Cost Cutters Employee Reviews

Job
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 17, 2017
The environment was fast paced and stressful at time, we had our busy days of the week and our slow days. I enjoyed working with my clients and cutting and coloring their hair.
fun environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 15, 2017
Enjoyable work place with an amazing coach. Patience; communication and customer service skills; physical stamina; ability to work with a variety of hair and skin types; knowledge of hair products and tools .I provided a variety of hair care and beauty services in a safe environment. , I was employed for specialized treatments, regular appointments, or special occasions, such as weddings or graduations also. To remain competitive, I expand my repertoire to include other salon services. I typically relied on repeat business and regular customers with competitive retail sales
Pros
corporate
Good people
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 15, 2017
Good people to work with but no benifits. Hours get cut & lucky to get 30 hours a week. Need health insurance and would like paid holidays. Needing time off for things is easy
Great Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 17, 2017
This is bye far a great company to work with, you meet new people on a day to day, making them smile and look there best was the greatest feeling in the world. This company stood behind us in every way to make us the best we could be.
Pros
Great customer service skills
Cons
Not stable income
Great place to work and employee appreciation
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAJuly 7, 2017
Best hair chain company to work for, great management and employee appreciation.

Greeting customers, answering phone, hair cuts, coloring, waxing, cleaning, inventory, stocking, learned about their hair products brand.

Listened to clients desired results, and provided feedback on what would work best for their hair type, texture, porosity. Analyzing their face shape and profile in order to provide the best achievement of balance and their personal style, provided product knowledge, and taught them how to use the product in order for them to get their desired results.

The culture was positive and consisted of team work.

Hardest part of the job for myself was talking to people and listening to them fully, and focusing on the task at hand. I feel multi-tasking does not allow for you to be fully focused on the client and the task. I want to do my best and be focused on the needs of the people.

Most enjoyable thing about my job is the people, and the importance of treated them as I would want to be treated, by making their experience at the salon a positive and satisfying environment in which they will want to come back.
Pros
People
Cons
wage
Build your business
Barber/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 6, 2017
You get free creative range with your clients, they like you to sell product but you were not reprimanded for not selling a whole bunch, It is a very good place to learn and grow your business as a new stylist.
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
terrible upper managment
Just eh
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 28, 2017
Management and company only cares about numbers and meeting quota. Make decent money off tips. Hours fluctuate. Threatened to get fired if I didn't make quota for salon. Constantly changing goals.
Pros
Making money, building clientele
Cons
Poor management, harassment, threatened to lose job if I didn't make goals for salon
Not a place to build a clientelle
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IA 50112June 28, 2017
The salon feels a lot like working in a fish bowl. Was always nice to have the convenience of working a store inside a store. Clientele was often new and not a lot of repeat clients.
Decent place to start right after school
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53714June 24, 2017
For someone fresh out of school, Cost Cutters isn't bad. For someone who is experienced, I would find a place that is going to compensate you for your expertise.
Pros
Easy to build a clientele
Cons
Havent been there in along time
Manager (Former Employee) –  IrvingtonJune 9, 2017
The place was a great environment and the people at the time had a vast amount of experience. It gave me opportunity to grow and learn to manage people
Would do more work than the manager
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 3, 2017
Manager would have me do my job and their job at the same time. During summer, Schedules are cut immensely without a care from the company at all. The stylists make barely $8.00/hr
Depends
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 2, 2017
Depending on who you work for this company can be fantastic. They however don't offer much for raises or opportunity for advancement. So if you take the job be sure you can live off the compensation. Depending on location you can make $65-$100 a day in tips alone.
Pros
Good tips and customer relationships
Cons
Over booking, not much for raises, not flexible with schedule
Fun and enjoyable
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2017
I had just got my license in 2006 and was looking for a job I came across cost cutters and I was hired I didn't know what to expect and they where there to help you and teach you I got to embrace different thing like coloring,waxing,perming,and even tanning if you love all those things then this is one of the best place to go evendors if you arw just starting out they lots of class that will help you and the mangers are alway willing to help you out know matter what
Pros
Everything is great
Sucks
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJune 1, 2017
They could care less about you, they pay you nothing and cut hours and hire more and more people instead of giving hours to established employees. The management doesn't know how to run a business
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAJune 1, 2017
Long hours, low income, friendly coworkers. this is a chain salon so the experience will be different across the board depending on the location as these are all over the country
Nice place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 31, 2017
Laid back atmosphere. Other stylist are very helpful. Very lenient on your schedule if you have children. Only downfall are the hours. The salon is open until 9pm.
fun place to work
Receptionist/ Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fox Lake, ILMay 21, 2017
I had a great team so it made it easy to work here. Always encouraging us to learn new skills and allowing us to try it on each other!! definitely a fun place to work!
This company is a joke!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 10, 2017
I had the laziest manager who did not want to do her job and made me do things that managers should be taking care of. The hours were a joke, the company does not care about their employees at all. They couldn't care any less if you quit or if another employee didn't show up for work that day.
Fast-pace fun salon to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 10, 2017
If a people person great job for you. I enjoyed most getting to know all the people I meet. Motivating other stylists and watching them grow as well as my self growth.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
Job schdules
the owner is ok
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 25, 2017
i did a lot of clients
i learned a lot
i had fun working with the clients
the hardest part of the job was the whating for clients and doing
kids hair and doing the color and highlight