COST CUTTERS

COST CUTTERS Employer Reviews

Great
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Auburn, NYJuly 6, 2014
I have worked here for 2 years now and I love it! I love that I have time to get out and do stuff on the weekends we're only open until 5 on the weekends and 8 on week days.
Cost Cutters
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lima, OHJune 9, 2014
Pros: working as a team
Cons: was trying to stay positive when we were out of stock.
Working at Cost Cutters all us girls became more than friends are family we help each other through the bad and good times. We know each others strengths and weaknesses on how we do hair, We can ask questions freely. We had a steady clientel that could ask any of us a question or give advise. On slow days we cleaned and stocked shelves, back bar, and – more... the despencerary. The hardest part of the job was trying to recommend other products or mixing different colors to make one color that we were out of stock of. Management did not keep stock on retail and chemicals and they started to take benefits away. While working as an Asst. Manager I learned what to look for in an applicant at time of hire and how to use or change my wording around when came time to fire an employee. – less
Manager
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 9, 2014
This company is a good place to work when starting out in the business
Providing excellent Customer Service.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILMay 1, 2014
Cutting and styling hair.
selling products
inventory
pricing items.
Bank deposits
Hair Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work. All of the employees and management got along fine and did whatever we could to make our store one of the bests one in the regions.
Busy work place, good environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Vinton, VAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: commission on products.
Cons: poor management and unflexible schedule
Steady flow of guests, product knowledge and commission. Management was never the greatest.
Happy-attitude environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Lima, OHMarch 3, 2014
Business closed down, but it was one of my favorite places to work. Clients were happy, and always walking in the doors. Co-workers were supportive and we were like family
It has its advantages but is limiting to sylist
Stylist (Current Employee), Winnebago,ILFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short or no breaks
Daily you provide excellent customer service for minimal pay. Managers do the best they can do but can only do so much because they are limited but the fact they choose to hire only certain trained professionals and offer minimum pay is not exactly what you would expect for a License and a $30,000 education. Better pay would be great and not limiting – more... the employees. It would be better to create an atmosphere where confidence and self enjoyment can occur everyday so employees don't feel miserable. – less
Great work place slow management
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee), Hartford, WIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: clientele established
Cons: very slow management
Typical day at work was good.
I was able to hoan my skills with color technique with the help of my co workers. It did become very difficult to excel due lack of experienced salon management.
Absolutely loved the owners.
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee), Aurora COJanuary 25, 2014
I enjoyed and learned a lot with this company. I also benefited from the personal growth thru all the education they provided for us.
I was cast out
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Billings, MTDecember 30, 2013
the manger played favorites which was not fun but i loved the costumers and my co-workers
very busy and family oriented salon
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Clive, IADecember 3, 2013
Typical day at work was very busy, I have learned a lot working at cost cutters because it was my first salon I worked at right out of school. My co-workers were amazing and we all got along very well. Most enjoyable part about working here was the fact that it was always so busy so there was always something to do.
Great place to work, and manage.
Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 6, 2013
Pros: always very busy!!
Cons: none. i moved to tucson
A typical day at the location that I worked at was very busy, and FULL of things for me to do. I worked with clients about 6 days a week just about every week, made the schedule for the stylists, and did inventory as well as cleaning. I learned to pace myself, which was a very good tool for me later in my life, as well as at the salon.
I reported directly – more... to the owner. He owned several Cost Cutters in the city, and had his corporate office in the salon I managed.
My co-workers were very busy as well. The salon was one of the busiest Cost Cutters in the State of Arizona, so never a dull moment.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to fire a receptionist for stealing. That was extremely difficult because she was very efficient as well as personable.
The best, and most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that I was so busy, and always had the great opportunity to multi-task. – less
Great Boss( me)
Manager/ hairdresser (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNOctober 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, paid vacations, flexability
Cons: having to sometimes let staff members go
Training and promoting staff and salon was the most rewarding park, Building something from the ground up and seeing it blossom and evolve into something great
nice place to work
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free hair services
Cons: high turn over of stylists
I liked working there. Nice benefits for a manager. flexible work hours, nice team. Paid training. paid vacations
manager
Hair Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2013
In Austin,, Cost Cutters is great for stylist. As a manager not really. Too much work and not recogized for it. Mixed emotions.. the owners are great friendly and very orginized. They know how to run a business and do listen to manages. But the down fall is that the work a manger puts in is not being compensated for.
Fun work place
Licensed Beautician (Current Employee), Firestone, COSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: i stay busy
Cons: healthcare to expensive, absolutly no set schedule
Typical day at work is cutting and styling clients hair handling complaints or hearing praise. Everyday teaches me the importance of being a good listener and patience. Working with a group of women is always a little bit of a challenge they're women need I say more ? The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can change someones attitude just by changing – more... their look wether it be male or female. I like staying busy. I hate when I have nothing to do and in that instance I find something to do. – less
A great salon
Stylist (Former Employee), Neenah, WISeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free education, decent wages, great management.
Cost Cutters is a great place to work. Owned by the Regis Corporation, management is very nice and compensation is well over minimum wage. Commission is also offered to give the stylist motivation to work harder. The clientele is diverse but many are regulars so the atmosphere is friendly and drama-free. I really enjoyed working at this Cost Cutters.
Productive fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee), Westfield, MAAugust 23, 2013
I enjoyed working here. I would work here again. I would come in in the morning, set up my station and begin taking customers. I learned how to better manage my time. Management was very good. I felt like I could go to her with any problem. My co-workers were very helpful and we all learned from each other. The hardest part of the job was how often – more... people called out. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I loved to do. I loved coming into work every day. – less
Good until they keep the bad employees. horrible benefits
Stylists (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours. family oriented. room to advance.
Cons: flexible hours. will move you to different locations.
The policies and procedures are in place to make this an amazing company. They like to keep the workers that are creating problems for other employees and management will talk behind peoples backs.

The employees work very hard.

Benefits are not good.

If you get in with the right people it is a truly amazing experience.

1 2 3 4

About COST CUTTERS

Regis is hair, there, and everywhere. The world's biggest hair salon company, Regis owns, franchises, or holds a stake in some – Read more