Costa Crociere

Costa Crociere Employer Reviews

Excellent place to learn and gain experience not just about work but also about life
Guest Services Senior Operator (Former Employee), GenovaMay 20, 2014
Pros: free food during all day long.
Cons: variable schedule every day.
Sometimes full pression, which leads to learn to deal and face different situations. The multeity of nationalities and culture of the co-workers help to learn much more.
Being in a small place that moves from one place to another some things are hard to manage (lost luggage, missing luggage, accidents ashore, illnes on board) but not impossible to solve.
Different activities to make pleasant the stay on board: karaokes, parties, ping pong table, X box program, excursions, gym.
Good Workplace
Cabin Steward (Former Employee), Manila, P00March 1, 2014
Responsible for a station of approximately twenty four cabins
Provides personal assistance to guests and aims to exceed their expectations
Twice daily cleaning and servicing of passenger cabins to company standards
Stripping and re-covering of beds as per set schedule and standards
Must re-stock the mini-bars and charge used items to guests
Must replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice and all other amenities
Must report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies
Must be always friendly and helpful, to all guests regardless if they are or are not in your station
there are fotball table
Housekepping steweard (Former Employee), Italia, FLMarch 8, 2013
we work 12 hour per day,new friends from other country and many great experience,the hardest part of the job when embarkation day because we must working more than 12 hour.the most enjoyable part of the job you works also you have experience around the world
FUN WORK PLACE
Cabin Stewardess (Former Employee), EUROPENovember 16, 2012
HIGH PRESSURE WORKING PLACE. I worked 13 hours a day some time 14 hours but i had a lot of fun. I love Costa and earned many experience while working there
Fun place to work
Cabin Stewardess (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: work hard, save your money and see the world!
Take care of your guests while they are abord the ship. Very high standards of service.
Excellent Training Ground
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Genoa ItalyJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours of work
I consider my work at Costa Crociere as training for me to be able to handle my work much better on land-based duties. One of the major hardships on working on a cruise line is being away from your family and love ones. However, this work taught me a lot and cultivated me when it comes to skills on my field of work.
Challenging yet rewarding service
Cabin Steward (Former Employee), InternationalNovember 14, 2014
Pros: extra tip from happy guests, free board and lodging
Cons: long hours and no day offs.
I start at seven in the morning by cleaning the assigned station (21 cabins) and ends up at two in the afternoon. Then i resume work at six for the evening service by attending guests' requests. I learned to appreciate the different cultures of the guests and to be more patient at all times. The management is strict in implementing their rules yet bends at times if they see it reasonable. We work as a team, helping those in need especially to the newcomers. The hardest part of the job is time management, since i handle 21 cabins, I see to it that all these cabins are well kept everyday and all requests of guests are catered and superseded. I am glad to see happy faces from the guests upon disembarkation knowing they are satisfied with my services extended to them.
difficult job and isolated life onboard but fun to see the world
Cabin Steward (Current Employee), Manila, P00October 11, 2014
Pros: free foods and cabin and i get to see the world
Cons: 12 to 14 hours of work without dayoff and far from my family
working in a cruise a cruise line is difficult because of the distance from my family and the multiculture environment.But because of this hardlife,I learned to adapt with other nationalities,value my job because earning money is not easy, and follow the superiors and all the safety procedures.
The company as well as the management is very nice to there people they provide the needs of them.
Waiter (Former Employee), ITALYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and foods
Cons: long hours of work
- We work 7 days a week 11 hrs a day in broken shift
- I learned to worked with different type nationality of co-workers
- The management is well organized
- I worked with different type of nationality
- The hardest part of my job is the environment because we are mostly travelling around the world our ship is mostly at sea.
- the most enjoyable part of my job is that i can travel around the world
working in a crew ship is a dream come true
3rd cook (Current Employee), Savona, LIGJuly 31, 2014
the hardest work in ship is the daily long working hours with out day off.
the management and co-workers is my family in the ship (bravo)
working in the cruise ship is tiring but enjoy..
Hard an fun worplace
cabin steward (Former Employee), in Costa Favolosa Ship (Genova)June 16, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: long hours
I used to hear from many people that work on board is so hard and they are right. Finally I know It's much than I could imagine. But also I learned that I stronger than I thought. We normally work for extended hours and also we do not have rest day. It is not easy but we are able to adapt to many situations when we have focus. However, we travel around of world visiting a lot of places and cultures, we get a lot of friends and we can get to save money.
fun workplace
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Genoa, VICMay 31, 2014
I learned how to serve perfect coffee to the customer, be able to work with other-Nationality People
Would like to work as Bar boy/ Bar utility
Galley Steward (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: 14 hrs
A very good company,but no chance of promotion,or change of position as witnessed,i even spoke to the H.R onboard but still no result. Supervisors' very Harsh you know..... The kitchen Stewards.
like a big brother house, everything that we need are available
Crew bartender (Current Employee), Manila, P00May 27, 2013
Pros: free food all day long, breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea time snacks
Cons: long hours of work and no day off
The company is very supportive with the crew members, life on board is very multi culture and being flexible and versatile in life style is a must. food is not going to be a problem because it is always available as long as the mess rooms are open and the only hard thing is that we have to work long periods of time with our broken time and no day offs allowed but everything about the job is very routinary.
The company provide a chaplain on board to organize crew welfare and activities, and if allowed by the captain, every week there is a crew party and crew excursion for a specific country to visit. As a multi culture environment, the crew uses their own language so we used to learn and understand them and its also a free way to learn different langauge, but everybody speaks english most of the time even you are italian, spanish speaking crew, brasilian, indian, indonesia, chinese, vietnam and other european and asian crew on board.
Some times
Senior Security Guard (Former Employee), Savona (Italy)March 20, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: sometimes if there is a incident.
Needs to be alert at all times.
Has learned to be more protective where security is concern.
Needs to improve and listen to the crew also.
Very Gentle and always helpful.
If one is honest in work there is nothing as a hard job.
When one works with honesty.
management
MANAGER (Former Employee), Italy,GenovaMarch 19, 2013
to be part of leadership is not power, but a good understanding and good conduct, good development and larger involvement in the development of the casino.
productive, hard working person
Galley Utility (Former Employee), Manila, P00February 19, 2013
Get the job done on time. The basic of skills for cook. the management team was awesome. we have team work. no hardest part of the job because i enjoy it well.
it"s worth working with Costa Cruises
Assistant Waiter (Current Employee), Manila, P00January 5, 2013
Pros: free meals and lodging including plane ticket
Cons: 7days work.
I start working in my regular schedule at around 6am in the morning for breakfst service. Serving coffee and bread to the guest,while attending also to their other request and needs.Following lunch and dinner service with a complete set of course of food and drinks.I learned how important to understand what my guest wants to make the service fast and my guest satisfied.Time management is essential and important in this kind of work so I can execute without delay.Understanding the situation more keeps my good relation to all my co-workers.The hardest part of being a waiter is if you are in the situation that you"re guest was not satisfied.Nobody can deny that seeing the world with your eyes was not only enjoyable experience.
Um excelente local de trabalho para adquirir cultura e absorver conhecimentos
Cabin steward (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPDecember 30, 2014
Acordar bem cedo e assinar o horário de entrada sem nenheum minuto de atraso e começar a organizar todas as 26 cabines de sua responsabilidade e dar a maior atenção possível aos 55 ou mais passageiros hospedados nestas cabines. Depois de 7 horas de trabalho, escolher desfrutar dos mais belos passeios ou dormir até a hora de voltar à assinar o horário de entrada do segundo turno e começar a arrumar novamente as 26 cabines.

Aprendi a ter auto controle, paciência e o mais importante, a trabalhar em grupo.

É sempre um desafio trabalhar com colegas de diferentes nacionalidades.

A parte mais difícil do trabalho é saber lidar com as mais variadas culturas das pessoas, tanto colegas de trabalho como dos clientes.

A parte mais agradável é saber que mesmo todos os dias sendo iguais no final de tudo você aprendeu e viveu muito mais do que imagina.
Bom
Barboy (Former Employee), Navio de cruzeiro ItalianoNovember 12, 2014
Pros: boas acomodacoes e ambiente de trabalho
Otima cia, de uma forma geral, vale muito a pena trabalhar la

1 2 3