Cosentino's Price Chopper Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Assistant Pricing Coordinator (among others) (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 27, 2017
I loved working here. I was able to learn many skills by working in several departments and 3 stores within the company. They have advancement opportunities and in general I loved going to work every day. They truly go above and beyond for their customers and their employees who show them loyalty and quality work ethic. Friendly management and fellow employees
Lots to keep busy with
Deli Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2016
A typical day starts with coming in as second shift, starting out with needing to replace sanitary buckets, cleaning the deli slicers, restocking the case, flipping the hot case to evening meals, restocking shelves. Then once those are done the evening daily chores begin, such as gathering freezer from the back freezer and transporting it to the front one, cleaning the deli case, extra cleaning of the deli in general, keeping the customers happy and keeping the cases stocked. Ensuring that the deli workers are constantly doing something to keep busy and doing well in their work.
The best thing that I have learned is how to delegate daily chores to different people based on what their skill and workload for the day.
I have seen several supervisors leave, several management leaders change and have personally been promoted to a management position since I have started with the company.
The hardest part of my job is the constant demand to do several things at once, whether I am a cook, a clerk or a supervisor I have to have the ability to swap constantly between all three positions. The holidays are a bear, simply because of the constant caterings and meals that my deli alone provides. As one of the senior cooks, I get to be immediately in the line of fire for all holiday meals.
Pros
Excellent community and advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours, High workload, low salary
Great store
Assistant Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Friendly customers, fun teammate holiday parties, good benefits, early hours (which was great for my schedule)
Good
Assistant Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ShawneeNovember 7, 2016
I worked for other Price Chopper's in the past, but this one beats them all. I've met some great people. Made friends. Very busy. I had good hours. Uniform is not as bad as it looks.
Great first job- family owned business
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 10, 2016
Working at a grocery store was a great first job. Easy schedule, easy job duties, could easily advance. I liked the customers and met some really great people just by working with them. There really wasn't much to being a courtesy clerk, but I would not mind doing it again.
Pros
good hours, simple, people, family owned
Cons
n/a
It was a fun and productive place to work for
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MOMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed coming in to a positive atmosphere with my customers and employees. I learned to become a better listener and always be ready and willing to learn new ideas and put some of my own in motion. My immediate manager was very kind, professional and helpful in all aspects of my employment there. My co-workers for the most part were enjoyable. I didn't feel that there was any hard parts once I learned what I needed to be successful in my position.
Watching my proteges moving on to bigger positions was my most enjoyable part.
Pros
engaging with customers and maintaining customer confidentiality
Cons
standing in one place for long periods of time
Long Hours, constant bullying.
Journeyman Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSMarch 5, 2016
You are forced to work a minimum of 6 days a week, which after 4 years really started to affect my family and relationships. When asking for a 2nd day off each week I was constantly berated and threatened with reprimands just for asking about it. Their upper management does not follow through with or reprimand department managers even when they are clearly in the wrong and witnesses are provided.
Cons
short breaks if any at all.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 3, 2016
This is a great company to work for, but they don't pay you what your worth.

I am a Customer Service Manager who oversees front end duties. I take customer complaints and praises, deal with refunds and sales. I work in the Cash Office, where I balance tills, the Cash Office, and the deposit for the next business day. I also assist the Assistant office manager and Office Manager by helping to make sure they can perform their duties and tasks they need to get done.

The Management can range from Awesome (meaning they are hard workers, and are amazing team leaders) to terrible (meaning they are lazy who let others perform their duties and tasks for them). There are a handful of Awesome Managers in the Cosentino's Market. My Store Director is Awesome, two of his Assistant Store Managers are also Awesome, and the third Assistant is terrible. Sometimes you find that these Terrible Managers are hired into these positions because they just needed bodies to fill the position. Which is a horrible thing to do because that places more work and hardship on the other Store Managers and it falls down the pyramid to the departments and their Managers, to the clerks, cashiers, etc.

My co-workers are awesome, I love them we have a lot of fun together. However there is a lot of inconsistency in my department. We have set rules that Corporate has given us to follow, and in turn we as the Customer Service Managers must make sure that we and the cashiers and utility clerks that we oversee, follow these rules. Some of my fellow co-workers are very lax when it comes to the rules and they
  more... let stuff slide, so when one of us tries to address the issue with the employee its a huge deal.

The hardest part of my job is that I have a lot of knowledge and skills for the job that I do but I only make 12.50/hour. It is also a 30 minute commute to work one way, which I wouldn't normally care about, but when I have bills to pay that money gets spread to almost nothing. Also I am at my ceiling of pay for my job, so I can never get a raise, other then the cost of living raise that I'll get in May.

I love the work family that I have made working with Cosentino's Price Chopper. I mean I met my Fiancee through my job. I love the people I work with, they have become a huge part of my life.
Pros
Great People to Work with
Cons
Pay not good
Great Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSJanuary 27, 2016
This was a great work place. I really enjoyed working here. I was a cashier and it was fast pace. All I took care of was scanning and bagging groceries. I used my customer service skills there as well as socializing with the customers who came in repeatedly.
Pros
Close to my house. Long Breaks. Great People to work with.
Cons
I wasn't there very long.
productive workplace with helpful management
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 25, 2015
Decent place to work. More emphasis on target numbers, but a good amount of personal growth as well. Micromanagement can lead to some confusion at times, but this is to be expected of a large company. Management is helpful and knowledgeable. The company does set high expectations, but nothing one cannot achieve.
Great place to start but not careeer worthy
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 15, 2015
this place is great for getting a start in the working world or for retirees, but this place is definetly not career worthy, there isnt much as far as moving up in the world here.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, they strive for quality, but still care about you.
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 19, 2015
Working at the Cosentino's Price Chopper was a great experience for me in high school. They truly cared about my education and worked with me and my schedule so I could stay involved in activities. The people there are friendly and encouraging to each other, they do care about quality and strive for it.
Successful Business
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2015
Great family Owned business. Would like to see a better use of time and energy follow through with new programs. Flexibility between stores, and customer needs was great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Just a job...
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Company doesn't set goals for you. No advantage to working for a smaller locally-owned family-owned change. Strange politics across family lines. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Disorganized, Lack of Communication, Lack of Clear direction & company goals
Produce
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  SmithvilleDecember 22, 2014
Very redundant work low paying job. working with food was very boring and the manager was very young and had let his position go to his head. Gave me a .50 raise to keep me around because I was the only one there that was reliable. Felt like a never ending placement of food.
Welcoming and very helpful
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 3, 2014
As a pharmacy technician, my duties include dispensing prescription drugs to patients and instructing the patient on their use. Under the supervision of the pharmacist, I perform various administrative duties such as reviewing prescription requests with doctor's offices to ensure that the correct medications are provided and that payment is received. In some cases, I may speak directly with patients on the phone to help them in their awareness of taking medications on time. The supervising pharmacist whom I work with has always been more than happy to aid me in certain tasks that I am still being trained in and always offers helpful and constructive tips on how to accomplish a certain task.
Cosentino's Price Chopper
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be to just time in and work at the register. There really isn't a lot to it. Working at Price Chopper I learned how to memorize codes for produce, instead of looking everything up all the time. Management I can say that it's different everywhere you work. You will have good and bad mangers. All co-workers got along great while working there. I also got along with everyone there. I think the hardest park of the job would be that you will get mean customers in the store and they may hurt your feelings but all you can do is smile and continue with your day. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would have to be meeting new people and also when you start and even through working there you always meet new co-workers and I think that helps with making new friends.
Pros
You meet really good people
Cons
Don;t get paid a lot starting
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
Managing the store as if it were my own. Eager to share my ideas to upper management to help the company best succeed
Pros
ability to make good money
Cons
healthcare
Productive work place, fun and friendly environment
Cashier/Seafood Clerk/Florist- My Seafood Duties (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work for me is arriving in the morning or afternoon depending where I'm at (Floral or Seafood), setting up my area, and serving my customers with a smile. I learned how to count cash back to customers, designs flower bouquets, sell my products, inventory, customer service. My manager is a nice guy. We get along great, I'm the number one person he calls when he needs someone to come in work. My co-workers and I are like family, we're always there for each other, we make our job a fun place to work. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers Very rarely do I ever get a difficult customer, but when I do, I calmly and politely greet them with a smile and do my best to help them leave a happy attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the joy and happiness I am able to bring to my customers and knowing I was a small part of help making their day just a little brighter.
Pros
Good people, Fun environment
Cons
Don't respect my religious beliefs
comfortable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 23, 2014
I enjoy working here the company does show interest in how best to work with its employees which in turn helps better serve its customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosentino's Price Chopper. Our community is ready to answer.

Cosentino's Price Chopper Reviews by Location