Hours: Full-time: 40 hours per week – salaried
Reports to: Salon Owners
- Must have current AL Cosmetologist license. Managing cosmetologist and/or
Masters License preferred.
- Be of strong character, displaying behavior that in the past, present and
future that are in alignment with the company’s mission and value statement
while at work and outside of work.
- Must be competent by having good coaching, motivational and communication
skills. Ability to be open and honest with stylists and also confront
- Be able to recommend & sell salon minimum in product and meeting production per
- Must be competent technically by being able to do all types of haircuts,
relaxers, perms and colors.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude. Must be self-motivated and
disciplined, have above average attendance record and be available to work any
hours the salon is open.
- Aptitude for math (cash/close out procedures) & computers. Be able handle cash
- Must have current, valid driver’s license and internet access. Be able to lift
up to 15 lbs. to waist level.
- Must have access to computer and internet service to check company email daily
and correspond with other employees and salon owners.
- Attend leadership classes as scheduled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by company Mission Statement, provide on-going consultation with stylists
& making decisions based upon company values regarding honesty, increasing
sales, building relationships, having fun, and controlling costs.
- Provide immediate coaching, direction and training as needed to operate a
profitable salon ensuring that employees perform according to Stars by Habit
standards, taking appropriate action according to reward/discipline standards of
- Satisfying the customer in a courteous, positive manner. Responsible for
handling all customer concerns and forwarding information to office. Teach the
stylists the same.
- Produce at least $650.00 per week in services & sell a minimum of $2.50/$4.00
per guest per week in product sales - 20% retail compared to total sales.
- Delegate in-shop responsibilities to ensure a clean salon. Responsible for
State Board and Franchise compliance, salon is to receive an A rating.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, coaching, and retaining entire staff,
including hiring and discharge as needed.
- Ensure a schedule for employees is written & posted to ensure adequate manpower
at all times while controlling labor costs. Cover shifts that are left open by a
stylist who does not show up for work (either find another stylist or work the
shift yourself). Make sure that salon is open and closed on time and that
customers are accepted up until posted closing time.
- Complete appropriate paperwork at time of action, seeing that cash
drawer is accurate, making bank deposit daily; payroll is processed correctly
and information submitted to office
- Maintaining & reporting salon inventory (the 15th of each mo.), ordering
supplies & retail products as needed.