Cosmoprof Employee Reviews in United States

horrible.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2016
Cosmoprof was the worst job I ever had! The pay is terrible, the bumped it up to $9.50 and hour. Horrible discount and hours.
Pros
free products
Cons
everything
If you love cosmetology than you will love this job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 5, 2016
Sales associates have to organize the floor and have knowledge to help customers purchase specific products. The sales associate performs side by side training with new hires.
ok for retail
Manager (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILJuly 3, 2016
Good work life balance.
Poor compensation
Life in stroe depends on management
Hours are nice for retail
Decent associate discount
Pros
Closed on holidays
Cons
Little room for advancedment
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJune 13, 2016
-Pretty slow
-Learned communication, and knowledge on the products we sell
-Great Manger
-Pay is bad
-Good co-workers, free product
cosmoprof is amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 8, 2016
i love the company as a whole and my associates as well . my manager is overly amazing, shes very stern about the work being done yet very bubbly and fun to be around. the customers are very nice, its very homey so i feel like i know every salon owner in the area. the hours of operation are great also.
good place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 20, 2016
Was a fun place to work we stocked the shelves with product,waited on customers and did inventory. The best part were the customers always happy! The hardest part was unloading the boxes to put product away.
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 17, 2016
Cosmo Prof is a great company to work for, they are very caring and professional. The manager is very professional and easy to work for. She is always willing to help and train you on something until you have it perfect.
Wonderful managers, and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2016
I felt at home with the staff here. The store management was very professional, but also compassionate as well. I wish that I could say the same for upper management, and the corporate office. I give the five stars to the store manager that I worked for, but definitely not the corporate management. They put a lot of unrealistic pressure on their store managers, and make it very hard for them to achieve salary raises.
Cons
Closed down
Nice work hours and days... brought balance to my lifestyle/family
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 17, 2016
Started as a regular sales associate and within 8 months was given the opportunity for assistant store manager because our business was doing so well and was growing in size. I was always home to have dinner with my family. The employees were so close and very friendly with each other. I miss working there.
Pros
friendly environment, gratis, discounts, retirement plans, health insurance, continued education.
Cons
some rude customers, not a lot of employees so when one calls in sick, the others have to stay extra hours.
Premium Product Line for Beauty Professionals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 3, 2016
Kept inventory well stocked. Had good promotional merchandise the increased sales. Enjoyed helping the customers find the products they wanted and introducing new alternatives.
Pros
Premium Products
Cons
Store appearance was a bit to industrial.
working with hairdressers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 20, 2016
It was a learning experience working with hairdressers and salon owners. Learned some new things in the process. Would of liked to move up with the company but they didn't have that opportunity available to employees.
Cons
no OT hard to get time off
Good place to work as a stepping stone
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield, MIApril 11, 2016
Great place to work.
long hours on occasion but overall a nice environment.
very nice people and co-workers.
The most difficult part of the job is getting enough hours to work with to make sure we are properly staffed at all times of the day.
Cosmo Prof
STORE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 8, 2016
It's an always changing environtment. New products are introduced all the time. The customers are fantastic. There are always new things to learn. It's been a great company to work for as a licensed stylist. It's helped me to learn about every product line, new techniques and trends in the industry. I only wish there were more room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Always learning, great products, close staff
Cons
benefits are hard to get, not much room for advancement
I learned a lot about the products
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 16, 2016
This is a great place to learn about the products.

But the manager was alway holding things over you. Would never ok time off needed for family. And made it very difficult to enjoy the work enviroment.

Loved the products and the customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the location of the store
Cosmoprof
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  DublinFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day here involved a lot of stocking and organizing. I learned of many new professional product lines, stocking spread to fill and organizing as well and checking in and counting large shipments. The management here was great. My co workers were always very helpful and nice. Hardest part were the slow days. Best parts were the days when i was able to help other stylist with there questions and concerns
Fun place to work, but poor compensation for the work required.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 28, 2016
Overall, I enjoyed my work environment and coworkers. The pay was not enough for the work that was required. Some small workplace drama, but easy to deal with.
Coworkers and customers great Management lacking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed a lot of parts of this job, I liked working with my coworkers- we encouraged each other and did a lot of team projects together. Most of the daily tasks were shared and divided among one-another. Training was done by senior employees and was really done well, all employees were trained to do every task. We had excellent customers that we got to know and though we were a corporate business, we were small and felt like part of the community.
This wasn't a very challenging job, but the hardest part about this job was to keep busy all the time during the day, there wasn't always enough work to do, so sometimes we had to create a lot of tasks, to fill the time.
Pros
lots of free samples of new beauty products, learning about new hair products that are coming out, getting to speak to educators in the beauty industry.
Cons
Short breaks, no opportunity for advancement, very poor benifits that were eventually cut to no benefits, no ability to increase amount of weekly hours, management encouraged and were the biggest perpetrators of gossip, general management issues
Management will not comply wih standards of fairness
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 12, 2016
People (besides manager at times) were nice. Lots of micro managing and favoritism.. Lots of gossiping, I don't enjoy this.
Great place to work if you like that kind of thing and don't mind doing nothing for the rest of your life besides stocking shelf's, cleaning, casing out customers and selling. No commission. I really didn't want to comment, but didn't have a choice.
Pros
Nice customers. Free Classes.
Cons
Poor Management syle; micromanagement; gossiping; clickie.
fun and proffessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 9, 2016
learned a lot with great management, had fun but still was professional.The hardest part was trying to sell product of the month but I always came up to the top in my selling.i really enjoyed meeting all the returning customers and to see them everytime they had come in.
Pros
great people, fun objectives.
Cons
open seven days a week.
Productive high pace job
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Cosmo is a high pace job, that caters to the customers every need. Over all it is a good workplace. My only complaint is the schedule. Because it is a retail job, your on a rotating schedule.

2.9