COSHOCTON COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Hospital in financial trouble
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHMay 9, 2016
Worked for this hospital for 4 years and clinics. Was a loyal employee worked and made sure my job was done to the best of my ability. Loved my fellow coworkers and the surgeon I worked for. I loved my job and all I did for our patients. I learned quit a lot from my fellow coworkers and the surgeon I worked with.

Pre-certed insurances, scheduled procedures and roomed patients took vitals, entered information in EMR. Answered phones and scheduled patients appointments, called in medications for patients refills.

The hospital came upon financial distress the last 2 years I worked there. They started taking our premiums out of our paychecks for our medical insurance and not paying our medical insurance. I repeatedly asked for help in getting this taken care of, which this only fell on deaf ears. Human resources kept telling us they had to make payroll. The hospital is self insured, so they would hold our premiums until they paid other bills, and would only send money to insurance company on check runs.

My bills have been sent into collections, even bills that the hospital was suppose to pay for at 100% because we stayed at our own facilities covered in our contract.

When I started pushing the issue for help, was let go on trump charges. Other people were threatened for wanting to turn them in or to seek legal counsel for their medical bill issues being sent into collections also. All of the employees in our clinic, even the clinic manager was replaced.

Coshocton Hospital is being sued by ex-employees. Patients have the same issues. I have been
  more... sent into collections on bills that should of been paid 100% and were not even sent into insurance company for claim.  less
Pros
patients and the doctors I worked for.
Cons
not paying our insurance and being sent into collections
Struggling small rural hospital
General Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHJanuary 20, 2016
The hospital had developed counterproductive business practices before the lead-up to the implementation of the EMR 'meaningful use' mandates and the PPACA. Consequently, as hospital remuneration was cut, the hospital had no fat to cut. Billings were sent out as much as 2 years after services. Layoffs and encouraged retirements decimated the experienced nursing and support staff ranks. Routine medical record transcription and clerical tasks were re-assigned to the physician staff. Services such as Obstetrics were eliminated. Operating Room block times were restricted, limiting surgeons' ability to generate revenue.
This hospital's financial survival is still in doubt after four plus years of cost-cutting measures imposed without production improvements.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
little actual help in adopting incompatable EMR systems in the offices vs in the Hospital.
friendly environment, good benfits and pay
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHOctober 15, 2013
typical day as RN staff nurse- well staffed with manageable patient load. I learned much about telemetry and care of the cardiac patient. Management was friendly with open door policy. Co-workers are very friendly and work well as a team.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
short breaks at times but not always
This hospital and staff are doing their best to provided quality care to its patients.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Coshocton, OHOctober 12, 2013
Each day is packed with duties and responsibilities. It is a hospital working through the difficulties associated with decreased reimbursements.
Friendly staff
Staff RN med-surg (Current Employee) –  CCMHDecember 15, 2012
I enjoy working at CCMH as a staff RN...Co-workers are great to work with and I enjoy going to work everyday
Pros
insurance is lower than most places, 90/10 coverage, great starting wages
Cons
every place has its up and downs...so we have ours too...nothing sticks out as horrible
Review
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHAugust 6, 2012
Old boys club couldn't get anywhere else because of my being female

made lots of progress and wanted to make some more but couldn't
Great small hospital that does a wonderful job taking care of the people in their community.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHMay 20, 2012
This is a hospital where everyone knows everyone in all the departments, your family. They support you,care about you and take a genuine interest in you. They give excellent patient care because their caring for their friends,neighbors and family.
Pros
family like atmosphere.
Cons
shortage of physicians, need to recruit more physicians.