Cosi

Cosi Employer Reviews

Good work environment
Trainer (Current Employee), Center Valley, PAMarch 8, 2015
my co-workers are fun to be around. typical day at work is making food and stocking up the coolers so that we have enough food for a days work.
productive and stressful
Manager (Current Employee), BaltimoreFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great customers, beautiful environment.
Cons: indecisive management, poor staff selection, poor labor scheduling.
The company is a great company but can be a little overwhelming towards staff. An average day can be slow and relatively slow yet, on busy days the dining room can be filled with customers while the line ends near the entrance of the restaurant. My favorite part of the job is the interactions I have with the customers and the pleasure I receive from accomplishing sales goals and delivery of excellent customer service. Although the staff gets the job done, their work ethic and understanding of proper work etiquette can be seen in their youth. The hardest part of my job would have to be the recovery from mistakes made by management or running a restaurant with limited staff during peak operating hours.
it was fun but they didnt do training
Barista & Balance/Cashier (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 31, 2015
working at cosi is fun and easy but the staff is very unprofessional and they need to train more the employees its a simple job you don't need to do much has you get used to the routine you will become an expert at it
Found my passion...
Sandwich & Bread Maker (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Found my passion in sandwich making at this job, I really enjoyed the staff and the team work the had in place here.
idk
Owings Mill, MD (Former Employee), owings mills, mdDecember 17, 2014
wasn't there too long to give a good review. food is good. the people that I did work with were nice
good place to work while attending school
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
a typical day is light during the day but can become busy during lunch times. You learn to work in a fast pace environment, which is great if you work in New York City where its always busy. Co-workers are great friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job will be keeping up with the rush if you re not use to the pace.the most enjoyable thing is you are in a good place .
Prep cook
Prep/line cook (Former Employee), Greenville, DENovember 24, 2014
cut fruit
pre-cook meets
prepare backups
wash dishes
clean kitchen
lots of work with very little pay
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no breaks and have to work a complete five years to get a week vacation
I loved Cosi great place gain entry level restaurant experience. But when i started looking into other restaurants and their pay i had to move on. Really hope this restaurant can make it out of their slump.
I enjoyed being an upstanding sandwich maker!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
It was an extreme pleasure being the face of all my customers mornings. To be able to prepare drinks and meals without a customer even opening their mouths and watching them in awe was the best part of my day. I was always commended by my customers and management for my prompt and attentive service and accuracy when it came to orders and working under pressure during heavy rush periods. My multitasking skills were really enhanced with this job; handling phone orders, online orders, catering, deliveries, register, hot espresso beverages, line preparation and even defusing unhappy customer situations. We all worked as a team and the fluidity of our daily operations made things go that much smoother. It got tough at times when we were short staffed but when we pulled it together it would be a successful day. Seeing the satisfied looks on my customers faces was the best part of the job.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
I was able to learn and develop skills which allowed me to advance in my career and I was able to meet some amazing people along the way.
Unprofessional Management
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 25, 2014
I did not leave this company with anything postive. The hire mangers were unprofessional and arrogant.
Fast paced, Hard working, Fun environment
Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work is preparing for the big lunch rush and cleaning up after it. Manager and co-workers are always good at making each others day. The most enjoyable part about my job is getting the customers exactly what they need.
fun environment
Barista/ Trainer (Former Employee), Newtown, PAJune 4, 2014
while this location was still open it was a fun place to work, some management was great to work with
fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee), washington dcMay 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefit not so great
Great place to work , I will work there again if possible. The owner is a great and he value you so much as a person jut because you work for him.
Productive, fun work place and always busy and constantly moving.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
Implemented Cosi’s operational guidelines, standards, and policies
Assisted with building sales for catering/private event functions
Managed inventory to ensure that sufficient supplies are available to serve over a thousand customers daily
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2014
Productive Fun Place to work, with a good job culture, management, compensation, life balance, and allowed me to work and go to school. Respected their employees as well.
workplace
line/store cleaner (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no health care
only were giving weekend hours
had to close by my self
lot of lifting
Prep Line Server
PREP LINE SERVER (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2014
• Prepared salads and cold foods on front line.
• Serviced over 150 customers daily during lunch schedule.
• Sliced and chopped vegetables and fruit for front line.
• Arranged platters and boxed lunches for catering
Loved it
Barista (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2013
Loved working with the college students on campus. Giving them a laugh now and again, also with so many diverse groups of students i picked up a couple greetings in 3 different languages! Also recommending new choices on the menu and also knowing the regulars orders.
Fun, Easy, Team
Prep\Dishwasher\Baker (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: short hours of work
Making sandwiches and salads and making bread was hard at first once I learn the culture I was better at the process. They had great management staff always will to and educate one another.

1 2 3