The Cosmos Club is a private social club, incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 1878 by men distinguished in science, literature and the arts Since its founding, the Club has elected as members individuals in virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
The Cosmos Club is seeking a full-time skilled Systems Administrator to join our team that is dedicated to providing service and hospitality to our members. The primary function of the Systems Administrator is to install, update and support computer systems, minimize downtime, run backup operations effectively, and procure hardware and software.
This individual will work closely with the IT Manager to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing power to deliver the desired level of performance to growing business standards that involve a broad spectrum of services.
- Install and/or upgrade hardware and software on servers/clients.
- Provide support to end users within the office and those remotely connected, while maintaining system security and stability.
- Provide Help Desk Support to internal users. Responsibilities include troubleshooting of hardware, software and operating system problems, tracking of issues and solutions.
- Provide printer support.
- Provide administrative and technical support to web conferencing and audio/visual presentations.
- Troubleshoot problems of a technical nature in a 7-day per week, 24 hour per day environment. Carry a phone and participate in an on-call rotation. (May require coming into work during off hours).
- Work with scheduled computer system maintenance and upgrades in such a way as to provide for minimal down time. (Before or after regular business hours).
- Perform regular full and incremental backups of all systems and servers and weekly off-site tape rotation.
- Maintain security and integrity of the systems and the network.
- Assist in the research, development, testing, and implementation of new networking functions, technologies, applications and/or systems.
- Assist in the research, development, and execution of policies and procedures necessary to maintain efficient operations of the current systems and networks.
- Remain abreast of new developments in the area of information systems and network management by participating in continuing education programs/conferences and by review of literature and periodicals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical certifications
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience supporting Windows-based environment including Windows 7/8. Exchange 2007, VMware, and MS Office.
- Basic understanding of database principles.
- Experience with Windows networking.
- Ability to independently solve practical problems and think creatively.
- Organized thinking, self-motivated, and ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Customer Service oriented - demonstrates the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others - staff and customers. Understands the impact of their work on others. Passionate, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done. Maintains constructive work relationships and demonstrates respect for everyone contacted. Willingness and ability to adjust to evolving conditions and/or priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salary along with great benefits such as Vacation, Sick Leave, Health/Vision, Dental, 401K Retirement Plan, STD/LTD/LIFE insurance and Holiday Bonus.
The Cosmos Club is a private social club, incorporated in Washington, DC in 1878 by men distinguished in science, literature and the arts....