Cosentino's Price Chopper Employee Reviews in United States

Long Hours, constant bullying.
Journeyman Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSMarch 5, 2016
You are forced to work a minimum of 6 days a week, which after 4 years really started to affect my family and relationships. When asking for a 2nd day off each week I was constantly berated and threatened with reprimands just for asking about it. Their upper management does not follow through with or reprimand department managers even when they are clearly in the wrong and witnesses are provided.
Cons
short breaks if any at all.
Great Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSJanuary 27, 2016
This was a great work place. I really enjoyed working here. I was a cashier and it was fast pace. All I took care of was scanning and bagging groceries. I used my customer service skills there as well as socializing with the customers who came in repeatedly.
Pros
Close to my house. Long Breaks. Great People to work with.
Cons
I wasn't there very long.
productive workplace with helpful management
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 25, 2015
Decent place to work. More emphasis on target numbers, but a good amount of personal growth as well. Micromanagement can lead to some confusion at times, but this is to be expected of a large company. Management is helpful and knowledgeable. The company does set high expectations, but nothing one cannot achieve.
Great place to start but not careeer worthy
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 15, 2015
this place is great for getting a start in the working world or for retirees, but this place is definetly not career worthy, there isnt much as far as moving up in the world here.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, they strive for quality, but still care about you.
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 19, 2015
Working at the Cosentino's Price Chopper was a great experience for me in high school. They truly cared about my education and worked with me and my schedule so I could stay involved in activities. The people there are friendly and encouraging to each other, they do care about quality and strive for it.
Successful Business
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2015
Great family Owned business. Would like to see a better use of time and energy follow through with new programs. Flexibility between stores, and customer needs was great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Just a job...
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Company doesn't set goals for you. No advantage to working for a smaller locally-owned family-owned change. Strange politics across family lines. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
job security
Cons
disorganized, lack of communication, lack of clear direction & company goals
Produce
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  SmithvilleDecember 22, 2014
Very redundant work low paying job. working with food was very boring and the manager was very young and had let his position go to his head. Gave me a .50 raise to keep me around because I was the only one there that was reliable. Felt like a never ending placement of food.
Welcoming and very helpful
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 3, 2014
As a pharmacy technician, my duties include dispensing prescription drugs to patients and instructing the patient on their use. Under the supervision of the pharmacist, I perform various administrative duties such as reviewing prescription requests with doctor's offices to ensure that the correct medications are provided and that payment is received. In some cases, I may speak directly with patients on the phone to help them in their awareness of taking medications on time. The supervising pharmacist whom I work with has always been more than happy to aid me in certain tasks that I am still being trained in and always offers helpful and constructive tips on how to accomplish a certain task.
Cosentino's Price Chopper
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be to just time in and work at the register. There really isn't a lot to it. Working at Price Chopper I learned how to memorize codes for produce, instead of looking everything up all the time. Management I can say that it's different everywhere you work. You will have good and bad mangers. All co-workers got along great while working there. I also got along with everyone there. I think the hardest park of the job would be that you will get mean customers in the store and they may hurt your feelings but all you can do is smile and continue with your day. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would have to be meeting new people and also when you start and even through working there you always meet new co-workers and I think that helps with making new friends.
Pros
you meet really good people
Cons
don;t get paid a lot starting
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
Managing the store as if it were my own. Eager to share my ideas to upper management to help the company best succeed
Pros
ability to make good money
Cons
healthcare
Productive work place, fun and friendly environment
Cashier/Seafood Clerk/Florist- My Seafood Duties (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work for me is arriving in the morning or afternoon depending where I'm at (Floral or Seafood), setting up my area, and serving my customers with a smile. I learned how to count cash back to customers, designs flower bouquets, sell my products, inventory, customer service. My manager is a nice guy. We get along great, I'm the number one person he calls when he needs someone to come in work. My co-workers and I are like family, we're always there for each other, we make our job a fun place to work. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers Very rarely do I ever get a difficult customer, but when I do, I calmly and politely greet them with a smile and do my best to help them leave a happy attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the joy and happiness I am able to bring to my customers and knowing I was a small part of help making their day just a little brighter.
Pros
good people, fun environment
Cons
don't respect my religious beliefs
comfortable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 23, 2014
I enjoy working here the company does show interest in how best to work with its employees which in turn helps better serve its customers
A fun place to work. Everyone there is like family.
CASHIER/DAIRY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MOAugust 30, 2013
A typical work day for me, is being the Dairy Manager. I'm required to get the shelves stocked and ready for business by 10 am.
I have learned that I am able to so much. I have grown so much because of what I am able to do at this job.
The management is wonderful. They are always ontop of things.
My coworkers are always fun and hard workers.
The hardest part of my job is having to keep up with business.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the customers and getting to work with all the wonderful peole.
management
Assistant Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MOJune 25, 2013
I just injoyed the job overall , I received a lot of bouneses from the corporate office
Pros
bounes
customer service and providing correct assistantance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOMay 29, 2013
give correct change, help the customer out with any question they may have or give assistantance to showing them where the exact item they are needing
its a ok place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Care Ambassador (Former Employee) –  RaMay 29, 2013
Its OK place to work. At the store I use to work at the management wasnt that great and a lot of favoritism going on. Other than that the job was decent.
Pros
20 min breaks.
Cons
no benefits or incentives .
Management is a club
Clerk, backroom (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityMarch 29, 2013
If you are part of the "club" then you are great, otherwise it sucks.....if you are connected, mafia, mob you are ok!!!
Pros
mob connections
Cons
management sucks
Fun and creative!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 28, 2012
I loved working at the Flower Shop only because I got to spend time with my mom and it gave me a chance to be creative. The organization of Cosentinos... not so much.
Very clean store worth shopping at but not working
utility clerk/sacker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2012
A typical day at work is very stressful. The management has certain co-workers they favor over others. They let certain co-workers get away with slacking off and the others they punish.The co-workers themselves are pretty friendly but are very naive because they are always firing and hiring new employees.The most enjoyable part of working there was going on break, even tho it was 20 minutes when you worked 8 hour shifts, going home and pay day.
Pros
there are no special incentives at this company
Cons
no flexability in scheduling, short breaks, favoritism among management