Cosentino's Price Chopper Employee Reviews

All around
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 6, 2018
Not a very good place to work. Management is very unorganized. Store managers aren't very knowledgeable. Dept managers are allowed to talk and treat workers horrible
Low pay and little benifits.
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Platte City, MOJanuary 1, 2018
Price Chopper is a good job for someone just getting into the working world. The wages are fair for an inexperienced beginner. However there is little opportunity for job advancement and no benefits.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
low pay, no advancement
night time was the right time
night stocking clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
the staff on the night crew were like brothers we worked well together and also had our before holiday lunch right there on lunch break listened to music with no customers we truly had a good time at work and yes we completed all of the work.
Pros
music and comfortable clothes
Cons
when staff member didn't show up for work
Retail pharmacy
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MODecember 3, 2017
Was able to obtain Pharmacy knowledge on medications and able to interact with patients on a daily basis. Some days not enough hours in the day to get all the scripts filled.
Cashier Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kearney, MONovember 22, 2017
Cosentino's was alright to work at. Some of the workers were nice and easy to get along with. A typical day included working at the cashier and a 15 minute break in the middle. The management was alright. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with stubborn customers. Most enjoyable part was the people who worked there.
Pros
Kind Environment, Somewhat Flexible Hours
Cons
Customers
Great to grow
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOOctober 25, 2017
Wonderful company that balances customer satisfaction and employee appreciation. Without one you can't have the other. Management is goal oriented and keeps all goals realistic and achievable.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Lack of formal training
Great job
Grocery Clerk - Utility Clerk - Parking Lot Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2017
great environment. good discounts and very fast paced work environment. I enjoyed working with the public. They do offer great benefits and good flexible hours.
Overworked and underpaid
Salad bar manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 8, 2017
Day in and day out I went and clocked in and busted my butt and I was under paid for it. Underprivileged. And I was terminated on wrongful terms I think there should have been more steps taken, considering I had been there for almost 10 years. That is just me though everybody is different, but let me tell you what 10 years of working in the same place you hear a lot of stories and I wasn't the only one. As a temporary job, yeah it's cool, but if you are looking long-term look for something else.
Pros
Their insurance packages
Cons
If you're a good worker and they know it they will take advantage.
Great place to work throught High School and College
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSSeptember 6, 2017
This was a great place to work as a first job, and something to come back to during breaks in college. It was also a good fall back to have between jobs. There was also opportunity for advancement. Must have good people skills!
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSAugust 14, 2017
This company was a great first job. They wanted to make every sacker trained in other areas to help build their resume. Friendly management and a fun working place.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
The work space is like a high school. If you aren't on top, you are the lowest of the low.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2017
Working there caused me more stress than any other job I have ever had. Older women you work with act like they can control your life outside of work. Management was poor, with a few exceptions. Favoritism is their favorite game to play.
Grocery store with nice deals
Seafood Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
It's family oriented some of the best store music and some friendly customer service representatives nice deals on items in the store just about everything you need.
Productive workplace with welcoming peers
Pricing Clerk / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Platte City, MOJuly 8, 2017
I was a special case because I worked in two different departments. I loved working the Pricing department. It was a fun environment. I come in pretty early, but we always get done hanging the signs around 10am. Though working in the front is a little different. It is always a different schedule. I learned to balance the two very well.
Pros
Good environment, discounted deli meals
Cons
Schedule not always set
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 30, 2017
The work experience was fun and productive. I enjoyed my coworkers and my bosses. The customers were nice. The systems they used were easy and the training was excellent.
Not for everyone
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJune 19, 2017
I'd like to think of myself as the kind of person who can handle negative/mean people pretty well. Granted I am kind of anti-social, but I can be social when I want to be. However, being a cashier and being exposed to several mean/negative people right in a row when you're trying your best to be a nice person and make sure their check out is going smoothly, almost makes it a little too much. Granted, I got over this feeling and decompressed on my break, but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.
Cons
Standing for a really long time
Sorry place to work
Brenda Morris (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2017
They do not know how to treat their employees, they make you work when you are sick and don't like you to take time off. They also do not like for you to take a restroom break.
Cons
20 minute break if you work 4 1/2 hrs or longer, and only a 10 minute break when you work 4 hrs or less
Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 7, 2017
Customer service and the employees are willing to help a customer in need of help and if the customer doesn't know the product then he/she will still help them find that product.
My review
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 3, 2017
My responsibilities were to run the department daily. To get it full and fresh by 10am. I learned how to bake a lot of different things. How to do the reports required by the company. How to order on a daily basis.
I wrote the schedule every week, ordered everyday and controlled inventory everyday.
I didn't like having to put away the truck everyday. The boxes were heavy and needed to be organized in a VERY small space.
I loved the owners and all the corporate executives. They treat their employees with the respect we deserved.
Busy place, nice to interact with customers.
Pricing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 1, 2017
Go in and pull expired sale signs, Prepare and hang new sale signs,
do price changes, make sure everything rings up correctly for the customer. I learned all of this here. Management is good, has changed store director twice in 3 months. The hardest part of the job is learning how to price everything in the computer. The most enjoyable part is talking and getting to know customers and helping them.
Pros
Stay busy
Cons
short breaks
Room to Improve but Not the Worst
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2017
A typical day includes a lot of customer service and a lot of cleaning. There is a certain pace which develops in most people after a while so it isn't difficult to close down the deli area most nights. I learned a lot about how to handle food safely and how to operate deli equipment (i.e. meat slicers) safely as well. My coworkers and I got along great most of the time. However, there is a lot of tension between the morning and night shifts and this causes a lot of frustration while at work sometimes. Management could do better at communicating and trying to work out these issues, it is this particular aspect in which there is room to improve. This issue with communication - along with closing in the aftermath of a busy day - is what I consider to be the hardest part of the job. The mot enjoyable part being the relationships developed with the other night shift members.
Pros
Decent work environment, work well with availability, good learning environment, good amount of time given for breaks
Cons
Extremely busy at times, can be difficult to finish all tasks while simultaneously helping many customers