CorVel Employee Reviews

Over worked/under paid
Nurse Case Manage Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Virginia, DC, MDNovember 5, 2017
Day could start as early as 740 am. Day typically ended 9-10 pm each day, Completed paperwork on most weekends. The job never ends.
I learned a lot more about CM and it prepared me to take the certification exam and pass it.

RN works remotely
Very poor orientation. Learned most of the job by trial and error and just asking questions.

The job provided necessary electronic equipment to do the job.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
low pay and unrealistic work hours. High nurse turnover.
Temp Job
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2017
This was a temporary job that was easy and not stressful. Management there was not very friendly with the temp workers. The permanent workers were a delight to work with, very quite and no drama.
Lack of Structure
Claims Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAOctober 11, 2017
Corvel is a company forever changing and the managers are all yound and inexperienced. They expect you to do multiple jobs and doesn't enough for one.
Pros
Its no supervison
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing
Claims Adjuster
Property Subrogation Recovery Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 3, 2017
The work is wonderful...I really enjoy the work, but don't like being treated like a prisoner or a child. The environment is very catty and you feel like you are in high school.
Date verification analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2017
Very good company enjoyed every minute of it just not enough work for my position very repetive fast paced environment and sometimes very relaxed and fun at times enjoyed my coworkers and management once changed enjoyed working as a team in accounts
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Health benefits
Micro management, no benefits.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 31, 2017
IT leadership under micro-management style, zero empowerment, high personel rotation, zero benefits. Aggressive management and no merit culture. Definitely the opposite to a naturally productive, healthy and friendly working environment.
Highly Political Company Low Morale
IT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2017
It is difficult to get anything done due to high politics and fake competition between top executives. They smile and nice all the time but it is just a thick fake mask! God knows who your next boss will be tomorrow cause managers get fired easily and rapidly!
Pros
Life work balance
Cons
No leadership, no vision, no direction, no future, no job security
Billing Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 6, 2017
Corvel taught me to work independently and to respect others no matter what his or her position. On a daily basis I am required to work with one other person. The position I have means doing this on a timely and efficient manner. Doing things accurately makes things easy for all involved. Every other position in the office depends on the accuracy of the job I perform.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not much room for advancement
CorVel
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2017
A typical day for me as an Eligibility Specialist involves working directly with clients, online, on the phone and in person. I have learned how to be more culturally diverse. My administrative skills have become more enhanced. I have learned how to organize my time better based on my workload.

The workplace culture is ever changing because we live in a society that is ever changing.

The hardest part of the job is being able to communicate with peoples of different races, cultures, and languages and yet somehow communicate with understanding and caring.Sometimes it is in speaking with from one person of one nationality to another back to back and trying to understand and communicate when English is not very well understood.

Yet that is the most enjoyable part of the job in knowing that I was able to communicate with the clients, that they understood me and I was able to help. It is important that our clients know that they are more than just a number and that we care for them.
Pros
Benefit of having vacation time and time that I can get up and take a short break where I can walk.
Cons
In this type of business, not having enough referral sites for the clients varying needs can be sometimes overwhelming.
Overworked employees
Capture Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2017
Overworked employees with constant employee turnover. The benefits were pretty bad and the pay was closr to minimum wage. Would. Not recommend working there unless desperate.
no no no
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 14, 2017
do not work for this company. care iq division of this place is ridiculous and very cut throat. they do not train well and management are not very flexible with their employees.
Bosses could be better
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 14, 2017
The pay was very good, but long commute and not enough communication. Daily expectations very hard to deliver for their time frame. Thankfully I had excellent supervisor, and a great team to work with.
a high stress place to work
MED-CHECK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2017
I was given the chance to learn about the state of Oklahoma and Kansas workman"s comp laws. And how the whole process works. the requirements that was needed to process and pay claims.
Pros
Cons
lay off
Worst place to work at
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2017
They will make it seem like the company is organized and the place to be for job advancement. They only provide one day of training and expect you to pick everything up right away. The manager of the distribution team is very unprofessional and rude. There is no real flexibility and people constantly get hired and hired. The job is a revolving door.
Pros
can take breaks when you want
Cons
will do other work that other debts can't finish, no flexibility, management is unprofessional.
Billing Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2016
Corvel is a great company to work for if your starting out in billing, processing, and customer service. The co-workers are awesome group of people to work with.
Pros
Appreciation Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Do not work here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 27, 2016
If you want to advance and grow in a company, this is not the place to be.
Their main focus is making the most money they possibly can squeeze out of everyone.
My Manager is amazing to work for.
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 11, 2016
I've learned to use excel, Microsoft, and information regarding credentialing providers. Along, with network relations duties. Moved to a new office. The atmosphere here is lot better than the old office.
Pros
A new office
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Bill Review Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2016
This is a busy place to work, learning all about managed care and bill review. Always something new to learn about MN Fee Schedule and the Workers Compensation process.
Unreasonable expectations
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 30, 2016
They have expectations, but judge you on how many files you process a day. If you can't process 8 files within the first two weeks of training they will let go.

Management seems nice, but only care about what results you are producing.

Pay rate is low.
Pros
Good location
Cons
You may not be there long.
Beautiful people, wish there was more employee benefits.
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 11, 2016
Lovely people to work with, overall dis-organized. compensation is not competitive.
Work day is filled with intensity- high volume office with many deadlines.
Management is reactive vs proactive.
Hardest part of the job is saying that you do not have time to help with something.
Enjoyable part of my job is working and seeing all I have accomplished in a day. (though the work-flow never stops.)
Pros
commute, people, passionate work environment
Cons
compensation, and reactive mgmt team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorVel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9