Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

worst job i ever had.
Distribution Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2017
When I accepted this position and after my first month, I felt that i had made a deal with the devil. I interviewed for a one territory and i received three that were rolled into one. I was traveling 2200+ miles a week. It made it VERY difficult to have a work/life balance- there really was none. most of the things I was told I would be reimbursed for never happened such as hotel and gas, food, training etc. There was a power struggle within management. It was truly a mess from day one. Horrible Job. great benefits though and free products were a plus. made it easier to sell products when you had things to physically show.
Pros
free products for demos
Cons
poor management.
Horrible place for advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLFebruary 4, 2017
this job has horrible upper management, does not provide room to grow within company unless you're in good with certain individuals in upper management, the pay is very minimum even for management positions and above, I've been with this company for 8 years and it has gotten worse and worse! its become so unorganized! we've become trial and error pawns in a multi-billion dollar company! there is no work-life balance and the company doesn't respect you or value you as a person or as an employee. it is the worst company i have worked for. Great job if you literally just want/need a job. Not the place if you want a career.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay, overworked, unorganized company
Event Coordinator
Major Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 2, 2016
Responsible for the management and logistics of trade shows, educational seminars, and other corporate events.
 Coordinates all aspects of events, trade shows, and seminars (pre-planning, on-site execution, and post event wrap up, research and recommendations for future sites, and conference promotions, etc.) Develops all written and verbal communications for planned events.
 Ensures fulfillment of contractual obligations with venues and assists in the development and tracking of event budgets and ensure timely payments of invoices and related event expenditures.
 Negotiates contracts, terms and agreements with vendors, hotels, and suppliers. Manages relationships; pre-show, on-site and post-show with vendors and contractors.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. I loved the people I worked with before, during, and after each event. Vendors and contractors became family.
Pros
travel
Cons
Many hours and salary job
Never Boring!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaside, CADecember 27, 2016
There is always something that needs done, so you will not be bored. You'll learn about new products and get free samples. You'll build relationships with salon owners and stylists in the area. Can be fun if you enjoy talking about (and up-selling) hair products to customers, and if you work with good coworkers. Great training program, so you'll learn how to use the computer system, and you'll learn about the Can Do culture in the workplace. There is a lot of work to do in the store, such as price updates, stocking shelves, Plan-O-Guides, advertising, and keeping the store neat and clean. They have health benefits, and tuition reimbursement for full-time employees.
Challenges of the job would be if you work with unpleasant coworkers. Sometimes you'll have to deal with difficult customers. Also, you are on your feet all day, and may have to lift heavy boxes that are in the weekly shipment. Another challenge is that if a coworker calls off, then the entire team has to work extra hard to stay on top of the daily duties. The work is easy, but takes time to do.
Fun and Creative work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARDecember 5, 2016
CosmoProf is a great company to work for. They provide opportunities for advancement and many benefits such as Healthcare, Paid Vacation (even for part time employees), etc. They don't always staff stores well enough but this shouldn't be a problem for a strong manager or hard worker.
Pros
Tons of free professional product, paid vacations
Cons
Stores dont provide any opportunities for overtime.
I enjoyed working here but...
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 3, 2016
I loved working here but the pay is too low to survive on even when working 40-50 hours a week and the company has poor management and does not care about its employees. There is no room for advancement, therefore it is a dead end job. Minds well work at Burger King you'll make more. Last but not least, there always seemed to be drama.....immature and annoying.
Pros
Helping others, staying busy
Cons
very low pay, poor management
laid back and easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VADecember 23, 2016
a typical day would be coming in, getting acquainted with the day, seeing what tasks you had to handle that day and then just going about business as usual.
got to learn a lot about various hair, skin and nail products.
manager at parham location is very awesome, super personable and very understanding.
co-workers were very unique but had a lot of drama going on between them.
hardest part of the job was honestly nothing, this job was very easy. the hardest part would have just been dealing with the drama, which wasn't really too much anyway.
most enjoyable part of the job was the consistent paycheck, benefits, easy communication with manager, easy job. lots of enjoyable parts.
Pros
lots of employee samples, good hours
Management does not lead by example/unprofessional
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work working on various projects as well as helping customers and checking them out.
I learned a lot about different hair products and professional hair care lines.
Management is negative, bad mouthing (gossiping) about other employees and fellow managers. Did not want to do her job, she wanted the employees to do it for her.....
Some co workers were not friendly or helpful, some were awesome. There was a mix
The hardest thing about my job was having to work with a manager that has no clue how to do her job, and has terrible communication skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free product samples on a regular basis
Pros
free hair products / and hair education
Cons
sometimes working 6 days a week and only having 1 day off
Productive, busy, multitasking
Customer service, unloading shipment, stocking (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAFebruary 23, 2017
This was my first experince in retail, I did amazing. Probably because I loved what I was selling. Execellent training. I loved my manager. My work schedule was a dream. I did everything from educating customers on products, color and new products, cashing them out, selling tickets for education classes, answering the phone, pulling orders for salons, doing shipment every week, unloading, checking in boxes and putting product away.
Pros
hours, management
Cons
pay
Wonderful managers, and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2016
I felt at home with the staff here. The store management was very professional, but also compassionate as well. I wish that I could say the same for upper management, and the corporate office. I give the five stars to the store manager that I worked for, but definitely not the corporate management. They put a lot of unrealistic pressure on their store managers, and make it very hard for them to achieve salary raises.
Cons
Closed down
again, bad management- we have no manager as of current
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 10, 2016
The setting of the company is nice, but we have had no management since April, which is even before I started. This company is way too corporate and doesn't necessarily care about their employees, but the numbers. Customers notice and don't think it is right to be treated that way and that's why business is slow. other than that, great hours and it is nice vendors give us free things to try so we can learn about the products, also we do have a lot of awesome customers.
Pros
time, style of company
Cons
no management, pay is low
ok for retail
Manager (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILJuly 3, 2016
Good work life balance.
Poor compensation
Life in stroe depends on management
Hours are nice for retail
Decent associate discount
Pros
Closed on holidays
Cons
Little room for advancedment
The job is great the manager, not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 8, 2017
I loved the working at Cosmoprof. I loved the job itself, however the management was the worst I've had. My other Co-workers were great and they made it hard to leave. The customers were awesome, some more than others, most were nice and I made great friends by working at Cosmoprof. The job itself was fun and easy.
Not good.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 13, 2016
Extremely poor management, being trained as assistant manager I didn't get the time or attention I needed to properly learn. Manager was too busy with personal phone calls and staying in the back room all day everyday. Procrastinated constantly and projects would pile up and become overwhelming and would be expected to be done all at once.
Time clock is on the "eights of the hour" so if you clocked in or out for lunch after the eighth of the hour it would either make your break 15 minutes less or 15 minutes more. I didn't know that and got written up for taking three 45 minute lunch breaks when they were really only 30 minutes. It doesn't make sense and isn't fair to the employees.
Corporate doesn't care about the employees at all, and doesn't trust employees. When ringing on the register you're only allowed to eidit the transaction three times, so if a customer changes their mind and you need to adjust the transaction it counts against you. Everyday you need to fill out a "cashiering analysis" and explain every single transaction/edit/delete/void because they think you're scamming them. Even tho none of the associates were.
Hands down the most chaotic, inappropriate, unprofessional work environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
Free samples.
Cons
Extremely poor management.
Amazingly fun job, with poor work enviroment.
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 10, 2017
This job is great for those who are looking to start in the industry. You're always learning new information about the product you sell, and the educational benefits are limitless. I only wish that store policies for employee's were better maintained and enforced.
Pros
Good benefits. Guaranteed hours.
Cons
Low pay.
bad pay for lots of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PANovember 10, 2016
u might as well just work in other retail because u get paid a little over minimum wage and it's not worth it for all the things u have to do. numbers are impossible and corporate doesn't care about anything else!!!
Pros
product samples
Cons
short breaks, health care, management, min wage, acting like cops carding people for there store cards, hrs open
Beauty distributer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 8, 2016
Responsible for opening/closing the store, sales, customer service, merchandising, and managerial work. Upper management does not come around that much but they also do not trust you with very much either. Co-workers are the best part of the job because you work with a small team and they are the ones that seem to care. Hardest part of the job inventories and staying compliant with their operations manual and their rules. Which you get graded on one a year with a visit from a corporate auditor, which will also affect your pay and bonus for the year to follow if you miss more than two things.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
pay
fast paced and fun
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 4, 2017
customers, customers, customers. MY coworkers were great all on the same page. It was a fun place to work. But there wasn't room for advancement. I loved helping stylist select product and giving them the info they needed to make the purchase
Pros
free stuff
Cons
no room for advancement
Good place to get a career start.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenburgh, NYFebruary 1, 2017
This place is a good place to work at for people who are just starting out in the working field, such as myself. It's not meant for long term working. The pay is adequate, and the staff is very nice, however, the working conditions are not the greatest. The hardest part about the job is the multi-tasking. You are required to be able to handle a fast paced environment, which means some tasks don't get done on time. And they frown upon that. They require you to finish each and every task that is given to you for the day, no matter if it's busy.
Pros
Paid vacations, paid sick leave, paid personal days.
Cons
Plethora of tasks given to be completed in a short amount of time. Pay.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARDecember 12, 2016
Very fun place to work in an easy going environment. Some room for advancement but pay is below par. Is a great place to gain work experience. Tons of free samples is a plus.
Pros
Not open for extended hours.
Cons
Open 7 days a week with minimal staff. Shippment done during open hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9