Cosmoprof

Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

Good first full time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAApril 6, 2015
that was my first real full time job and I am great full to have been given the opportunity to learn all that i have from the job and the coworkers.
Loving environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: breaks, flexibility
Cons: the hours
While working at Comoprof I learned quite a few new things that will help me in the future. Working there was stressful at times but hey, what job isn't.
easy work, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverdale, UtahMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Fun, easy work, discounts
Cons: horrible upper management, pay
Cosmoprof was a fun and easy job while going to school. The discount is only 20%, but it's still decent. Upper management doesn't care about employees and the pay sucks. Doesn't matter if you are a licensed cosmetologist, they won't pay you more. Moving up is easy, but if you are part-time it's hard to advance.
Poor upper management, good benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), NJMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: pay is not as promised
As a store manager commission is not given as promised. They find ways not to give it to you and it is capped so no matter how well you do you only get a certain amount. Given conflicting stories on what entitles you to the commission.
worst place ever to work!
sales associate (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 8, 2015
Pros: Free Samples
Cons: Everything else about it!
Backstabbing Manager and coworkers who are lazy, love to talk about each other and the poor customers that come in! The DM was also best friends with the backstabbing manager!
Retail Beauty Supply
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whittier, CAFebruary 27, 2015
As a cashier I would have to count my register making sure it balance before the day beings and the end of closing . Cashier duties were to organizing equipment making sure everything look good in the store. As a sales person my job was to up sales and help with customers needs.
Upbeat and Constantly Changing Industry
Beauty Supply Sales (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good management, knew district and regional managers, friendly competitions between stores, great team work skills
Cons: transfers were not easy to come by, as employees seldom left to leave openings for a transfer to be possible.
My job kept me interested and challenged on a daily basis as it was a constantly changing environment. Ever changing shelves, moving products around, changing out packaging, reviewing new products, upcoming new products and services. Keeping customers who were professional owners and operators up to date on the ever changing items coming in and being introduced to the public. A typical day at work was never typical, as we received updates through the day to keep informed of everything coming by truck and by delivery. The Manager was very informative and helpful at keeping us up to date with all her notices of changes and product changes. Co-workers worked as team members as a lot of the work took two people to create the right look and appeal to catch the customers eyes. We all worked well together and still keep in touch even though we are not in the store together anymore. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day without completing what you were in the middle of, we were forever changing shelves to appeal to the new looks. The most enjoyable part of my job was having happy customers who looked forward to our calls on the phone and our help in the store when they came to refill their products for their stores or customers.
Fun place, awesome customers, tons of hair stuff
Team Member (Current Employee), RosevilleJanuary 29, 2015
Personal shopper for customers! They call and give you an order of what they need and you go shopping for it.

Reset shelves and product lines

Shipment

Answer Phones

Cashiering

Price resets

Lots of Knowledge on products/ color lines

Appliances
great place to learn about products
Cashier (Former Employee), Capitola, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: learned many things
Cons: bad management
It was a great place to gain product knowledge. It was a good place to work while I was in school, although management wasn't the best.
Low pay, lots of hours.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), MariettaDecember 1, 2014
The job wasn't so bad but I just felt as if I did not belong there. The manager and the other employee hardly spoke English so we had a rough time communicating but I was good at my job and they were sad to see me go but things happen. If you do not know a lot of stuff about cosmetology products and services, this is not the job for you. Everyone who comes in is a professional and expects that you can answer their detailed questions.
over all a nice place to work
MANAGER (Current Employee), vaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, product knowledge, flexible hours
Cons: short staffed, a lot of work load for the employees on staff
working one on one with customer was a great thing. there where some stressful moments since we only had the payroll budget for 3 employees ( myself not included). the benefits offered by the company was wonderful, very affordable and cover all the need. another perk were the hours, holidays off and free most of the evenings.
Asheboro stores the worst
manager (Former Employee), ncOctober 29, 2014
Cons: district manager
The district manager is a real piece of work and she uses everybody has her puppets. God forbid u have your own opinion and your a@@ is gone. I made my way up to management thinking it would be better..none the less I'm no longer there! The girls there now won't be long behind me haha
Long hours not for someone with family.
District Salon Consultant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 26, 2014
Too much work not enough money!! More stress than one person should have to deal with.
Nice working environment...
East Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, OHOctober 21, 2014
Cosmoprof is great beginning career for those looking to get into the beauty industry. Nice laid back atmosphere . Sales is a hard field but thru company initiatives it helped make things easier.
Nice place to work part time but there is no room for advancement.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great part time job. you get to know your customers.
Cons: territory supervisor does not communicate with employees, not everyone can advance, bonus checks only go to management, no appreciation for employees by some managers.
cash management
customer service
product knowledge
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that you get to know.
Fun place to work.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Shelby, NCAugust 5, 2014
Usual day at work is greeting customers and taking care of their needs.
Every month we learn about new product lines that are coming through the store.
Management could be a little more strict in some areas.
Love my co workers.
Hardest part of the job is doing shipment every week.
Most enjoyable is getting to know all of your customers and growing a relationship with them.
Difficult work enviroment
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: short breaks, not much opportunity to move up, unreasonable staff
I am a man who enjoys taking care of my hair, so I thought working at CosmoProf would be good. I was always complimented on my outstanding customer service and my knowledge of products. I really enjoyed helping the customers and getting their feedback on the product. I even had top sales in our district which was really nice, but even though I worked really hard it seemed to go unnoticed. My manager was very difficult to speak to about getting more hours, a raise, or a promotion, and the other employee there was always slacking off. They were always talking in the back and leaving most of the work for me. It became unbearable and so I decided to leave.
Education for products are amazing.
Cashier (Former Employee), Carson CityMay 30, 2014
Pros: lots of great samples
Cons: management, coworkers, no hours.
Shipment is grueling, for upcoming cosmetologist its a perfect job, for learning about different hair color, and products to help in there career. Not a good long term job.
You can do better
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMay 25, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: no advancement, bad benefits
It's an ok place to work, although no one knows what anyone else is ever doing. They don't train properly and they have so many rules it makes you laugh!
Productive Play
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 22, 2014
A typical day at Cosmoprof was very productive yet fun at the same time. All of the team members got along wonderfully. I met so many amazing people while working there for the past three years. I have learned so much, about the product, the customers, and my co workers.
I think that the hardest part of the job was keeping up the forever changing trends and styles.
The best part about this job was meeting the people. I really enjoyed all of the amazing people that I got associate with on a day to day basis.

1 2 3