Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 18, 2017
Daily work is fairly routine
I learned a lot about problem solving
Management team is excellent
Can Do Culture
Hardest part is being on you feet all day
Customers and Product knowledge make this job fun
Pros
employee samples and discounts
Cons
only pays minimum wage
A fun place to feel pretty, look pretty, and sell pretty.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 15, 2017
A typical day for a manager was to open or close the store, to train all employees on store operations and to provide product education for the employees and customers. In order to meet monthly sales goals the manager and staff must be on the floor and assertively up selling the customer. To keep morale high and promote team spirit managers are required to participate in the maintenance of store fixtures and the floors and to rotate weekend schedules. For the most part I enjoyed my workday other than the fact that everyday was longer than it should have been because we were short staffed. However, most new managers are not salaried and they do not indulge in overtime pay. My store was friendly and the customers felt valued and appreciated.
Pros
Free Samples, Product Education
Cons
Salaried pay scale was insufficient in relation to scope of job duties and time commitment
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 14, 2017
It’s a good job, witch basic retail pay. The environment is fast paced and there is always something to do, or something new to learn. My biggest problem is with upper management, and lack of advancement options
Pros
Insider information on beauty industry
Cons
Low pay, poor upper management, poor benefits
Management sucks
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 14, 2017
Customers are the best part of the job they make the job fun. But management don't appreciate you , they make you work by yourself alot and our store had no cameras it's a safety issue. You do get samples. Manager plays favorites and pay for the work you have to put in is not good.
Pros
Free samples
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 11, 2017
You must have a passion for this industry to work here but over all it was a great place to work with great benefits.

It is a fast placed job and you must know about color, color wheel and products to be successful
Great leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2017
My priority is create a Great atmosphere ,be surrounded by positive people and good vibes .This job requires great leadership skills. be able to multitask and have excellent people skills. I am seeking a position that throughout my skills, knowledge and experience will allow me to deliver the best of me to your company.
It was alright
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 30, 2017
Not my favorite job, they work your butt off for little to no pay. The upper management is real bossy and just hateful sometimes. The stores i work around was all drama, and i can't do drama
Job okay, Management sucked
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 28, 2017
I worked for this company in 2 different states. The first one was great and I loved that manager. The second one was not good. The manager was not someone who should ever be a manager. Employees were not treated well at all and her attitude towards us changed so frequently that you never knew who you were getting that day. The pay was also not good at all and raises were a joke.
Some of the good things were discounts and free samples of the product and only dealing with professionals since the general public could not shop there.
Management is what drove me away from this job.
Pros
free samples, discounts, learning a lot about cosmetology and hair products
Cons
pay was terrible, management was bad
atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 23, 2017
Fun place to work no overtime pay could be better. hard work must provide good customer service. Have great customers that shop there. District manager
Pros
nice people
Cons
work hours random
Very poorly managed and no respect for employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 20, 2017
I would not recommend to work for this company. You will work your butt off and will not get any recognition for it. You will get very poor training and definitely will not get paid what you deserve. Best part of the job is the customers! And when you might get employee samples. They have no appreciation for the licensed professionals who work for them. And they also do not provide education.
Pros
samples when you get them
Cons
disrespect, underpaid, a year to get benefits as a full time employee
Fun of selling beauty products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAOctober 19, 2017
The customers were fun, and co-workers. Stocking product, ordering, counting, setting up classrooms, education to stylists, and cleaning. Every month you would get new product and employees got full size samples to take home and try, so you could sell it to the stylist.
Pros
employee discount, fun people, lots of product, and games for selling
Cons
The shelf's keep growing taller and taller
I was Loyal to Cosmoprof
Sales Associate and Store Operations (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 18, 2017
I was loyal to Cosmoprof and learned a lot of what to do and what not to do while working there. I am grateful for the experience. They were sure to give us discounts on the products so we could educate our clients that walk through the doors.
The store employees are nice, the environment can be tough.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2017
There are so many rules and minute details that can be hard to keep track of. The girls working there are nice. The company itself can be a bit disorganized. The store has it's lulls and rushes. The most enjoyable part of being there is having a first glance at the products of the industry and being able to help our professional customers.
Pros
Good people, awesome products.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits for most positions.
Balanced workplace
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 16, 2017
It had its ups and downs. Mixed emotions with women but it was an all women workplace so that's kind of expected. My coworkers were easy going people at times.
A good learning environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 13, 2017
-Allowed me the opportunity to train and mentor associates
-Enjoyed learning and applying my knowledge to customers and associates of all products
-Enjoyed the ability to learn about how to manage inventory in a fast paced environment
-Had the opportunity to learn about State of California database offerings
-Enjoyed working with and interacting with people
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
Lack of career opportunities for advancement
Very Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 13, 2017
Ever changing daily, keep u on your toes, It has it's high and low traffic days. Love the Beauty industry!!!
Get to know your clients and their needs
You can become very close to your licensed professionals,
Pros
Love meeting new people every day & love the employee product free trials
Cons
No set work schedule or days off
Only temporary, You won't last long
Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 12, 2017
I have never been more stressed about any job in my life. They only hire 4 people at a time, so expect to be called in regularly. Compensation is incredibly unfair. Unless you are the manager raises are unlikely. Incredibly unprofessional work environment. Uneducated management. Everyone I worked with has been temporary due to the workplace environment and management.
This is not a place to start a career. Work policies don't make sense.
They will not update there equipment. Any computer crashes, equipment failure is your responsibility. Very Greedy company. Employee recognition for work does not happen.
Cons
policies, management, work enviorment
Professional and fun environment
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 12, 2017
Only if your full time you get paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days, but there's no flexible hours, poor security. It can be a professional and fun environment.
Pros
Free samples, fun environment
Cons
Short staff, no flexible hours
Inside sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at cosmoprof except for shipment days that was the most chaotic organizational skills through the warehouse I've ever seen. Having to do shipment every Monday was back breaking. Other than that.. Great place to work.
Low pay and tons of stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYOctober 10, 2017
As an assistant manger I made very little more than someone who had been there half the time with a quarter of the responsibility. My manager was rarely there which left me in charge with no appreciation.