to my worst
  more... enemy.  less
Pros
NOTHING AT ALL!
Cons
Inexperienced management, favoritism, deception, poor training.
Processing bills for BWC.
Bill Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHAugust 12, 2015
I'm busy from the time I get there until the time I leave with production. I like my co-workers. The hardest part is mandatory overtime almost every week.
Pros
I have a job, The new things I have learned, Co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks, Medical healthcare, Mandatory overtime
Fun place
EBR Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2015
Training, running reports, pulling numbers, quality assurance, coaching, assigning workloads, holding meetings, creating manuals, assist with escalted calls and data entry
Benefits not good at all
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 22, 2015
I need a company where I can grow and there is no advancement for me at this company. Not a friendly work place.

I answered 80 to 100 phone calls a day.
great place
Intake Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2015
It's a great place to work, and I really enjoy my coworkers. I love the fact that I am allowed to work from home. I have learned a great deal from being employed there. I couldn't ask for a better boss.
Pros
working from home
Cons
hours
productive and very busy all day
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be, opening mail and scanning medical bills all day long. this company had very friendly co-workers. Didn't really enjoy this job because when I wanted to learn more about bill review, there was no time because scanning took up the whole day.
Pros
Very easy job.
Cons
No time for moving up and learning more.
busy place with a quota and accuracy emplimented
Claims Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. I learned workman compensation claims. Medical & Hospital bills. The company mandates a quota of 210 bills a day with 99% accuracy. I like working with the people at work. The hardest part is getting 210 bills with 99% accuracy everyday. I don't enjoy the work anymore.
Pros
nothing
Cons
healthcare insurance
A great job if you like working from home.
Insurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2015
A Typical day at Corvel, Some one would deliver my work for the day to my home, I would spend the rest day entering info. I did learn a lot about Insurance coding. Any co-workers I would see was on Friday when we would turn in our work. The hardest part of this job was to keep your self motivated.
Pros
I could work in my PJ's all day if I wanted
Cons
no one to talk to but yourself. Sometimes good, but most of the time not so good.

Want to know more about CorVel?

Ask a question
great experience
account coordinator (Former Employee) –  sunrise flMay 12, 2015
it was a new expereince for me.. being able to learn more about workers comp claims and being the middle person was very interesting
Not a very good on training and supplying employees with the rigth information and tools to accomplish the high goals management set.
Sr. Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 8, 2015
Spent 8 hours a day in front of dual monitors auditing work comp bills verifying that the correct codes and network discounts had been applied. Data verification and ensuring that the state rules and regulations were being applied accordingly to physician, hospital, physical therapy, and DME bills. Not very much from management you mainly had to find out things on your own unless you made an error on an account that there were no detailed instructions specifying anything different from usual routine or miss guided instructions from a supervisor and you are told you should of known better. I learned not to trust. I had some of the best co-workers you could ever find. They made the job enjoyable everyday .
Would not recommend
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Definitely would not recommend a career at Corvel. I do not have the tools or support to do my job well. Health insurance premiums are very high for a healthcare organization. Benefits are well behind industry standard. Supervisors spend a lot of time gossiping and information is shared by rumor. There is no feedback or assistance with the two outdated operating systems. Management seems to have little concern for employee morale or points of view. Employees feel invisible and afraid to speak up. Do not expect any community involvement or teambuilding of any sort. Bad hiring decisions and poor employee retention have increased the burden and workload on some outstanding employees who are being overlooked.
Soothing Enviroment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 15, 2014
Quiet and at your own pace enviroment. Filing, answering calls, update software etc
enjoyable workplace
coder (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 12, 2014
• Reviewed and evaluated all the physiotherapy claims for workers’ compensations
A very productive place to work and the employees and management are great.
Human Resources/Legal Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at CorVel consists of answering phone calls, taking care of employee issues (new hires, termination, conflicts) processing stock option exercises and coordinating conference calls. I have learned a lot working at CorVel. I have learned how to be a Stock Option Administrator which I have never done before and I love it. I learned how to deal with numerous kinds of employee issues and found successful ways of compromising with all parties involved. The management here at CorVel is very interesting because everyone has a different way of dealing with things and it gave me a new perspective on their views. The co-workers here at CorVel are awesome. Everyone works so well together and it’s like working with a family. The hardest part of the job is that the assignment is ending and I have to leave the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is how many people I was able to meet and influence.
Pros
the employees and learning something everyday
Cons
health benefits were very expensive
a typical day at work
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great co workers. The company is continuing to grow. They sent the representatives to get their pharmacy technician license.
Loved this job!
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2014
I really wish I could've went permanent. I love data entry, I enjoyed the environment, nice and quiet. Very task oriented.
Great Environment to work! correspondence unit
Correspondence Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2014
This was a great working experience for me, my first time in a cube and office environment and I loved my work. My work was very easy and not stressful, my upper managment was nice friendly guy, but the management over my department was not all so great which made me not like this experience very much.
Pros
great people, great environment, easy requests for off days
Cons
relocated to alliance, which was far from home for me since i live in crowley
Specialized Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 22, 2014
The department I worked for handled short term and long term disability patients who have a prescription benefit through their employers. As a front line person we were provided the training necessary to address issues and concerns. This is a niche field and would be a great place for a talented customer service oriented person wanting to pursue a career in this area.
Pros
great shift options, friendly staff, community environment
Cons
medical benefits were costly (not affordable)