Cosmo Prof

Cosmo Prof Employer Reviews

Productive, Organized, Fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milford, MANovember 13, 2014
Open Store, do the bank deposit. Stock Shelves, take inventory.Order products. Great customer service. Taking classes to learn about new tools or products and educate the customers. Up-selling. Great boss to work with, taught me how a store operates.
poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 4, 2014
The manager is not a manager and does not know how to manage a store. Lot of customer complaints. Salary is poverty level.
its content
Store Manager (Current Employee), Yorba Linda, CASeptember 30, 2014
I open and close the store, prepare the daily paperwork and daily deposit, help customers with product knowledge, receive and put out shipment. keep track of inventory. restock product stay on top of the daily quota along with the monthly quota
fun and easy work
Manager (Former Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: fun and easy
Cons: heavy lifting, testy customers
clean store, paper-work, customer service, delegate tasks to employees, complete daily tasks set to self, prep for inventories and audits. Customers can be hard to handle at times.
Positive atmosphere with passionate dedication
associate (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 29, 2014
Positive work environment for people who are passionate about the hair industry.
a nice place o wok an learn alot
Sales/associate (Former Employee), Easton, PAAugust 7, 2014
It was a great place to work and learned a lot with different prducts
Fun retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Burien, WAJuly 27, 2014
Gap is the typical retail job, don't expect to much but it was a lot of fun to do!
Fun job with a lot of great incentives for someone without a family
Store Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: free hair products, discount on hair and nail products, sales incentives, bonuses if quarterly quota is met.
Cons: short breaks, low pay, working alone, no overtime for salaried managers.
I love my job however, it isn't a good job to have if you have young children at home.The pay is very low for salaried managers. The amount of hours that are sometimes required mean that the manager only makes a little over minimum wage. There are weeks that I may go without a day off or with only 1 day off after working 7+ days in a row. The job is not stressful and the customers are great but the workload can be heavy which results in working longer hours. There are times in which employees must work alone in the store.
Great Customers...Horrible Upper Management & Store Management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Freeport, IlJune 3, 2014
The customers that shopped with us were amazingly awesome people...however there is a lack of good customer service from all ends of the company. There are a good deal of things I view as ethically wrong but my definition and someone else's may be different. I enjoyed my job and loved my customers but the environment is to unstable and there is no real management and no one ever gets terminated for poor customer service. Cosmo Prof's problem is they are still fresh and they don't know how to control what they have.
Productive work environment with a friendy atmosphere.
Retail Sale Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: perfect hours to work.
Cons: distance of how far it was from my house
A typical day at work would consist of greeting every customer that walks through the doors. Making sure that person feels welcomed, and asking them if they need any assistance in finding anything today. I learned how to tag keep track of inventory, take care of shipment. Also would take care of customer orders and make sure they were ready when they were picking them up. The most enjoyable part of my was interacting with all the customers.
great job to expand your knowledge in professional beauty products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJune 2, 2014
Pros: free professional products
Cons: stand all day and shipment
it is busy job with lots of projects to do plus make customers happy all the time and there's shipment to put away.
Great customer service and clean store
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: discounts on products.
Cons: wages were $11, 000/yr for full time, had to pay for health care that i never used, worked us very hard with not many breaks and didn't pay us mileage to go to the bank for deposits.
A typical day at work would be to open the registers by counting the money for each drawer and getting the store ready for opening by checking anything that needs stocked. You would answer the phones and help customers with their salon needs and go to the bank before11:30am. You would unload the truck on Tuesdays with many baskets onto the floor. You would work non-stop getting items on the shelf and check customers out whenever needed. I learned many things about the health and beauty retail and I was training for assistant managers position. The management was decent at best. My co-workers worked very hard and they were very kind. The hardest part of the job was long hours with very little pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer service with the customers.
fun place to work, horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJFebruary 21, 2014
On a typical day I would start up the cash registers, and make sure both registers had the correct amount of money in them. Throughout the day I would straighten shelves, add inventory to shelves where needed, check customers out, process credit cards, and make customer orders.
The manager was not the best. She would talk about the other employees to one particular person about job performance. Instead of informing the employee the task wasn't done correctly she would complain to another employee about it and make them do it again. The manager also made a lot of personal phone calls during store hours.
I didn't have any issues with my co-workers. They were generally nice and hard working.
There was no part of the job that was particularly hard to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was running the store by myself, and dealing with the customers.
It was fun, great first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: not good pay for the work that went into this job.
A typical work day was clock in, look at your tasks for the day, take a look at breaks and lunches. What I learned was that there are going to be people who are hard to deal with, but you have to keep calm and be very patient with them and they will be patient with you. Management was not very professional at all. Didn't like it, but i am sure it could have been worse. Felt ganged up by my managers that they would set me up for failure then talk to me about what i did wrong and not let me know when they saw me doing something right. Co-workers were friendly, very nice. Got a long with all of them.
Hardest part of the job was learning to be patient in what you needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there and helping people when they needed help or had a question.
Great place to work with perks and benefits.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Austintown, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
Greeting customers as soon as they walk through the door. Helping them out with questions about products.

Just recently I have had the pleasure of meeting our new manager. It takes hard work and dedication from other co-workers and myself to make the day run smoothly and efficient.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I helped a customer with his or her needs. Making someone smile!
productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Corona, CaJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work included greeting customers, handling the cash register, stocking shelves and cleaning.
My manager was amazing and dedicated to teaching us how to be the best employees.
productive and very fun to work at
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Hayward, caDecember 19, 2013
Pros: lots of free products
Cons: the salary or pay
ring up customers and work with hair products most of the day. I learned a lot on this job. I learned how to do scheduling, training, product knowledge, and how to do a managers report each week and for the month. I learned how to do inventory and how to check all the shipment that came to the store weekly. The hardest part was the shipment a lot of merchandise came into the store and needed to be put away prompt. The most enjoyable was being able to use the products and have a lot of product knowledge on entire inventory of the store.
loved this job
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 9, 2013
I loved the hours and management at this job. I learned so much about the industry and it really was very interesting to me.
Not sure who to blame....
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYDecember 5, 2013
I thought at this job I would be learning a ton of new awesome stuff. But it seems like all I was ever allowed to do was stock shelves and not ask questions. I do not want to blame the company because it seems like they do want their employees to have fun and be knowledgeable about what they are selling. But the store manager I worked for would constantly withhold information from her staff. Communication was practically frowned upon.
it was a easy job but it wasnt enough of a challege for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Milford, CTOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good emplyees.
Cons: the management smoked in the building
my co-workers were amazing they made the job worth wild. Management was bad they were more worried about there own personal life then with the store. they smoked inside the building and refused to stop even after being told it bothered the employee's. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the managers. the most enjoyable was the team member's. I learned that some people will listen to you but will not care what you are saying and that's when you have to make the choice if the job is right for you or not.

1 2 3